Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 6 votes

Do your deceased loved ones visit in dreams?

• Please log in to reply
420 replies to this topic

#316    kelly_89

kelly_89

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:10 PM

hi am new to this and wanted to share my experiences.

On the 2nd nov 2002 i had the strangest dream ever! I was in a hospital ward with my two grannies and my grandad. What made this dream so weird was that they had died 9 and 10 years before this so i never really knew them as i was only a toddler. anyways in my drean they were sooo real and solid just like u or i! i felt really hurt though because i beleived them to be still alive by this point and i didnt understand why they had never been there for me. My granny replied to me " we have always been there for you even though you cant see us!" I was so confused but after a while we were just chatting away like normal. Then the doors to ward suddenly burst wide open and another bed came flying in with my grandpa in it. I was so scared and kept asking are you ok but he never answered just started talking to my granny. Then when he finally spoke to me he said " it is time for me to say goodbye kelly!" of course i was wondering what he meant because he had just came in. Then everything went dark and i woke at half 5 in the morning. I went home later on to find out by my mum that my grandpa had passed away that morning at half 5! I was so creeped out but so comforted that he chose me to say goodbyt to!

Another dream was shortly after my uncle stevn died. I work in a chipshop not far from home but in my dream the chipshop was in a busy street in glasgow! The door tinkled and i came through to serve whomever had just came in. There i saw my uncle steven smiling back at me. I was so confused again because i had been to his funeral not long before that. I asked him to wait because my boss would be happy to see him (they were childhood friends) and he told he didnt have long and said goodbye. just as i went to my boss, he vanished from in front of my eyes!

A few years later i had another dream involving my grandpa. we were driving along in my car towards his nursing home. Nothing unusual there although it never came into my head that he was dead in this dream. We sat in the dining room of the home and were shortly joined by john, a friend we had both made. I then asked him where docky was (another friend) and he told me he was in his room. to this day i beleive that was my grandpa letting me know that john had passed away!

thank you if you took the time to read this really had to write it somewhere lol xx

#317    jwnks

jwnks

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

View Postkelly_89, on 26 October 2011 - 02:10 PM, said:

hi am new to this and wanted to share my experiences.

thank you if you took the time to read this really had to write it somewhere lol xx

Kelly,
Thank you for sharing your dreams. I enjoyed reading them. It is wonderful that your loved ones told you goodbye in their own way:) You must have been so special to them:)

#318    actionjackson60

actionjackson60

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:19 AM

View Postnycrican, on 14 April 2006 - 03:43 PM, said:

HI Everyone:

I have always had dreams in which deceased friends and relatives show up. I am always delighted to see them and immeadiately ask them why they are here because they are supposed to be dead. They never answer my question but just start to join me in whatever I am doing in the dream when they appear.

I have seen my dad so many times in the dreams, he passed away 20 years ago. I have had dreams with my father in law who twice has given me a big hug and it just felt so good. He passed away about 5 years ago.

I have seen my younger sister who passed away 8 years ago in my dreams. In one of the dreams, I told her to go away because she was bugging me as younger sisters do in real life. When I woke up, I thought to myself that I should never have asked her to leave because the time she was spending with me was extra precious time that a lot of people do not get.

I recently told my sisters and mom about my dreams, they live in another state. Both were shocked because they do not have dreams with deceased people. When I told my mother in law about getting a hug from her deceased husband, she was also shocked and even a little jealous.

So my question is, do you have dreams with your deceased love ones? Who were they and please describe a few if you can.

#319    actionjackson60

actionjackson60

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:27 AM

Yes. After my dad passed away in 85' it took only about a week at the most and he appeared in a dream. He did not say anything but he was smiling and nodded his head in a 'yes' like motileon. The only feeling I got from that is one of peace. He is at peace. Then my mom passed away last March. She did not come to me in a dream until last night. I was in this big room standing by a door. There was a long table off to my left against the wall with people sitting facing one direction, towards the door. A voice, a woman's voice said to me "You're mother is here". I looked to my left and saw my Mom sitting at the table with the others. I went to her and sat next to her. She asked me why I did come over and see her and I told her because I didn't see her. I asked her how she has been and she said ok and that she liked it there. That's all I can remember. I just know in my heart of hearts she had made contact with me to let me know she is ok. I did some crying that day. I just wished I had more time with her.

#320    Jealousbliss

Jealousbliss

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:30 AM

I've had a couple of dreams with my boyfriend. I don't think he's visited me. Unless the dream I heard his voice for the first time since his passing saying, "Forget about me!" counts.
The medium I once visited claimed they did. I think I'm out of luck in that department or he simply now hates me. One or the other.

#321    zhanna

zhanna

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:21 AM

He was my first love... and passed away a couple of years ago (7-8 years). I forgot about him. Now, when I am married he keeps coming to my dreams and tell me that he isn't dead, and that everybody is lying about his death, that he is alive. He feels so real and I always believe him until I wake up. I ask him not to bother me. But he keeps asking me to believe him that he is alive and to be with him. Every time I wake up after such a dream I feel happy and satisfied.

Every time he comes I tell him about my life... what happened since he passed away, about my husband..

He feels so damn real I can't describe it!

What does he want to tell me??

#322    Lostpet

Lostpet

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:08 AM

when my grandad passed away earlier this year i had a dream a few nights after...

I was sat in the pilots bar at an airport (my grandad was a WW2 Pilot and a commercial pilot after the war)and my grandad walked up to me in his old pilots uniform... I offered him a drink but he refused saying that he wsa only here to tell me that he was much better now and that he could remember again (he had terrible alzhiemers) and that he was happy meeting all his old crew and friends again...

he then told me that he had a flight to catch and i watched him from the window of this bar board an old aircraft possibly a DC-3, and take off into the sunset...

When i woke up i felt much calmer and much happier than i had been before

#323    Inhuman Implant

Inhuman Implant

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:02 PM

Hi, i don't think ive ever had one since i rarely remember any of my dreams lol, but my step moms from Thailand and she says she sees ghosts and everything like just there upper half of there body before vanishing seconds after she see's them which is some freaky stuff. But anyways i lost my grandma about 2 years ago and my grandpa about 5 years ago and she would always have dreams about my grandma and she would always say who my grandma is visiting next because she would dream and my grandma would be with a different relative every time she dreams. also another interesting thing she told me was one day she was laying down in my grandma and grandpas old bed (He passed away before she even met him) and she was laying in his spot where he used to sleep all the time and i guess she closed her eyes and she saw some old man smiling at her and it startled her and she woke up my dad. My dad was joking and said maybe it's my dad trying to meet you. Well she explained to him what he was wearing and my dad started laughing and showed her a picture of him on the wall and she just lost it lol. he would always wear this dark and light blue sweater and she was dead on the money. Well i guess that's another way you can meet somebody though lol. but anyways in my opinion i believe when you die, your basically in the spirit form and when you dream your in the spirit world where your lost but never forgotten relatives are. Your original form is nothing but a decoy and protection but what lies within is beauty and perfection and is the real life because in that form your free and can do what ever you want and know matter what you'll always be happy (just like when you and me was a kid :) )

#324    95-Nasty

95-Nasty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 256 posts

• Mom and daddy said "the life that you've led
    You'll party you're way straight to hell"

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:14 PM

My Mum passed away a few years ago and i have never seen her in any dream, in fact ive never dreamed about her at all (or not a dream that i remember). Thinking about it, i have never dreamed about any family member or person that ive known!
I did once (15 years or so ago) dream about meeting my favourite singer, it was a very very real dream. Any way he told me the he would come round to my house the next day at 8pm. So, the next day comes and at exactly 8pm the door bell rang! as i went to open the door, through the glass pannel i could make out a figure with long hair (My favourite singer has long hair). My heart was in my mouth as i opend the door! But it was just one of my mums friends!

The gods you worship are steel, at the alter of Rock 'n Roll youl kneel.

Long live, long live the King of Mercy.

#325    reynoldaguy

reynoldaguy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:00 PM

I have had visits from deceased relatives...thru my dreams many times. It always seems so real, they tell me they r fine...not to worry about them.  Night before last, I had a dream about my cousin. After our nice "visit"... I told him that I was going to tell his Mom (my Aunt) that I had seen him and that he was ok. He told me not to tell her, that it would just confuse her. She is in the early stages of alzheimers....so I think his advice was good.  Once, I fell asleep on the sofa....and had a dream that my cousin was sitting on the sofa beside me. As I awakened, I felt the sofa cushion move...as if someone had just gotten up from sitting beside me! I could still feel his presence for a few moments after awakening. None of these "dreams" have been scary. They have always been happy. Its only after I awaken that sometimes I am depressed that it was only a dream. Appreciate your loved ones the short time we are here together...and fondly remember those who are no longer with us....but, I am certain we will see them again in the afterlife.

Edited by reynoldaguy, 04 December 2011 - 07:04 PM.

#326    cosmicsoul

cosmicsoul

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

i dream of people who have passed. my father died 11 years ago and i have spent time with him in my dreams for the past 10 years. it seems a little spooky at first but i now enjoy seeing him in my dreams. it started with a dream about a year after he died. i felt myself pulled to my family home which we had recently sold. i knew in my dream i wasnt suppose to be going in the gate but i felt something was around the back of the house i had to see. when i walked around my father was sitting on a chair waiting for me. he said he had been waiting for me to come to see him so he could tell me things dont end the way we think. i was very confused and told him he had died and wasnt meant to be here. he told me his body had died and that he didnt need it anymore. i felt so calm and warm. i remember everything being extra colourful and a bit surreal like the rest of the world was on pause outside our little paradise. he hugged me and we talked for a while. i told him he should come back and see everyone. he told me he could only talk to me but will spend time with everyone when he can. i woke and felt like i hadnt been asleep. i felt like i had just returned from somewhere. since that dream i have seen him quite a few times. sometimes we talk other times i see him just watching my kids in my dreams. he always smiles. i have seen my grandmother in my dreams as well. i once had her wake me in the night. i heard my baby stirring in his cot. he started to cry a little. i sat up in the bed and she was standing in the doorway towards my babys room. it was a pitch black night and i could see her like it was daytime. she just looked at me for a few seconds then disappeared. i nearly crapped my pants because i knew i wasnt dreaming. i now believe that we do have a soul and that it does continue. many other strange things have happened to me over ther years but nothing too scary. it has changed the way i look at the world, i wonder who is looking at us

#327    acute

acute

The Hedgeless Hoglet

• 2,274 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:49 AM

My mom seems to spend half the night talking to the deceased wing of the family!

Being asleep seems to assist the communication in some way. Maybe it removes the distractions and inhibitions of the conscious mind.

#328    el_munyon

el_munyon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

It's awesome I get these dreams. I, just now, woke up from a dream of my cousin brother who passed away over 4 years ago. The first time I had dreamed about him, we were sitting outside my grandma's cornfield where we'd plant and harvest corn and other vegetables. Sitting there in the middle wearing white, I told him I missed him and asked how grandma and our other deceased cousin were doing. He said they were 'alright', meaning great. Grandma then called us in to eat, I knew at this point I had to say goodbye. I asked to watch over grandma. He smiled and told me alright and that I just watch over myself. The one I had about him just less than an hour ago, he was wearing his usual red baseball cap and a white shirt at formal party (what seemed like a high school prom). I saw my friends and I had me date in my hand and he was going to get us drinks. We looked at each other and busted out in tears as we hugged and hugged. We proceeded outside and we were followed by our other cousins and we were all weeping with happiness. This woke me up with tears flowing. I had never said my final goodbye to him, because in my tradition, when a spouse is pregnant, we are not allowed to fish or go to funerals. An ex-girlfriend was pregnant at the time of his death and I was assigned to be a pall bearer. I had to tell the family that my girlfriend at the time was pregnant. As much as it hurt, I couldn't go to his funeral and say my last goodbye to him. I watched the burial outside crying to myself instead. As it turned out, the baby born wasn't mine and for that reason, she is my ex. I don't know what he is telling me in this dream, I hope it is something good. I keep telling myself that it is a visit from his spiritual self and the days that follow i keep it to myself. Can someone relate?

#329    Shoya_48

Shoya_48

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• The start always begins at the end!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

View Postnycrican, on 14 April 2006 - 03:43 PM, said:

HI Everyone:

I have always had dreams in which deceased friends and relatives show up. I am always delighted to see them and immeadiately ask them why they are here because they are supposed to be dead. They never answer my question but just start to join me in whatever I am doing in the dream when they appear.

I have seen my dad so many times in the dreams, he passed away 20 years ago. I have had dreams with my father in law who twice has given me a big hug and it just felt so good. He passed away about 5 years ago.

I have seen my younger sister who passed away 8 years ago in my dreams. In one of the dreams, I told her to go away because she was bugging me as younger sisters do in real life. When I woke up, I thought to myself that I should never have asked her to leave because the time she was spending with me was extra precious time that a lot of people do not get.

I recently told my sisters and mom about my dreams, they live in another state. Both were shocked because they do not have dreams with deceased people. When I told my mother in law about getting a hug from her deceased husband, she was also shocked and even a little jealous.

So my question is, do you have dreams with your deceased love ones? Who were they and please describe a few if you can.

Hello there!Oh,yes,definitely,I have had lots of dreams like these.Generaly,it is about my dad,who made his transition 8 years ago.He passed away with Alzheimer's.But i always see him in my dreams very very healthy and happy.Normaly,there are never words.Mind you,spirits do not communicate with you through words.You feel in your heart what they want to say to you.
However,my story about this,is pretty different,and happened to me again 8 years ago,with someone who was not my father,but my idol.His name is Daijiro Kato,from Japan.He passed away due to an horrible motorbike accident,leaving him in coma for 13 days.Well,i loved him very much,but had never been personaly with him.However,what i am going to describe next,it is strange and comforting at the same time.
By the time Daijiro made his transition,i didn't believe in the afterlife.And i feared death.My suffering and grief for his passing,went on and on for an year.I even considered killing myself.What follows next is:Daijiro saved my life.This is my belief,because i was thinking of killing myself on the next day,prior to the night when he came to my dream.I went to bed normaly,just thinking,"tomorrow it'll be all over".Then i just remember waking up next morning,with a big smile in my lips,which was not usual in me.The dream was as it follows:
I didn't remember it to be like any astral travelling.I just found myself alone on an open green field,with some mountains,and the sky was a marine blue,a very beautiful colour.I remember a smell of flowers,but i can't describe what type of flowers they were.It nor cold or hot.I remember me feeling very very light.I walked through that green field,and after some steps,I found a small house,something that looked like a long long wall,with many many doors.I kept walking,and suddenly i looked at one of the doors in which there was something written.Every door,had a name of a person.This door i looked at simply had written on it: "Daijiro Kato is HERE.".
I immediately opened up the door,which was not locked.And when i entered,i looked around me,and saw a white room.There was a woman,also dressed in white.I looked around with more attention,and at the corner of the room,i saw Daijiro laying down on a bed,which also had sparkling white sheets.Daijiro looked as if he was sleeping.I felt as if he was not dead.He was still wearing his competition suit,blue and white.The woman looked at me,and i realized she was taking care of him.There were no words at all.Then suddenly,I called Daijiro's name,and he wakes up,as nothing has ever happened to him.He was fine.No signs of physical trauma,nothing.He smiled at me,and gave me a kiss!I looked in his eyes,and could see happiness.But nothing,again,was said.Next thing i now remember,was not seeing him or that green land again,as I woke up,still smiling!This was one of the most marking things of my life.I felt then Daijiro hasn't died,and somehow,even though we didn't meet personaly here on earth,he knew of my grief and wanted to tell me how wrong i was.With this,the ideas of suicide,vanished in the wind!Until this day,as i say,I still think it was Daijiro saving my life and opening my eyes up.

This was my wonderful experience,even though sometimes,i have also his friend Norick who also made his transition recently, coming to me in my dreams.Well,but Norick knew me,as I have been with him,7 years ago anyway...
This is my story....

#330    Kaebae

Kaebae

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:02 AM

Something like that happened to me but it wasn't a dream.
See my uncle died around 2 years ago. The week of his death I was sleeping and woke up. I had the feeling to look to my side, so I did. And when I did i saw my uncle standing there looking at me . I didn't know what to say or do so I screamed for my mom and dad ( I was around 11 years old) . My mom and dad told me he was there to say he was ok and safe. I couldn't stop thinking about it!

Then, 2 years later ( this happened 3 days ago) this boy I know died from a lung stransplant . Well the night that boy  died my uncle came again. I woke up and saw him standing the same spot he was the other time. But this time he was holding a sign. Yet, I couldn't read it  because the words were blurry. I again screamed and ran to my mom and dad crying. I still don't know what to do about it. I don't know if I should be happy that he is coming to see me. Or scared... He obviously wants to tell me something but I don't know what.
I just really want some answers to all of this....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users