Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

Do your deceased loved ones visit in dreams?

• Please log in to reply
422 replies to this topic

#346    TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Sir Woodyalot

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

Through the years I have had a few dreams about deceased relatives. They usually bring messages...something I need to know ...presenting it in a very symbolic way.
I have dreamt of an uncle. He was bright (in a purple shirt) and vivid  and light and he sent me the message that it was not the time for my father to passHe walked into my dream...stood and smiled..nodded and then turned and walked in to the light. I know my father was going to surive.

We each know the symbolic meaning of our dreams...if we will only look.

Edited by TheWatcher, 01 May 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#347    Conrad Clough

Conrad Clough

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

I dream about deceased family members from time to time, but I am not sure they are really 'visiting me'.

#348    lag

lag

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:37 AM

I dream about deceased family members quite often.  I had a dream about my mother recently-she wanted to go into the house she lived in as a young girl (the house still stands across town).  She said she wanted to go in and fix it up, make curtains, etc  but then she said to me  "I can't go in, they wont let me."  I dont know quite how to interpret that yet...still thinking on it as to what she meant, but it made me sad.

#349    imsheena

imsheena

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

I have dreams of my dead relatives from time to time, but when they visit me, they have a very specific message that relates to them or to my well being.

I had been going through a rough patch and turned to drugs and alcohol. My grandfather was a very stern and strict man when he was alive, so when he visited me in my dreams I wasn't surprised to hear him yelling at me for doing all the bad things I was doing. I swear it scared the crap out of me. Literally scared straight. I cleaned up shortly after that.

I also had another dream of my grandmother who had asked me to pray for her. It was clear she was a spirit in my dreams, and she came to visit me in our old house.

I have had many others like this. I hear my family members tell me that they get visited in their dreams, but they just appear. They never talk to them.

#350    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

I Only Remember Dreaming About My Grandma 2-3 Times .. All Of My Grandparents Have Died Ages Ago, But For Some Reason I Always Dream About My Dad's Mum .. I Wonder Why That Is ..

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#351    Limpadellic

Limpadellic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

This is something that happens to me regularly. My mum passed away December 2009 when I was 19 (pretty crap christmas that year!) and I still often dream of her. Atleast a few times a month. She went so suddenly, she was diagnosed with terminal cancer, but it was at bay. Even shrinking in some places, unfortunately she devloped a blood clot on her lung and 2 days later she was no longer with us. She is always healthy when I dream of her and is never sad - Just how I like to remember her :)

My dreams usually consist of the same thing but they are split into 2 types. First is i'd be doing something and my mum would appear and we just be mother and daughter. Sometimes we argue but thats rare, I do know that shes suppose to be dead and usually ask her. She mostly never answers but if she does she says that there was a misunderstanding and shes back. On the times that she tells me this I become detatched from the dream and it continues. Im still there but almost as if im a third person watching myself and my mum. I still know she isnt suppose to be here - almost like my subconscious and conscious mind are fighting each other? The third person me is rational telling myself she isnt suppose to be here, almost like when you have a nightmare and try to wake your self up (I dont know if anyone has ever had that experience?..)

The times I don't ask are the best, I dont detatch at all and I embrace the fact that my mum is here for a while and I'm happy. Although usually I'm still aware she isnt supposed to be there, it isnt a great issue and im just so happy that my mum is there.

The second type I have is where my mum is already there, she doesnt just appear. And I completely break down telling her how I miss her and dont want her to go. I just spill out all my crazy on to her, like what I do when I do actually break down to my self while I am awake. She comforts me and hugs me and I just cry and cry. The dream never grows into anything more than me crying and I wake up.

I like to beleive she is still around, but I think her showing up in my dreams is my own way to deal with it.

I'd like to add my mum is the only relative I dream of even though I was extrememly close to grandparents, great grandparents and even a few cousins. It's just always my mum, smiling away.

#352    Bunny7475

Bunny7475

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

I have an aunt who lived across the country from me when I was growing up, but I always felt a strong connection to her. She passed away in 2002. Last week, I had a VERY vivid dream about her. It was so real I could see every strand of her hair. She looked beautiful and healthy (she passed from cancer). We hugged and chatted. I have been going through a very tough time lately, battling depression and trying to make a major life decision at the same time. In the dream my aunt said to me "When I was your age I only had 10 years left." She died just after her 47th birthday - I will be 37 next year. The weird thing is I didn't even realize at the time but a few days later I checked the date of her death and I had the dream 10 years to the day she died. Maybe it was my subconscious but I have a very strong feeling this was a real visit from her. She cared about me a lot and also suffered from depression, so I feel life she is with me now and wants me to live life to the fullest...

#353    advincharles

advincharles

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

Actually i am not, because i am a person who lives in dream in most of the times and i dream about me and the persons who are nearby me because every time i need to use the law of attraction so that i can bring more and more positive energy around me.

#354    gfield88

gfield88

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

Hello to All,
I have dreamt about loved ones who have passed on. They normal come into my dreams to tell me things or when I need answers to question. Sometimes it’s just to say hi. Before my best friend was about to pass I had seen her a lot in my dreams. She would come and talk to me and to share things with me. I will never forget the time in my dream; I took her to the gate. On the way she was telling me things and laughing with me and thanking me for everything. While waiting she told me to go pick flowers and a guy in a blue hoodie told her something and she goes I don’t think you should be up there picking flowers but I couldn’t see them but she could. I waited in line with her, all these other people were waiting as well. I woke from that dream and the next nite I fell into a deep sleep after work and its like it continued into the same dream from the nite before but while waiting for her I saw this guy coming towards me with this German Shepard and the next thing the dog puts its paws up on my shoulders and knocks me away and I woke up crying because they had taken her away.

#355    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:00 PM

There are several experiences I have had with deceased loved ones that effected my whole concept of life.

Some dreams are what I call stupid dreams, the kind where its your subconscious thoughts. Then there's the kind where you feel you're really somewhere else with them or they come to you, ...stupid dream abruptly ends and then you are like somewhere else.  

I was about 4 when my apparently healthy but very old great grandfather died suddenly. It was my first experience of a family death and I got told the usual he's in heaven thing.  I cried because I thought I'd never see him again and I was told I was too young to go see him at the service and it was during my bedtime. But I dreamed I was there! I saw his body and people there and he was floating above with me like a shiny version of himself. I saw something or someone else there with us like a beautiful colorful shining star. He told me not to cry that dead people aren't really dead they just change back into what they really are and there's different places they can go. He told me I could go to places while alive in the same way although most people don't do it until they die. I asked what the star thing was and he told me it was an angel. I told my family and my grandmother told me it would be better not to tell people about my dream and that God works in mysterious ways.

My next experience with a death of a loved one was my grandfather when I was 7.  No one suspected he died because he was still younger. That deceased grandfather never came to me in any dreams but SOMETHING came in real life told me about him.

I saw a mistlike thing with really weird dark big eyes while playing in a wood pile in the woods and being a kid I thought- neat it's a Casper or something! I started questioning him and he didn't answer my questions and I got scared. Then it "spoke" to me in thought and said he was my grandad's father that I never knew. He told me he came because it was important for me to tell my dad that my grandfather was dead. I always believed in a land of the dead as I called it where I saw my great grandfather in my dream but I didn't know they could come to us while awake -double neat!!!   I ran home and told my mother. She called my grandfather's house, no answer, then the neighbors, then the police since the neighbors said they didn't see him and he was supposed to be home. Dad got off early and we went to my grandfather's house. He had been dead for three days, yuk!  That was the proof I needed for myself that some if not all people don't really die like most grownups understand it happens. I knew in my heart, my grandfather was never really that horrible, stinky yukky thing stuck to the floor but it was only a body something like a broken robot!

I was really young but that was the day when I truly became devoted to understand life, death and the those other places or connections that somehow exist beyond the understanding of modern science or religions.  

As I got older I became skeptical of my own belief system, mainly because I was exposed to more science as well as a vast variety of religious doctrines. I always try to analyze events for more then face value.

Was is it just a manifestation of some kind of telepathy of subconscious or group subconscious that comes to you in a way that you understand?
Some religious views would say it was a demon since it said it was my great grandfather and the dead are dead?
Was that misty form with really big eyes actually what some people call aliens?
Was I just delusional and the message being true was just a coincidence?

I was really young but that was first day when I began a quest to try understand life, death and the those other places or connections that somehow exist beyond the understanding of modern science and religions.  

Many years later, I lost my other grandfather. I was closer to him than anyone and I was devestated. He had a long lingering death and I wasn't at his side when it happened. I felt so guilty I wasn't there and would be so alone without him. Just before his funeral when I was crying I saw him but transparent, younger and healthy and he spoke very quickly and disappeared. Don't cry, it's ok ...and for crying out loud you have to tell your mother, "There are other people here". I was surprised and confused, I thought I've just lost my sanity for sure!

I reluctly told my mother after the funeral at her house. She cried in happiness and started jumping up and down saying "My God he did it this is wonderful!"   She told him to give her that message of those exact words if he could to let her know for certain that people live after death. He agreed. She said they were doing a Houdini like experiment with a message what ever that is. She wanted to know if he was able to reunite with her beloved Grandma and Uncle so she could rest assured in seeing them again too...... Only my mother would ask a dying man to speak a certain phrase into a tape recorder after death after watching some stupid psychic show to prove something to her! He obviously couldn't do the message through the recording but came to me with it. My dad just said, "Thank God. Now we can turn off that damnedable tape recorder instead of me getting up in the middle of the night to rewind and listen to bunch of blamk tape!" I laughed and my dad just said to my mom "See I told you, you don't need a tape to know the answer to that!"

I believe that it was my grandad but on still the skeptic side of things I can't test it to prove it. Could have been a telepathic connection from my dad in some way so he could shut off a tape recorder for good? LOL  

My grandad has came to me in dreams after that but usually years apart. It's like stupid dreams suddenly end/ or no dreams then suddenly I am in that other world and he's there. We can talk, walk, float, change what we look like, he even showed me his first car with a rumble seat. We meet other people and we have fun but then it always ends up the same.  By the same, he gives a message of advise on how to deal with a tragedy, death or something that just happened that I didn't know about.

The dreams are always come a few days before the event in the message except once. That happened at the same time as the dream. I  really wanted to stay in that dream place but Grandpa told me that my mom's beloved dog was having a heart attack and would die -call her NOW if you don't she will die too! I saw the dog with my granddad in the end of the dream.  I woke up and called her. My dad answered, the dog just died as I was on the phone. Mom was hysterical and having a heart attack but wouldn't go to the hospital. I told my dad to tell her I just saw Grandpa and the dog is with him and his message of advise -dogs can go to heaven too! She had just freaked to my dad about not knowing if animals died permenently and gave herself a small heart attack while the dog was dying. She finally went to the hospital after she calmed down some. She was getting worse and worse and wouldn't listen to my dad at all. She only calmed down after my call.  I think she would have had a much worse heart attack if I didn't call like my Grandpa told me.  

I have dreams with my grandmother and strangers too but it's always that same world and when your in it and most of the people are deceased although sometimes one will say I'm like you. Its like you wake up in another reality you go to sleep there and wake up in.  I noticed there can be buildings and things there like here but they are different because it's like the people there can make the enviroment appear as what they want it to be. People there can even teach each others what they know and just like my grandad showed me his first car -poof-see it first hand and sit in it! Awesome!!!

My grandmother had a near death experience when she was young. When she was in her 90's she told me she was ready and wanted to go back there stay and told me all this stuff I needed to know if she is gone...I didn't believe she'd die but she died in her sleep that night with a BIG smile on her face and looked beautiful when I came to see her the next morning.  I never saw anyone die naturally that way.  She went to sleep in that dream place and stayed there just like she said. I truly think this is what's meant by the kiss of God.    

She came to me in dreams more than my Grandad ever did.  Probably because she still worries about the whole world not just family :)

#356    Valdera

Valdera

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

• things that cannot be explained need not be disregarded as poppycock but cherished as a sign of knowledge we have yet to learn

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:18 AM

A couple of months ago an ex of mine committed suicide. I hadn't seen him in over a year and had occasionally tried to make contact but could not find him. after having no contact a mutual friend called me and told me what had happened. a few days later I went to the funeral and it was an open casket. He just looked like a wax figure which started my disbelief that he was really gone. For the next couple of weeks I was a mess. I didn't leave my bed and all I did was sleep and cry. It was two days after the funeral that I got my first visit. In this dream it was like ground hog day. I would go to his funeral then he would be in an alley and surprise just me that he was still alive we would spend forever in a day together, talking, hugging just spending time together. then it would be over and it would repeat itself in a different setting. the funeral would be at a different place with a different amount of people and he would surprise me in a different way but ultimately it would be the same story over and over again. this went on about 10 times giving me more time to spend with him until the last time when I had walked into his bedroom and he and his current girlfriend were just sitting in the bed then I turned around and there were all these lights hanging from the ceiling with no lampshades over a bathtub and he was hanging there. there were light bulbs smashed on the bottom of the bathtub and blood everywhere. (this is because he had bought a ring for his gf and she dumped him on the same day, which is why I see it as her fault and he had hung himself. I'm not sure where everything else - light bulbs, bathtub, blood etc. -  plays a part though) this was my final goodbye that he gave me. I saw that he was actually gone. it was like he had forced me to see what happened to make me believe he was gone.

A couple of nights later I had a follow on dream almost. this one however was a lot weirder and a little more unclear. what i got from it was that it was like he was in limbo and he needed guidance to move on. we were in this house that had been picked up - sort of like in the wizard of oz how it gets picked up an spun around (by the way prepare for more movie analogies) and this is where it gets really weird. as if we had fallen into Alice's wonderland of weirdness, we had to make our way through these floating islands travelling via rainbows and had to make sure all these people in the house with us from older people to kids to even toys made a safe journey . somehow along the way half the house disappeared and we had an open space these kids could fall out of along the way. it was our job (mine and my ex's) to make sure these people stayed safe and the whole group got to this destination while he "drove" the house. we had to dodge "monsters" on these islands too. We finally got to the end and everyone lined up to go through this huge door we hugged and said goodbye and it was over.

In both these dreams it was insanely real. not like when you wake up from a dream and go "wow that seemed real" it was like I felt like I could look at my clothes and fully expect to rips and grass stains from what just happened in the dream.

Last night I had another dream not so real as the other definitely more like a dream but like he was trying to tell me something really important and he needs me to make contact when I can. He was cremated in real life but last night he had a headstone in what seemed to be a new cemetery or park. it was only a shallow "grave" of sorts because in the dream he had been cremated but he had a head stone too it also had this cement "door" almost that could swivel over his grave or over anothers grave. like it had some significance although I have no idea what. I kept coming back to the inscription and it seemed of importance which I tried to remember but of course it was too important to remember outside of the dream world. the dream then skipped forward and I went back to his grave to find that the headstone had been taken I went looking for it and in a woody part of the park found it with either feathers or leaves or something scattered like it had some meaning to do with the headstone. I found it and clutched it close to my body to take it back to the grave but his parents were sitting nearby having a picnic and told me to leave it where it was as "he" (my ex) had put it there. I put it back where I found it and as i did it was almost like his ghost flew past me laughing like it was there for a reason but I wasn't reading into the signs he had placed for me. again I tried to memorise the inscription which was incredibly long and had the majority of it but to no avail as the dream shifted and sent me into a part of the park that was a dangerous place to be and he was no longer with me.

Can anyone help me understand the last two dreams. I rarely have contact any more, he really only comes round when I'm not coping with life and it comforts me to see him again but it seems he's trying to tell me something else as well. I understand how lucky I am to have had these contacts as his best friends haven't even had contact which hurts them when I talk about when I hadn't seen him in more than a year. maybe he sees that I still love him in a way unlike the rest who mourn his passing. maybe the others aren't open to his contact I don't know I think I just need to know what he is trying to tell me but I would like to know why me?

#357    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

Valdera

You are probably right that he contacted you because he realized in death of his mistakes and you two had a real connection. I've heard that is very common for people with tradgic deaths and leave things undone try to complete what they didn't get to do in life. Also there is a belief that newly deceased who are not ready usually wonder around their body for about a year is because they kind of think they are still alive and they are still so attached to the old world and people and miss it.  He probably wasn't totally happy with his resting place or maybe even some the people when he visited it?  He was kind of lost and didn't go to the light as they say.  But don't think that he will be in that inbetween forever , he will learn and so will you that there can be a happy ending which is actually  that the good connections can "live" on.  As you felt his death within yourself so he feels your life more or less.  He may come back to you in realistic dreams to confort you when something threatens you. This is good as long as you don't get obsessed about it like some people do.  I don't think you have that problem since it's not a consistant lasting experience. In the beginning I think it tends to be way stronger when it is first discovered personally because you really want to try to find an answer and make yourself more receptive unintentionally.     

If it were my dreams I'd think maybe the house and other people were people like him kind of stuck between realities or maybe even some of the children he wished he had with you. You are the connection to him and them and that's why he's sort of the hero because he can still connect with you, you're someone still in the world that can know of them through him.  

Alice in Wonderland  symbols can only be interpreted by YOU,  which can become easier once you know a little trick. I hope this helps.

If you have a realistic dream before you wake,  you have to try to remember everything in detail before you open your eyes.  Write all the wierd symbolic things down. Now totally forget the dream's content.  Picture the the weird symbol such as the Dorothy house alone and just like the pyschiatrist does with ink blots,.... What do YOU see what is the meaning to YOU before you read anything else into it?  It may be a word or an event etc but only you can translate it .  You will be surprised with the simple meanings when you become successful.  I think the stone's inscription is the WHOLE  of the message to you and since it disappeared that means you know you don't know what the WHOLE message yet.   You will find the answers to what and why but it takes time :)

#358    paranormax

paranormax

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

All the time. When I want to see my grandparents, I think about them and they pop up in my dreams

#359    Saraebra

Saraebra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

• Unity in Diversity

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:29 AM

When i was around 12 or so, my mom got a dream about her dad that passed away a few years ago..then my brother got a dream about him. i was really annoyed cuz i also wanted a dream of him and to actually see him again. Finally two weeks later he came into a very vivid real kindof dream.

I dreamt that i was sleeping in my bed, then when my grandpa came (he wasnt in like humanish form but similar), i automatically arose from my bed in a half sitting position, he came to me and i was so happy to see him! He then hugged me, and seriously it was like a real hug in waking life! I could feel the warmth..

Then when i woke up for real , i went to my mom and told her.. apparenlty the same night she had a dream of him as well

now im 20, ofcourse during the years i had dreams as well of him..but i esp like this dream

#360    lizzieboo

lizzieboo

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

• He was more like a succession of extraordinary events than a person. (Douglas Adams)

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:37 AM

This is fascinating, powerful stuff. I wish I had some of the experiences many of you have described. I had one wonderful dream in which my dad came to me. It wasn't long after his death (January 7, 1992). I had completely fallen apart and had no one to turn to for comfort; my mother was so caught up in her own grief that she actually asked me to stay away from her because I reminded her of my dad too much. My marriage was crumbling at the time, too. Anyway, one night I had a dream in which my father came to me and said "Baby, this is just a dream; in the waking world I am dead. But I had to come to you to tell you that it's going to be okay, and that I'll always watch over you. Be strong."

Over the years I've prayed and wished for Daddy to appear to me again, but he never has. Other things have happened that seem to indicate that he's still watching over me, but they aren't dream-related so this isn't the place to describe them.

I'm sure skeptics would say that the dream in which he came to me was just my mind's way of wrapping itself around the fact that he was gone, but I don't buy it. I think if it was only a fabrication of my own subconscious, he would have told me he loved me, because that is something that he never put into words, and it always bothered me that he never came out and said it. I dunno.

All right, I see what's going on. This is the opening salvo in what will be an escalating series of juvenile tit for tat exchanges. Well titted! Stand by for my upcoming tat. --Dr. Sheldon Cooper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users