Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

Do your deceased loved ones visit in dreams?

• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

#376    SecondCia

SecondCia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

I used to actually SEE and speak to my Grandmother very often. It wasn't in dreams (though she did come to me in a dream in the midst of her death).

#377    No1Knows

No1Knows

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

I've had two dreams (that I can remember, anyway) about my cousin who died 9 years ago. we are the same age so we grew up together...

The first dream is her and I laughing our heads off on a rollercoaster, sitting together. She didn't say a word but she was laughing and smiling ear to ear. (this dream happened years ago and I can't remember much detail).
To me, this was her letting me know that wherever she is, she's okay and happy.

The second dream happened just last night. Her and i are texting (her with someone else's phone), me with a smart phone (which is not my own) that shows a display pic on lefthand side (the display pic was blue background with a wolf or something). i forget the beginning of the conversation, but i ask something along the lines of "are you okay?" and she writes "yeah, but my hands are cold. tell my mom." i write back "okay, but i'm not telling her your hands are cold." she writes back "hahah that's true." to me, this is so her personality as well. the fact that she laughed it off at me telling her that i won't tell her mom that her hands are cold. it's like she knew exactly what i meant i by it (which is, the fact her hands are cold will not help comfort her mother.)

I woke up after the 2nd dream and was seriously afraid to look over my covers because I seriously thought I would see my cousin/see a ghost. I guess I'm not mentally prepared for that part... this dream also took place on the Wednesday night before I'm going to see her mom this weekend (Saturday). This is so weird/coincidental that I'm thinking it's not a coincidence at all. I am nervous to tell her mom/my aunt, but I know I have to.

I honestly believe that people try to send us messages by visiting us in our dreams. Because of this, I'm going to tell my aunt about my dream.

I've always thought I am a bit open to "medium abilities" and get weird feelings/deja vu/good "gut instincts". I also had an imaginary friend when I was very young and talked about him everyday. One day I stopped talking about him and my parents asked why. I told them that he died in a fire. Very strange for a 3 year old to say. Unfortunately I don't remember any of that, though. :)
I also think that people who dream of deceased loved ones are lucky! Many people don't have that and wish they did.

Edited by No1Knows, 17 January 2013 - 11:21 PM.

#378    knoga

knoga

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

I have had dreams like these. The first one was when I was a child and my grandma died. I went over there in my dream and asked her why did she die and she told me that she wasn't dead so I asked her if I could stay with her but she told me no that I had to go back. The whole time we talked we didn't use our mouths. The second one was when my friend died I asked him "how are you" and he told me that this was the best he has felt in years. There has been others but they did not stand out like those ones.

#379    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• 4,606 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

I do dream of dead loved ones.

For a time, the only recurring one I had was with a deceased childhood friend, long before anyone else in my life died. I would be dreaming away and open a door to move from one room to another, when he would jump out from behind the door, grab me and kiss me. Then hold on to me and laugh. I can remember only once I told him he was dead, and he laughed at me. Context of dream: He took some acid and accidently drove his car into a cement bridge, dying at the age of 19. As high schoolers, when he would drive me home from play practice, he would try and kiss me. At that time in my life, I thought I was a terrible kisser, very insecure about it. So I always denied him. That is something I truly regret to this day. Wrote a short story about parallel universe or dimension hopping so I went to a timespace when I did kiss him, a lot, and later married him, so in love with him. My consciousness stayed in the dimension where he never had the accident, and moved back in time, and left the one I had been living all that time since he died.

Then I dream of my sister: dreams of her are always instructional. She told me to use silver as currency a small time before silver prices began to jump. Or she takes me to a college and tells me somethingh like "this is where you need to take up your education now." Then she leaves me to go about her own education, leaves me to explore the college and the knowledge.

I dream of dad and grandma (special one), some of them pretty prophetic as well.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#380    TracyTracy

TracyTracy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

• Hey you with the pretty face, welcome to the human race!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

I often dream about deceased relatives. One very vivid dream was about my grandfather who passed away when I was 1. In the dream I was sitting at a lunch counter and he was seated at the end. I didn't know who he was but as we made small talk, it became very clear to me who he was. I went over to him, urging him to go to my parents' house because everyone would want to see me. He smiled and said that he was there just to see me and to tell me everything was ok. I had this dream shortly after a close girlfriend of mine died in a car accident. We were 23 at the time. But it has always stood out in my mind how clear the details of his clothing were, and the fact that he was drinking coffee with cream and there were no spill or splash marks in the saucer his cup sat in.

Anyway, it is now 29 years later and my mother passed away in November of 2012. Shortly afterward I had another very vivid dream that I was at a restaurant with my children (ages 19,17 and 8) and a woman was showing me pictures of my mother and explaining to me how well she knew my mom. In the pictures, my mom was younger than she was at the time of her passing and she was smiling and very happy. In real life, I rarely saw my mom like that. The dream was so very vivid and while the lady with the pictures was "made up" I feel I could easily pick her out in a crowd today. She was so kind and calm. As the dream went on, I was becoming more and more ill-at-ease because I could not figure out who this lady was and why she had all the pictures of my mom.

When I awoke, I felt very peaceful and even asked myself if I was ready for these dreams again since they seem to come to me at the time of a loved one's passing.

Are my deceased relatives really visiting me? I am rather skeptic about that, But I do believe the mind has amazing abilities to help with the grieving process. And I do welcome these dreams!

Eileen

#381    Ronning

Ronning

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

I lost a very close friend a few years ago and have had a few dreams about him, most have not really stood out at all. Previous ones have been more of a social situation where we just hung out. He was killed in a car accident as the passenger. The other night I had a dream with him in it bringing me to this vehicle. As he was showing me the inside he was showing me where his blood had been spread all over. He was tearing pieces of the interior off and showing me how his blood went all over. He told me that the girl who was driving did not know if he was dead and just kept driving but in the accident they hit a tree. The day after the dream I didn't  really remember it but something through out the day triggered some memory and as I remembered, it kind of blew me away of what he showed me. I'm glad I recalled the dream but in a way I almost wish I had not because of what I seen.

#382    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,883 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

My grandmother appeared to me just as I was waking up a few weeks ago.  It was clearly her as I remember her with her usual smile.  As soon as I was fully awake she was gone.  I've had the same thing happen several times, although this is the first time it was my grandmother.  It's as though they take turns watching me while I sleep and sometimes I happen to catch a glance of them as I wake up.

#383    starchild1976

starchild1976

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

• Truth is stranger than fiction.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:02 AM

Yes.

#384    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

Not as much as I wish they would......I think the dead do have limits on contact, if for no other reason than they simply aren't a part of your life any more.

#385    Astral Hillbilly

Astral Hillbilly

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

• Pain is inevitable....Suffering is optional !

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

I do have dreams with dead relatives in them. Even though I know who they are, they aren't always themselves in dreams. It's like they're playing bit parts in my dreams.

#386    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 2,161 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:05 AM

As of matter of fact, I was taking a nap and had a dream about my father who has been deceased for over 9 years.
He was sitting at the the supper table and I asked him what he was doing here. He said, They let me come back once in a while.
And to my surprise, my mother said, I'm going back with him at 12:30. It led me to believe she was going to die at that time and
it was quite disturbing to me.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve.
But to much skepticism can make you narrow minded to extraordinary possibilities.

#387    Hayden_harlow

Hayden_harlow

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

A must have iPhone / iPad App for dream journal entries and dream interpretation.
For all the dreamers out there, a power and simple new dream interpretation tool!
Link: http://itunes.apple....d508437774?mt=8
This is a unique, stylized app which is so fun and easy to use for dream interpretation! Make new
entries, review existing ones, sync them to your calendar, and you can even set a reminder for
your next entry!
This is one of the best dream interpretation Apps on the iTunes Store. For a full list of their Apps,
visit www.algoryt.hm

#388    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:07 AM

My dad passed away 5 years ago,he is in my dreams a lot we just talk like he is still here

#389    lauren1986

lauren1986

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Hi :)

My best friend died on April 15th 2012 and since then, around once or twice a week, she appears in my dreams. Every time she appears we are talking and I always ask her if she is ok, and what is it like where she is? It is a most lucid dream as I know I am dreaming and know that the time I have with her is precious. Whenever I ask her these questions she always says she is fine and where she is is very still. My last dream that I had, the day before yesterday, we are standing in front of a cupboard/wardrobe and I ask her if she is ok where she is, and she taps my arm as if to say ssshhh, don't worry? She always says she misses me and wishes that she could be back with me, we were very close. She was 23 when she died and I had known her since the day she was born, our mothers are best friends and we lived next door to each other. Can anyone shed any light on what this may mean?

Many thanks

xxx

#390    Paradoxum

Paradoxum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 111 posts

• "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

Some really nice dreams here. I lost my dad over 15 years ago and he very occasionally comes into my dreams (although not much as I don't seem to dream a lot). One time I dreamt he wasn't actually dead and had just moved away, living in a caravan by the river that runs through the city! Even after all this time his features were very well defined as if he was actually there. No message as far as I can remember though, but can still remember the dream now even though I had it years ago.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - A. Einstein

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users