Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

Do your deceased loved ones visit in dreams?

• Please log in to reply
422 replies to this topic

#406    babar7

babar7

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

Bit freaked out by all this.

Normally I would love to hear from my loved ones in my dreams, but the other night I dreampt that my abuser from my past childhood was talking to me from prison, I think saying sorry but it upset me. Not only that but I was shown different things he did to my sister and I.

I don't want him in my dreams.

#407    xo.paula

xo.paula

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

View Postbabar7, on 30 July 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

Bit freaked out by all this.

Normally I would love to hear from my loved ones in my dreams, but the other night I dreampt that my abuser from my past childhood was talking to me from prison, I think saying sorry but it upset me. Not only that but I was shown different things he did to my sister and I.

I don't want him in my dreams.

Idk if this will help but sometimes its your subconscious if this person still alive thats the problem, if not thn mayb its a remainder that you need to let go. I mean I was molested as a child as well, but I forgive the person bc its torture to hold something like that inside of you. Back to topic if this person is deceased thn mayb they are having trouble moving on bc you have not forgive them. Try! Good luck :)

#408    babar7

babar7

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

Hi

Yes the person is dead. I do try to let go and then dreams like this just remind me of it all again! :(

#409    AndrewBechtel

AndrewBechtel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

I wouldn't even call this a dream, because it was the most vivid, clear "dream" I've ever experienced. I was at a party and all my "friends" were there, and I was standing and talking to a friend of mine that recently passed away and he opened up to me about what he has been up to since he's been dead. He said he visits his kids everyday and watches them grow up. He said to me that "Tonight I'm visiting you, I'm trying to visit all my friends one day at a time". The weird part was that everyone else at the party was like "Hey.........who in the world are you talking to?....why are you just talking to the wall?" Like I was the only person that could see him. And i kept yelling back..."I'm talking to Michael...he's RIGHT HERE IN FRONT OF ME CLEAR AS DAY!!!" and they were all thinking i was super crazy and yelling back "Dude, there's no one there, you are talking to a wall." I have no idea what to think about this, but I have been freaked out all day.

Thanks for reading.

#410    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostAndrewBechtel, on 29 September 2013 - 04:06 AM, said:

I wouldn't even call this a dream, because it was the most vivid, clear "dream" I've ever experienced. I was at a party and all my "friends" were there, and I was standing and talking to a friend of mine that recently passed away and he opened up to me about what he has been up to since he's been dead. He said he visits his kids everyday and watches them grow up. He said to me that "Tonight I'm visiting you, I'm trying to visit all my friends one day at a time". The weird part was that everyone else at the party was like "Hey.........who in the world are you talking to?....why are you just talking to the wall?" Like I was the only person that could see him. And i kept yelling back..."I'm talking to Michael...he's RIGHT HERE IN FRONT OF ME CLEAR AS DAY!!!" and they were all thinking i was super crazy and yelling back "Dude, there's no one there, you are talking to a wall." I have no idea what to think about this, but I have been freaked out all day.

Thanks for reading.

I had something similar happen like that. It was about a week after a close friend's death. I saw him in front of my office at work and he gestured a thumbs up which I thought was weird. I didn't even remember he was dead until after he left, because I was getting ready to meet him for coffee and see what was up! Like you, most people were looking straight at him but did not see him.  I thought it was a trick of my imagination until one co worker who was also close to him came to me later in the day and said did you see him too? She saw him giving me a thumbs up and another co worker said they saw a mist in front of my office that was weird. I didn't tell that person what I saw for obvious reasons.  I kind of figured the thumbs up meant he was not trapped in purgatory or hell, he was Catholic and feared that immensely before we were brought together by fate. I was given a message from "nowhere" to tell him to tell him the event in Vietnam that wayed on his soul would be forgiven if he could forgive himself. I asked, If you were the other man, what would he have wanted you to do? This gave him a peace before he died, and was greatful for my insight.  

Things strange happen and some people can sence things others can't.  They are blind and you are not, don't worry that no one else saw him, you have a gift.

#411    kelli908

kelli908

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

I had a dream after almost losing my mother. She is much better now and is home. I am stressing about money due to not

working while she was in the hospital (16 days). I had a dream that I woke up and walked in my living room and there was the

most beautiful glow. I heard lots of laughing and talking. I saw my dad, my granny, my grandma, my uncle Fred, my cousin Richie,

my Aunt Modesta and my granny was holding a small infant. I can not remember anything they said at all but I know they were so

happy. I love these peoples laugh and that I could hear and remember clearly. My dad and his brother looked the happiest. Big big

smiles. The weird thing though no one was the age they died, my dad and uncle were in their 30's, granny looked like she was

50's, cousin RIch teens, grandma 50's, aunt Modesta 60's. I don't know of a infant that passed but I did lose a cousin who was 8

when he passed. But I would think my grandma would have him because she raised him (he died in a car wreck). I am so thankful

for that moment to hear their laugh, see their smiles, knowing they were all together and will cherish it.

#412    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

My folks look in on me sometimes.  They don't say much but just they are comfortable but not together, something I kinda expected.  My grandmother is a more frequent visitor.  She explicitly refuses questions but is plainly happy with the size of her descendant count.

#413    Feebs

Feebs

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

• Imagination is more important than knowledge.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:03 PM

im regularly visited by people who have passed...my dad always is around when i need him for advice or just some reassurance...i feel very priviledged that i am able to remember them and often if i need a solution to something in my life my dreams are where i get my answers x

Posted Image

#414    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,801 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

I regularly dream of deceased loved ones, but I don't think it's them visiting me.  I think it's more a case of their emotional memory and impact being brought up in dreams in which it's known that emotional issues can factor into.

I have also dreamt in the past of a friend of mine who was dying of cancer but who ultimately survived and has been declared cancer free for several years now.  From talking to him, it's obvious that he didn't try to enter my dreams to talk to me or anything like that.  I recall visiting him in his mother's house when he was recovering from surgery and he was very cynical and skeptical of his mother's insistence that his guardian angel had been looking over him and saved him from what looked like a tragic young death from cancer.

I have dreamt of other family members when they were very ill from cancer before they actually died and the dreams of them after they died were similar.  Just plain old nostalgia coming up in dreams (their appearances in dreams has always been a pleasant experience) of family members and friends I was fond of.  I don't think the paranormal plays any part in my dreams of them.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#415    AbyssWalker

AbyssWalker

I'm not a Mutant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

I've had dreams featuring my dead friend, and my dead grandma. I don't think there's anything john edward going on in my dreams.

#416    CathrynCurls

CathrynCurls

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:19 PM

I've only ever had 1 dream (so far) about a deceased relative, my granddad, my moms dad. It was in February this year, just after my moms cancer diagnosis. He just appeared, I asked him if he knew that mom had cancer, all he did was nod his head, and then he was gone. I was never particularly close to my moms parents, not like I am with my dads, I woke up and felt quite comforted ^_^  

Since moms terminal diagnosis a few weeks ago, this visit has been playing on my mind more. A quick google search and I ended up here. I wonder if i will have any more visits?

#417    prdmmy11

prdmmy11

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:46 PM

ive had dreams of dead relatives too. sometimes its enough to make me wake up but im always crying in my dreams. I recently had a dream of my deceased uncle who passed away in july of 2014. in my dream he looked nothing like he did when I saw him in his casket. ive also had dreams in the past of my grandma who I was extremely close to. but I remember one dream I hadof her she had no eyes, they were black voids, like they were missing.

#418    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 5,391 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:45 AM

A question, dreams are of a thought world,  I often think if that's what its like after death all those crazy  some times distorted thoughts, what is real ? I like to know if my loved ones did survive awareness they would appear to me to be real in this material world.

#419    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,810 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:55 AM

Yes, I dream about my loved ones. When my grandmother died, she came and told me not to hug my grandpa too hard, for it will kill him. I took that to mean that coddling grandpa following his wife's death would harm him. So I didn't coddle him.
My other grandma comes to me in the form of amethyst. The rock appears and suddenly there is a strong feel of her presence. She had an amethyst ring that I use to sit in church and spin around on her finger. I still love her with so much depth.

I dream about my older sister now and then. One time, following her death, she came to me in a dream, pulled a ziplock bag out of the pouch behind her bicycle seat, a zip lock filled with sand and water. In the dream, she let the water out and the sand turned to silver. She said, "Silver can be used as a means of exchange." I told my spouse about the dream. Shortly after, he invested in silver. Then the price of silver popped. We still have the silver, hard form, at hand. In other dreams where she shows up, she is showing me where to go (in a building, a house, a path), and then fades away, claiming to be busy. She and I have (had???) almost exact beliefs in our spirituality, without influencing each other much. She just seem (seemed???) to travel the very same spiritual path. She was 11 months older than me, and for a time while she was breastfeeding, we literally and physically shared a mom (poor mom!). I KNOW that she is not gone. I do not mourn her. I just cherish every memory that comes up about her.

When I was 18, one of my good friends, with whom I grew up closely, died. Sometimes in my dreams thereafter, he would frequently  pop out from behind a dreamed door and kiss me. Then laugh. It was a tough fight when I was young not to kiss him. At the time, I was super paranoid about my kissing skills and was terrified I was a bad kisser. I couldn't kiss the one guy I really should have been smooching on all the time. We always held hands in church.  If I had kissed him while he was alive, would he not have died? Strange are our life options.

Edited by regeneratia, 10 January 2015 - 01:08 AM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#420    ddnelson9289

ddnelson9289

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:43 AM

Oh my I thought I was the only one that had these dreams. I enjoy when I have them and then I am like you are suppose to dead. Freaks me out. Does anyone have dreams that someone is chasing you and then you can fly? I have had these for years couldn't understand but now when my family is with me I convince to fly with me. The feeling of flying does not bother me anymore but I feel free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users