Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

Do your deceased loved ones visit in dreams?

• Please log in to reply
422 replies to this topic

#46    AngelXVI

AngelXVI

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

• God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change... Courage to change the things I can,,, and wisdom to know the difference!

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:47 PM

RX-7 on Feb 10 2008, 06:44 PM, said:

I already burnt mine  grin2.gif

That was quick! innocent.gif

Posted Image

Demons only exist if you believe in them!!!

#47    JoannaBanana1

JoannaBanana1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

• For every minute you stay angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:39 PM

RX-7 on Feb 7 2008, 04:00 PM, said:

There have been a large number of accounts of people seeing recently deceased relatives in their dreams or visiting them from their bedsides at precisely the time of death, and during these encounters they often describe sensations of not being able to move like in sleep paralysis.

I had a dream from a childhood friend that was my first best friend growing up. She died in 1999 of ovarian cancer. She came to visit me probably about 7-8 mths after she died. I kept seeing her Mom's name pop up on papers at work that we would get in the mail and one particular flyer from my stepkids' school - didn't pay much attention to it. When she visited me in my dream we were in the ballpark behind my parents' house that we use to go to all the time. She was right in my face when I first saw her - glowing skin, really bright eyes, wearing white. She said hello to me and I yelled her name and hugged her. We walked over to the bleachers of one of the fields. We sat down and I started asking her questions. I said "What is heaven like?" She took out a piece of paper and a pencil and started drawing overlapping circles - trying to explain to me that there are levels in heaven - you kinda have to complete one level to get to the next. In the dream it was kind of difficult to really understand most of what she was saying. But then she goes "Do you remember my Mom's first name?" and I go "Sure I do. It's Cheryl". Well, she just looked so excited that I actually remembered. That was the end of the dream. BUT, it got me thinking the next day. I kept seeing her Mom's name for a reason. She wanted to make sure I knew who she was by asking if I remembered it. So I decided to write her Mom a note (I still remembered where she lived - we grew up across the street from each other too). I told her in the note that her daughter came to me in a dream and I hoped she didn't think I was crazy for telling her so, etc. Well a few weeks later she wrote be back and said that I wasn't the only old friend from her daughter's that had dreamt about her and let her know so. She said that she hadn't visited her yet but said she knows by getting her old friends to validate their visits from her meant she was around and that hopefully, one day she'll visit her too. I cried after reading that but figured that was why she visited me was for me to let her Mom know she was okay.

Edited by JoannaBanana1, 21 April 2008 - 03:41 PM.

#48    The Paranormal Skeptic

The Paranormal Skeptic

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:56 PM

I personally have never got the privilege to experience the dream visit but my sister had an awesome one.  My sister lives in Long Island, New York and my whole family lives here in Toledo Ohio.  Anyway my Aunt died unexpectedly and when I called my sister to give her the bad news she was already awake.  It was about 3 in the morning when I called and she said ďIts aunt Pinky isnít it.Ē  I was shocked and asked how she knew, and she told me this dream she had that woke her up.
She was walking in a big dark room but she could see someone standing up in front of a couch.  As she got closer she saw my mother standing by the couch talking to her dad (our grandpa who had died in 1995).  My mother kept asking to sit down but my grandpa kept saying no Mija (daughter in Spanish).  My mother kept saying she was tired and she wanted to sit down but my grandpa kept saying this seat isnít for you.  My sister than noticed everyone on the couch was our dead relatives.  Than my sister turned and saw my aunt pinky who was walking towards her, and as she got closer she smiled, walked past her and sat down in the open seat.  She woke up and 5 minutes later she received my phone call.

The only thing worse than a cynic are the close minded believers.

Pork Rhine

Strange Frequencies Radio

#49    NoahJaymes

NoahJaymes

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 04:08 PM

I had a pretty crazy dream when I was in HS. The day before was a good friend of mine's birthday.  We were all supposed to go out and celebrate but I had a sectional baseball game the following day so I couldn't stay out.  In the middle of the night, I was dreaming of the baseball game which I often did and all a sudden I got this image of my friend.  Like everything was sucked away into the abyss and it was just his face staring at me.  Didn't even say a word. I woke up right afterwards and I had the strangest feeling. Hard to explain, but I remember thinking, dude Gary, why am I dreaming about your ass for.  I get to school and I saw everyone in the cafeteria holding each other, crying.  I immidately became aware that something tramatic happened.  A mutual friend who also did not go informed me that Gary had died in a car accident around 2am that morning.  I remember looking at the clock as it read 2:11am.  I beat myself up quite a bit over that, as did our mutual friend for not being there.  However, if we were, we would have died as well.  3 people died that night, up until then, I never realized loss.  I still deal with every March 22nd which is the anniversery of their deaths.  I never told anyone about that at school, until one year we were at the site in rememberance and I was talking to 3 others and they all said they had a dream where Gary just appeared out of no where.  Sends chills down my spine just thinking about it now.

#50    dkkjf68

dkkjf68

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:42 PM

These are all GREAT stories!  I'd like to share mine......................

A couple years ago around Mother's Day weekend, I had a dream.  One of of my friends who came to me in the dream had taken his own life about 9 months before.  I was shocked to see him and he told me we didn't have much time we had to go.  I almost felt like I was travelling at a very high speed out of my body.  There was just this sense of urgency.  Another friend (who was also deceased) met up with us.  We ended up at a friends house and we went to him and my friends said 'Just start pulling'.  It was like we were playing tug'o war with something but I didn't know what.  After what seemed like hours of doing this, it was seemed like whatever we were pulling on just gave way and we went flying back.  My deceased friends were very pleased and were happy and laughing!   I shot up out of my bed just sweating and crying and didn't know what the heck just took place.  A couple months later I ran into the friend in my dream that we went to visit and told him about it.   His face turned pure white.  He explained that he had come to a crossroads in his life and wanted to end his.  He said that on Mother's Day weekend, he had the barrel of a shot gun in his mouth for quite sometime and for some strange reason it just got yanked out of his mouth somehow. He put it away and never thought of it again.  His Mother passsed away on  Mother's Day a few years back and he always gets a little sad among the other things that were going on his life then.  He told me he couldn't believe that we actually saved him.  I don't know if we did, maybe just some crazy coincidence, but I'm sure glad that he is still around.  THere is quite a bit more to this story, but this is basically what happened.

I have had lucid dreams since I was a child.  I see my deceased family and friends quite often in them.   I'm very pleased that I understand how to do this.  It's a wonderful experience.   thumbsup.gif

Edited by dkkjf68, 21 April 2008 - 05:45 PM.

If you're green you'll grow.  If you're ripe you'll rot.

#51    Aanica

Aanica

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:44 AM

nycrican on Apr 14 2006, 10:43 AM, said:

HI Everyone:

I have always had dreams in which deceased friends and relatives show up. I am always delighted to see them and immeadiately ask them why they are here because they are supposed to be dead. They never answer my question but just start to join me in whatever I am doing in the dream when they appear.

I have seen my dad so many times in the dreams, he passed away 20 years ago. I have had dreams with my father in law who twice has given me a big hug and it just felt so good. He passed away about 5 years ago.

I have seen my younger sister who passed away 8 years ago in my dreams. In one of the dreams, I told her to go away because she was bugging me as younger sisters do in real life. When I woke up, I thought to myself that I should never have asked her to leave because the time she was spending with me was extra precious time that a lot of people do not get.

I recently told my sisters and mom about my dreams, they live in another state. Both were shocked because they do not have dreams with deceased people. When I told my mother in law about getting a hug from her deceased husband, she was also shocked and even a little jealous.

So my question is, do you have dreams with your deceased love ones? Who were they and please describe a few if you can.

I agree with the others they are visiting you as you sleep, you must have some medium abilities.

#52    Radian

Radian

Καρδιά ενός &a

• 8,002 posts

• Καρδιά ενός δράκου

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:48 AM

I think if they (passed loved ones) want to make their selves known, or send a message it will be done.. It depends on whether the person sees it as that, or blows it off as just a dream..

Posted Image <-- my attack bee

#53    occultus sententia

occultus sententia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:58 PM

hello everyone, i had this dream quite a while ago, i'm not sure if it was 1 or 2 years ago.  i dream t about it but only made it out as a bad dream i never thought anything of it till now.  

in my dream it was night, my mother and sister in the kitchen cooking, (this isn't unusual because my mother owns a catering company and often my sister and i help her)  well, i for some reason was laying down on the couch and my mother and sister just carried on no big deal.  Then our front door opens and my great grandfather, ( i discovered who he was a few weeks later) walks in.  i try to get up and warn or say something important to my mother, but i realize i cant move i'm completely paralyzed. my great grandfather, is very pale and doesn't say anything, all he does is walk around and look at everyone, he is starring at me but doesn't say anything and walks toward me i try to run but i am still frozen.  Still trying to speak to my mother my voice is paralyzed as well....then i wake up.

i really don't understand this dream and i don't even know why i had it, i never met my great grandfather he passed away long before i was born, but the only thing ive ever seen with him in it is a picture of his face which hangs over my mothers piano.  but for some reason every time i am visited by my relatives, or even dream of them they aren't happy dreams they usually are foreboding dreams which bug me like something horrible is to happen.  And they are always so odd.   Can anyone help me with this??  Thanks!! original.gif

Edited by occultus sententia, 22 April 2008 - 01:00 PM.

#54    googiboo

googiboo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

• Catch me if u can

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:13 PM

Shankpin on Apr 22 2008, 03:48 PM, said:

I think if they (passed loved ones) want to make their selves known, or send a message it will be done.. It depends on whether the person sees it as that, or blows it off as just a dream..

Yeah thats very true. My mum saw her dad for years after he died, but could never understand why. But after i gave her my perspective on it, it made sense to her. The only people i have seen in my dreams who have passed away are my grandparents on my dads side, and i heard my grandmother on my mums side.

I hadnt seen my dads parents since i was 4yrs old in greece. I vaguely remember their faces. In my dream, i woke up and saw them infront of me. They were see though, and glowing blue. ( yeah, too much star wars lol) They had tears in their eyes, but they were happy tears. They gave me a hug, then i woke up.

I saw my mothers mum not too long ago. Long story short, i was asleep. Suddenly i couldnt see anything, but in the distance i could hear a voice. I knew straight away who the voice belonged to. So i concentrated as hard as i could, so i could tell mum what i heard. My grandmother spoke to me in greek. But what she said has 2 meanings. She said, when u die, it doesnt hurt. Now i dont know if she meant after ur dead u dont feel pain, or if it meant the process of dying doesnt hurt. After that she said, " Im fine"

I think people who have an issue with u, either good or bad, if the feeling is strong enough, they would try to find u.

#55    Asphodel

Asphodel

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

• "I'm a perfect devil. Tell me how bad I am. It makes me feel so good!" -Lestat de Lioncourt ;-)

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:54 PM

occultus sententia on Apr 22 2008, 07:58 AM, said:

in my dream it was night, my mother and sister in the kitchen cooking, (this isn't unusual because my mother owns a catering company and often my sister and i help her) well, i for some reason was laying down on the couch and my mother and sister just carried on no big deal. Then our front door opens and my great grandfather, ( i discovered who he was a few weeks later) walks in. i try to get up and warn or say something important to my mother, but i realize i cant move i'm completely paralyzed. my great grandfather, is very pale and doesn't say anything, all he does is walk around and look at everyone, he is starring at me but doesn't say anything and walks toward me i try to run but i am still frozen. Still trying to speak to my mother my voice is paralyzed as well....then i wake up.

That's interesting. I become paralyzed in these sorts of dreams also. Its always just me in my dreams, though. No one in my living family is ever around. Does the paralyzing sensation terrify you? Has it happened more than once? If so, have you ever been able to snap out of it and talk? I've had many dreams like these since I was a little girl, and in time I was able to regain "movement" and speak. I was also eventually able to sense when those sorts of dreams were going to happen. Needless to say, I don't let them happen any more. The initial paralyzed aspect is just too frightening. Plus, they aren't always people I know or who were in my family.

Asphodelus ramosus
-White Asphodel-
-Food For The Dead-

~Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me~

#56    cpjason

cpjason

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:37 PM

I had one recently that seemed very real. My Grandma died recently. In the dream a cloud of energy was floating over me in bed. Somehow I knew it was my Grandma, and it didn't scare me at all. It was about 3 feet above me, and all the sudden it rushed down into me. I felt this strange sensation as it passed through me. I was tingling all over and my heart was racing.

I could still feel it as I woke up. I was sweating a little, breathing heavy, and my heart was pumping out of my chest. I dont think it was anything supernatural, but it is amazing how real a dream can seem. I still have my doubts.

Thatguy, international man of mystery.

#57    occultus sententia

occultus sententia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:57 PM

Asphodel on Apr 22 2008, 06:54 AM, said:

That's interesting. I become paralyzed in these sorts of dreams also. Its always just me in my dreams, though. No one in my living family is ever around. Does the paralyzing sensation terrify you? Has it happened more than once? If so, have you ever been able to snap out of it and talk? I've had many dreams like these since I was a little girl, and in time I was able to regain "movement" and speak. I was also eventually able to sense when those sorts of dreams were going to happen. Needless to say, I don't let them happen any more. The initial paralyzed aspect is just too frightening. Plus, they aren't always people I know or who were in my family.

the not being able to move does terrify me immensely.  i wish i was able to move and i think it was the only time that it happened to me frightening me even more, i had never experienced that before, it was only that one time if it does happen again though i will post it.  and i never did know him, as i said he passed away long before i was even born.  and when i woke up i was still in a state of shock the dream alarmed me.  i remember getting up and checking all the windows and doors.

#58    formyfather

formyfather

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:24 AM

my father visits me in my dreams once in a while. He passed away November 27, 2005. He and I were as close as a father and son could be and I had a very hard time letting go. During one dream he and I were talking and he was telling me how great heaven was and he showed me his new feet. They looked alot like mine. He was diabetic and he lost 7 toes to it. In fact, I just had a dream with him in it about an hour or so ago. It is very comforting and I feel that I can let him go from my day to day life.

#59    Dewlanna

Dewlanna

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 305 posts

• Dum Spiro, Spero

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:38 PM

Great stories and dreams y'all.
I wish my dad would visit  sad.gif  He passed away last July and we had a lot of unfinished "business" - when I found out that he died it was over a year since I last spoke to him.. Mum and dad split up a long time ago, dad was an alcoholic and we never really got on, had quite a few arguments etc. I never told him I was getting married and never invited him to the wedding and now I'm starting to maybe regret that... I dunno.

I just hope he is at peace, wherever he is..

I don't suffer from insanity - I enjoy every minute of it.

#60    WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

Poltergeist

• 2,321 posts

• It is good to give him thanks and praise...

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:19 PM

nycrican on Apr 14 2006, 11:43 AM, said:

HI Everyone:

I have always had dreams in which deceased friends and relatives show up. I am always delighted to see them and immeadiately ask them why they are here because they are supposed to be dead. They never answer my question but just start to join me in whatever I am doing in the dream when they appear.

I have seen my dad so many times in the dreams, he passed away 20 years ago. I have had dreams with my father in law who twice has given me a big hug and it just felt so good. He passed away about 5 years ago.

I have seen my younger sister who passed away 8 years ago in my dreams. In one of the dreams, I told her to go away because she was bugging me as younger sisters do in real life. When I woke up, I thought to myself that I should never have asked her to leave because the time she was spending with me was extra precious time that a lot of people do not get.

I recently told my sisters and mom about my dreams, they live in another state. Both were shocked because they do not have dreams with deceased people. When I told my mother in law about getting a hug from her deceased husband, she was also shocked and even a little jealous.

So my question is, do you have dreams with your deceased love ones? Who were they and please describe a few if you can.

Im happy for you..I too have visits in my dreams...Relative, friend and past Pets.

Blessings.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users