Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

Do your deceased loved ones visit in dreams?

• Please log in to reply
422 replies to this topic

#76    puppy love

puppy love

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 08:57 PM

My deceased uncle visited me in my dreams. I said Uncle I thought you had died. I didn't see his mouth move but he said, I did. I told him  that I was sorry I couldn't  make it to his funeral. With a big smile he said, that's ok I understand. Uncle was atanding  in a doorway. Grand Aunt died, seem to be sitting next to the door uncle was standing in. Grandfather died. He was standing in our family's driveway with his arms outstretched for a hug then gave me a white piece of paper with something written on it. After my special needs daughter died in August 2007, my Grandmother,who died in 1996, visited my mother and asked her where was Tina, my daughter's name. My mother told my grandmother that Tina had died. I guess my Grandmother found her because I've dreamt about Tina twice and both times my Grandmother was in the dream somewhere nearby.

#77    shaunalynn

shaunalynn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:59 PM

i've had quite a few.... my grandma and grandpa who have been gone since i was 6 and 3 respectively.... i've lost now 3 dogs in  my life, one when i was 3 who visited me later on in life, and one that visited me the day she passed a few hours after we had to put her down.  My mom's dog from her childhood visited me. All of them have several times now.... and then this past january my poodle i had for 14 years (she was a toy poodle) passed away and i'll admit losing her was harder than ANYONE else in my family.  It hurt more because I am away at college and my parents drove up to tell me the day it happened.  it was a week before she came to visit me but it was amazing because i just got to sit and hold her and cuddle her.    I miss her SO much.   I sleep with a stuffed animal look alike i bought several years ago because it looked like her and i keep her sweater on it.... yes, she had sweaters haha. I tell her every night that if she wants to come visit me i wouldn't mind.

my grandma and grandpa as much as i miss them i know they're always with me.  I am most like my grandma personality and looks wise and my little sister is JUST  like my grandpa.  He always joked around and liked to see just how far he could go to annoy me in the mornings haha.  

I freak my mom out apparently with how much I'm like her mom (my g-ma)....

#78    Veliska

Veliska

Investigator

• 2,581 posts

• The unknown is what people are really scared of.

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:36 AM

I just wanna say how awesome it is too see others dreams, because in away don'y they all have a connection? The mind is so wonderful!

Posted Image

www.myspace.com/veliska28

#79    Cinerbelle

Cinerbelle

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:53 AM

Hi Everyone,

I just found this Thread from a Google search.  I have had some dreams with visitations and wanted to talk to others that have too so that I don't feel so crazy.  My Grandmother passed away when I was 15 years old (I'm 36 now) and has visited me a few times in dreams.  When I have woken up from the "dreams" I have felt they were not dreams and were very real.  I have not had a visitation from her for awhile, but here is what has happened lately....

My Father passed away on May 29, 2008.  Just a few days after he passed away I had a dream where I did not see my Father, but heard his voice clearly and he was very blunt and to the point... he said "you need to get back to watching what you are eating and make sure you don't gain your weight back...and end up like me"...okay, maybe not those words EXACTLY, but that is very close.  My Dad died of complications related to diabetes and I had diabetes a few years ago before having gastric bypass surgery.  Lately I have not been eating as healthy as I should be, and have gained between 5-8lbs....it fluctuates.  I truly believe that he was telling me to shape up!  

Then last Thursday I was sitting in my car by myself waiting for my Sister to meet me at a store and I wondered to myself if my Dad could hear me if I just started talking to him.  So I said... "Dad, are you here...can you hear me"... I then went on to ask him if he thought something was funny that I had been recently saying about him (long story, but my Dad and I have the same sense of humor and I knew this tacky thing I was saying would make him laugh)...I went on to say that I wished he would give me a sign that he was okay...call me on my cell, make some light flicker...visit me in my dreams like Grandma had...anything, just give me a sign...

I woke up Sunday morning balling my eyes out.  I didn't know that his sign was going to be such a strong one.  I had a VERY REAL dream that I was driving down the street and I looked in my rearview mirror and saw someone sitting in the backseat (I was alone)...all I saw was hair, so I freaked out and jumped out of the car.  When I looked back I saw my Dad in the back seat.  I gave a sigh of relief and went back to the car, but my Dad was gone and my Grandfather was sitting there.  I was VERY shocked because my Grandfather passed away when I was 12 and I have never been "visited" by him in a dream, just my maternal Grandmother.  My Grandfather proceeded to tell me that my Father is just like he was while he was living....a home body, so he might not always be around, but no matter what he (my Dad) could hear me talking to him.  I started to drive the car, but was having a hard time moving my body...my Grandfather took my hands and helped me to drive...all of a sudden my Grandfather was no longer in the car and I feld my Dads hands helping me to drive.  

There were other little parts, but I can not remember all of it... I just know that my Dad did not say a word during the whole thing, but I saw him in the beginning and felt him in the end.  I have gone over this dream a million times in my head and can not figure out why my Dad didn't talk and my Grandfather did all the talking.  I feel like my Dad brought my Grandfather into the dream, but can't figure out why and why did he come 3 nights after me asking him to show me a sign... did it take him that long to talk Grandpa into coming???  Also the fact that the "dream" was in the car when I had just asked him for a sign while sitting in my car made it even more real.

Any thoughts on my "visit"?  I really feel like it is real and not a dream and then I think about it and think maybe I am crazy.....

#80    Radian

Radian

Καρδιά ενός &a

• 8,002 posts

• Καρδιά ενός δράκου

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:35 PM

Interesting read!! Thanks for sharing that with us, Cinerbelle..  grin2.gif

Posted Image <-- my attack bee

#81    WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

Poltergeist

• 2,321 posts

• It is good to give him thanks and praise...

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:58 PM

Cinerbelle on Jun 30 2008, 11:53 PM, said:

Hi Everyone,

I just found this Thread from a Google search.  I have had some dreams with visitations and wanted to talk to others that have too so that I don't feel so crazy.  My Grandmother passed away when I was 15 years old (I'm 36 now) and has visited me a few times in dreams.  When I have woken up from the "dreams" I have felt they were not dreams and were very real.  I have not had a visitation from her for awhile, but here is what has happened lately....

My Father passed away on May 29, 2008.  Just a few days after he passed away I had a dream where I did not see my Father, but heard his voice clearly and he was very blunt and to the point... he said "you need to get back to watching what you are eating and make sure you don't gain your weight back...and end up like me"...okay, maybe not those words EXACTLY, but that is very close.  My Dad died of complications related to diabetes and I had diabetes a few years ago before having gastric bypass surgery.  Lately I have not been eating as healthy as I should be, and have gained between 5-8lbs....it fluctuates.  I truly believe that he was telling me to shape up!  

Then last Thursday I was sitting in my car by myself waiting for my Sister to meet me at a store and I wondered to myself if my Dad could hear me if I just started talking to him.  So I said... "Dad, are you here...can you hear me"... I then went on to ask him if he thought something was funny that I had been recently saying about him (long story, but my Dad and I have the same sense of humor and I knew this tacky thing I was saying would make him laugh)...I went on to say that I wished he would give me a sign that he was okay...call me on my cell, make some light flicker...visit me in my dreams like Grandma had...anything, just give me a sign...

I woke up Sunday morning balling my eyes out.  I didn't know that his sign was going to be such a strong one.  I had a VERY REAL dream that I was driving down the street and I looked in my rearview mirror and saw someone sitting in the backseat (I was alone)...all I saw was hair, so I freaked out and jumped out of the car.  When I looked back I saw my Dad in the back seat.  I gave a sigh of relief and went back to the car, but my Dad was gone and my Grandfather was sitting there.  I was VERY shocked because my Grandfather passed away when I was 12 and I have never been "visited" by him in a dream, just my maternal Grandmother.  My Grandfather proceeded to tell me that my Father is just like he was while he was living....a home body, so he might not always be around, but no matter what he (my Dad) could hear me talking to him.  I started to drive the car, but was having a hard time moving my body...my Grandfather took my hands and helped me to drive...all of a sudden my Grandfather was no longer in the car and I feld my Dads hands helping me to drive.  

There were other little parts, but I can not remember all of it... I just know that my Dad did not say a word during the whole thing, but I saw him in the beginning and felt him in the end.  I have gone over this dream a million times in my head and can not figure out why my Dad didn't talk and my Grandfather did all the talking.  I feel like my Dad brought my Grandfather into the dream, but can't figure out why and why did he come 3 nights after me asking him to show me a sign... did it take him that long to talk Grandpa into coming???  Also the fact that the "dream" was in the car when I had just asked him for a sign while sitting in my car made it even more real.

Any thoughts on my "visit"?  I really feel like it is real and not a dream and then I think about it and think maybe I am crazy.....

Our loved ones are near us, and all we need to do is talk to them like they are in front of us.....Our Angels are always with us.

Im sorry for the loss of your Dad....wether your dream was him or your subconcious telling you watch your weight... listen to it... Our own intuition is just as meaningful... We get a limited amount of days in our lives...just make the best choice you can and the most of what we have in it. But as you nurish your body with the right choices...Dont forget to nurish your soul too........With the right choices......  The rest will fall into place.

Blessings

#82    Radian

Radian

Καρδιά ενός &a

• 8,002 posts

• Καρδιά ενός δράκου

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:14 PM

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT on Jul 1 2008, 03:58 PM, said:

Our loved ones are near us, and all we need to do is talk to them like they are in front of us.....Our Angels are always with us.

Im sorry for the loss of your Dad....wether your dream was him or your subconcious telling you watch your weight... listen to it... Our own intuition is just as meaningful... We get a limited amount of days in our lives...just make the best choice you can and the most of what we have in it. But as you nurish your body with the right choices...Dont forget to nurish your soul too........With the right choices......  The rest will fall into place.

Blessings

Great advice!  thumbsup.gif

Posted Image <-- my attack bee

#83    glyndowers heir

glyndowers heir

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

• We Are What We Are,
    But Some Of Us Are Not What We Seem!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:28 PM

well I do occasionally dream of my father but he's about the only family member who appears in my dreams.

You'd think that with 12 uncles/aunts on my mothers side and 6 on my fathers - all gone along with several of their children and grandchildren, that they might feature occasionally!

Maybe dad was the only one i cared for enough to visit?

Some people are like Slinkys ™! -
they don't do much good when they sit around ,
but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down stairs

#84    buile

buile

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:34 AM

I've recently had a couple dreams about my grandpa who've past away at the age of 78 in  march of this year.  In my first dream he only smiled and didnt say anything. However, in the second dream  I was going through what seem like  different mazes and eventually ran into my grandpa.  The family was  surrounding his bed while he was sitting up. I came up to him, kneeled down and held his hand. He looked at me and asked " Are you all visiting me because you know that i'm going to die?"  I felt his grip on my hand as he looks at me and cried. I answered, " No grandpa, we came because we all miss you."  At this point  I was crying and eventually woke up in tears. I really dont know what  to make of it.  He was so afraid of leaving so we didnt have the heart to tell him that he had cancer....and we stayed positive and told him that he  needed to be strong to get better. ..which we knew wouldnt happen since he was in the last stage of cancer and was too weak for any treatment.  But I've been feeling very guilty and was very selfish because I didnt visit or even called him when he was alive....i've neglected my grandpa when he was alive and now even if i want to call him i wont be able to hear his voice again. I fianlly came to visit him ( he was in a different state)  when i learned of his cancer.  I'm not sure if this is a paranormal visit from my grandpa or from my guilty state . I really want him to be happy like others who've past away but this dream is just the opposite.

#85    buile

buile

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:39 AM

buile on Jul 2 2008, 03:34 AM, said:

I've recently had a couple dreams about my grandpa who've past away at the age of 78 in  march of this year.  In my first dream he only smiled and didnt say anything. However, in the second dream  I was going through what seem like  different mazes and eventually ran into my grandpa.  The family was  surrounding his bed while he was sitting up. I came up to him, kneeled down and held his hand. He looked at me and asked " Are you all visiting me because you know that i'm going to die?"  I felt his grip on my hand as he looks at me and cried. I answered, " No grandpa, we came because we all miss you."  At this point  I was crying and eventually woke up in tears. I really dont know what  to make of it.  He was so afraid of leaving so we didnt have the heart to tell him that he had cancer....and we stayed positive and told him that he  needed to be strong to get better. ..which we knew wouldnt happen since he was in the last stage of cancer and was too weak for any treatment.  But I've been feeling very guilty and was very selfish because I didnt visit or even called him when he was alive....i've neglected my grandpa when he was alive and now even if i want to call him i wont be able to hear his voice again. I fianlly came to visit him ( he was in a different state)  when i learned of his cancer.  I'm not sure if this is a paranormal visit from my grandpa or from my guilty state . I really want him to be happy like others who've past away but this dream is just the opposite.

I'm sure that most people realize this already but i've learned the most important lesson and thats to cherish those around you before its too late.

#86    WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

Poltergeist

• 2,321 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:06 PM

You know...Its never to late to say what you need to say..They hear you.... Talk to him like he is there...they are never far.

#87    ValkyrieVoice

ValkyrieVoice

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

• "Bubble, Bubble Toil And Trouble;
    Fire Burn, And Cauldron Bubble.
    Double, Double Toil And Trouble
    Something Wicked This Way Comes."

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:26 AM

nycrican on Apr 14 2006, 10:43 AM, said:

HI Everyone:

I have always had dreams in which deceased friends and relatives show up. I am always delighted to see them and immeadiately ask them why they are here because they are supposed to be dead. They never answer my question but just start to join me in whatever I am doing in the dream when they appear.

I have seen my dad so many times in the dreams, he passed away 20 years ago. I have had dreams with my father in law who twice has given me a big hug and it just felt so good. He passed away about 5 years ago.

I have seen my younger sister who passed away 8 years ago in my dreams. In one of the dreams, I told her to go away because she was bugging me as younger sisters do in real life. When I woke up, I thought to myself that I should never have asked her to leave because the time she was spending with me was extra precious time that a lot of people do not get.

I recently told my sisters and mom about my dreams, they live in another state. Both were shocked because they do not have dreams with deceased people. When I told my mother in law about getting a hug from her deceased husband, she was also shocked and even a little jealous.

So my question is, do you have dreams with your deceased love ones? Who were they and please describe a few if you can.

I have frequent dreams where my dead father, his mother, my grandmother appear and just "be" with me. They never speak in the dreams though. I've often found myself wondering IN THE DREAMS THEMSELVES why they don't speak to me, but, when I wake up I'm usually always in tears.

"You Look Up When You Feel The Need For Elevation And I Look Down Because I Am Elevated. ..."

Thus Spake Zarathustra

-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

#88    JustNormal

JustNormal

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:42 AM

ValkyrieVoice on Jul 3 2008, 06:26 AM, said:

I have frequent dreams where my dead father, his mother, my grandmother appear and just "be" with me. They never speak in the dreams though. I've often found myself wondering IN THE DREAMS THEMSELVES why they don't speak to me, but, when I wake up I'm usually always in tears.

So sorry for your loses. I think when they come to us in dreams, they are letting us know they are just fine, and always around us. It is difficult when you wake and realize they have passed, but on the other hand they are trying to comfort you...JN crying.gif

#89    Regency

Regency

Poltergeist

• 2,854 posts

• I come fully equipped with a papoose. If you need to move me around I slot in the back like a peanut.

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:26 AM

puppy love on Jun 21 2008, 09:57 PM, said:

My deceased uncle visited me in my dreams. I said Uncle I thought you had died. I didn't see his mouth move but he said, I did. I told him  that I was sorry I couldn't  make it to his funeral. With a big smile he said, that's ok I understand. Uncle was atanding  in a doorway. Grand Aunt died, seem to be sitting next to the door uncle was standing in. Grandfather died. He was standing in our family's driveway with his arms outstretched for a hug then gave me a white piece of paper with something written on it. After my special needs daughter died in August 2007, my Grandmother,who died in 1996, visited my mother and asked her where was Tina, my daughter's name. My mother told my grandmother that Tina had died. I guess my Grandmother found her because I've dreamt about Tina twice and both times my Grandmother was in the dream somewhere nearby.

(((Puppy Love))) so sorry to hear about your daughter.  I hope you gained some comfort from your dream and I'm sure your Grandmother has her safe.  

Edited by Regency, 03 July 2008 - 09:46 AM.

#90    WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

Poltergeist

• 2,321 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:51 PM

Heres another dream I had I'll share.

I dreamnt about my cousin living in a white house.....(not the one she is in now)   Picture the house like an older salt box with a driveway along the right side going straight back. The house had a long extention off the back, so the house is shaped like an L ... shown here, but flipped over in reverse... Ok ... looking from the driveway that runs along the right side of the house, I was standing in it with my Aunt.... although I never saw her face, I was aware it was her and aware of her presence with me there.... Looking up to the second  floor window ( like a larger size paned window ) to the room off the back of the house, I could see someone in a pantry with open shelves and they were tidying up the pantry, like straightening up the labels on cans etc.... I said to my aunt.... boy, does it bother Janine to have the ghost in her house????

And my Aunt responds, "No, She's trying to just keep up with me" (meaning her, my aunt).... So I guess my aunt is with my cousin....afterall it is her mom... But, what gets me, is that it isnt the house she currently llives in. Unless she is going to be moving into this one at some point soon?????  But my Aunt, Janines mom died a couple years ago....

But its weird in the dreams..I dont see their face, but have a  "knowing"  feeling who it is, and we relate personality wise  as who they are and all.....although no words are spoken litterally, we communicate with unspoken words/thought but when recvd in my mind... it is the same as if they spoke... Like I recognize thier voice, even though they arent talking audiably to me....Im just taking in their thought...

Does anyone else get it like that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users