Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 6 votes

Do your deceased loved ones visit in dreams?

• Please log in to reply
414 replies to this topic

#91    Mia Camille

Mia Camille

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 239 posts

• I am who i am like it or not

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:37 PM

i have dreamed of both my parents both more of my dad, one dream is i was at a party we were outside and my dad showed up with his leather jacket and his helmet (he rode motorcycles in real life) , i told him what are you doing there you can't be there you're dead he just smiled and that's all i remember... I believe my parents come when i need them too comfort me.

Posted Image

#92    WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

Poltergeist

• 2,313 posts

• It is good to give him thanks and praise...

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:51 PM

Mia Camille on Jul 3 2008, 07:37 PM, said:

i have dreamed of both my parents both more of my dad, one dream is i was at a party we were outside and my dad showed up with his leather jacket and his helmet (he rode motorcycles in real life) , i told him what are you doing there you can't be there you're dead he just smiled and that's all i remember... I believe my parents come when i need them too comfort me.

Mia, I hope it brought comfort to you and placed a warmth in your heart...I truley beleive they visit..both in dreams and to those that have regular visits and sense them easily...... some only sense them in dreams .. such is the case with me...just in dreams.

Blessings honey

#93    Mia Camille

Mia Camille

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 239 posts

• I am who i am like it or not

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:57 PM

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT on Jul 4 2008, 12:51 PM, said:

Mia, I hope it brought comfort to you and placed a warmth in your heart...I truley beleive they visit..both in dreams and to those that have regular visits and sense them easily...... some only sense them in dreams .. such is the case with me...just in dreams.

Blessings honey

It did comfort me and i was real happy to see him.. thanks. I've had him come in person a couple of time too, never my mom though

Posted Image

#94    justinwysong

justinwysong

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 227 posts

• to scary or not to scary that what i know

Posted 06 July 2008 - 02:28 PM

RX-7 on Feb 10 2008, 06:35 PM, said:

This is all nonsense, and dream books are evil.

that must of been the book from the movie evil dead

o and i know when i dreaming i have odd dreams but other times it a night mare where i walking then i fall then i wake up

yes i know i have a fear of high places

#95    stargazer123

stargazer123

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:23 PM

nycrican on Apr 14 2006, 11:43 AM, said:

HI Everyone:

I have always had dreams in which deceased friends and relatives show up. I am always delighted to see them and immeadiately ask them why they are here because they are supposed to be dead. They never answer my question but just start to join me in whatever I am doing in the dream when they appear.

I have seen my dad so many times in the dreams, he passed away 20 years ago. I have had dreams with my father in law who twice has given me a big hug and it just felt so good. He passed away about 5 years ago.

I have seen my younger sister who passed away 8 years ago in my dreams. In one of the dreams, I told her to go away because she was bugging me as younger sisters do in real life. When I woke up, I thought to myself that I should never have asked her to leave because the time she was spending with me was extra precious time that a lot of people do not get.

I recently told my sisters and mom about my dreams, they live in another state. Both were shocked because they do not have dreams with deceased people. When I told my mother in law about getting a hug from her deceased husband, she was also shocked and even a little jealous.

So my question is, do you have dreams with your deceased love ones? Who were they and please describe a few if you can.

Yes it always happens to me with my father's family and strangely enough I dream of them shortly before they pass away and with some detail I was not preavy to and I am fully aware in the dream that they are going to die. Sometimes it is subtle like with my uncle he appeared to me in the dream and he was packing a suitcase and told me it was time for him to go and than he fell into a sudden coma weeks later and died and sometimes it is very obvious like with my grandmother she and I was making our way to heaven and she turned me back and told me I couldn't go with her and she passed away the next day of a sudden heart attack. I had wondered if the intention was for me to share it with another family so that particular family member who knew that detail that I did not would take comfort in it but alas it just creeped them out alot so I no longer share it my dreams like that with family. I am sorry as well to hear about the loss of your loved ones. I know these dreams have given me a sense of peace. I long wondered why they come to me I wasn't really even that close with many of them and I might never know but I know it has given peace and I hope it brings you the same.

Edited by stargazer123, 06 July 2008 - 04:32 PM.

"I am an arms dealer fitting you with weapons in the form of words and don't really care, which side wins as long as the room keeps singing that's just the business I'm in.This ain't a scene, it's a god damn arms race" Fall Out Boys
"Holes in our spirit causin' tears and fears One-sided stories for years and years and years I'm inferior? Whose inferior? Yeah, we need to check the interior Of the system, who cares about only one culture And that is why We gotta take the power back" Rage against the Machine

#96    WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

Poltergeist

• 2,313 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:43 PM

Mia Camille on Jul 6 2008, 09:57 AM, said:

It did comfort me and i was real happy to see him.. thanks. I've had him come in person a couple of time too, never my mom though

I always wonder why some choose to visit and then some who are the closest never do...My Gram never did either..But my neighbors dog who has been gone 5 or so years showed up... ??? Go figure?

#97    Radian

Radian

Καρδιά ενός &a

• 8,002 posts

• Καρδιά ενός δράκου

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:32 PM

Good question Warrior..
Maybe it depends on if they feel the need to send a message, or not. Or maybe they do come and visit, we just aren't aware of it. Just because we don't see them or whatever, doesn't mean they don't come to us I guess.

Posted Image <-- my attack bee

#98    WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

Poltergeist

• 2,313 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:05 AM

Shankpin on Jul 6 2008, 07:32 PM, said:

Good question Warrior..
Maybe it depends on if they feel the need to send a message, or not. Or maybe they do come and visit, we just aren't aware of it. Just because we don't see them or whatever, doesn't mean they don't come to us I guess.

I guess Sally is out of bone cookies rolleyes.gif   (my neighbors dog)

And this is something I dont seem to get any feeling on at all....   bummer!

You are right though...we dont always see them.

#99    Radian

Radian

Καρδιά ενός &a

• 8,002 posts

• Καρδιά ενός δράκου

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:06 AM

I think is good though. Because if one of my folks, or my fiance showed up to me I'd probably have a stroke. Not that I don't miss them- I DO so much, but I don't want to see them appear to me as spooks. Now, a dream, I can deal with.

Posted Image <-- my attack bee

#100    JustNormal

JustNormal

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:44 AM

Shankpin on Jul 7 2008, 12:06 AM, said:

I think is good though. Because if one of my folks, or my fiance showed up to me I'd probably have a stroke. Not that I don't miss them- I DO so much, but I don't want to see them appear to me as spooks. Now, a dream, I can deal with.

OMG I agree!! JN passifier.gif

#101    Amarali2012

Amarali2012

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:29 PM

I just HAD to jump into this one! LOL I used to have dreams all the time about a very close Friend of mine. I was actually in love with him. I have not seen him in so long sometimes it is hard to remember the sound of his voice. I am now twenty-eight. I had not seen him since I was twelve. I only just found out two years ago he died sometime while I was in High School! I will never know what happened or where he was, but he said there was something he had to do, and that he has to go away for a long time. I kept haveing dreams about him all through my teenage years. At some point he started telling me in those dreams to stop looking for him, not to worry he was always with me, and to look out for myself because he would be heartbroken if I was ever harmed. When I learned of his mysterious death, of course I felt like the world had ended for a while but I finally had closure, and once I had accepted it, I had one final dream. He finally relented to an old childhood argument about the name of a color: I said periwinkle, he always said "bluish-purple". He said in that final dream, "Ya know, I agree. Your aura is Periwinkle". Blue and purple symbolize healing and love.

Edited by Amarali2012, 09 July 2008 - 08:31 PM.

#102    sissy1355

sissy1355

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:45 PM

I have had alot of dreams about both my dad and grandma who have passed away, but I have to share one that was especially weird......

In the dream I found out that my grandmother had not passed away, but had been hidden in a nursing home by my grandfather.  I went to visit her there and we had a nice conversation....Then I woke up.   I didn't really think much about it when I woke up (it was not the first time I had dreamed about her), until later on that day when I was talking to my sister.  We were talking about the different dreams we had had in the past about our past loved ones when she told me a dream she had the night before about finding our grandmother in a nursing home after she was hidden away by my grandfather for many years.  

Although my sister and I both regularly dream about our loved ones, this is the only time we ever had the same dream.

#103    saturnrings

saturnrings

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:51 PM

nycrican on Apr 14 2006, 04:43 PM, said:

HI Everyone:

I have always had dreams in which deceased friends and relatives show up. I am always delighted to see them and immeadiately ask them why they are here because they are supposed to be dead. They never answer my question but just start to join me in whatever I am doing in the dream when they appear.

I have seen my dad so many times in the dreams, he passed away 20 years ago. I have had dreams with my father in law who twice has given me a big hug and it just felt so good. He passed away about 5 years ago.

I have seen my younger sister who passed away 8 years ago in my dreams. In one of the dreams, I told her to go away because she was bugging me as younger sisters do in real life. When I woke up, I thought to myself that I should never have asked her to leave because the time she was spending with me was extra precious time that a lot of people do not get.

I recently told my sisters and mom about my dreams, they live in another state. Both were shocked because they do not have dreams with deceased people. When I told my mother in law about getting a hug from her deceased husband, she was also shocked and even a little jealous.

So my question is, do you have dreams with your deceased love ones? Who were they and please describe a few if you can.

same as you, i asked a dead friend if she was dead and got no reply. quess why: coz they are not  really dead their body is turning to dust. if you learn that you meet your father in a plane (the astral) and comphrehend that you can interact with him or others  you will be very suprised to find out that you can communicate with them and ever share a touch or a kiss. probably your father is showing you that you must forget the idea of death and meet him precisely 'half way thru'.

#104    WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

Poltergeist

• 2,313 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:11 AM

This is my most intense dream...forgive me if I already put it here. I loked and didnt see it, just the one of my aunt....

Just before my father died he was in the convelesant bed, and they told me he wasnt going to make it...
His quality of life was gone and there was no hope of improvement for his condition...
He was never a spiritual person that I knew of and didnt beleive in going to church or anything like that...

When I was there I told him as he laid in a semi concious state that he was dying... and that if the darks came for him that he needed to denounce them, and tell them to go away and that he wanted to give himself to the Lord....it was never too late, he just had to say so and mean it....

(by the way, when i got the phone call the clock said 12:29, this was my grams phone number in the family for over 40 years...his mothers)
Well dad died the following day and this was the dream I had shorty after.....

I was sitting on a set of stairs in an inside hallway of a house... it faced the front of the house, and there was an outside porch thru the door right in front.....
I was sitting on the stairs in the inside hallway with someone, but I couldnt see who it was. I knew it was a large figure, and male in nature...and that whomever it was , was like a protector to me....I never saw a face....

we were looking at a photo album and going thru the pictures...when we heard some noise coming from the front porch and we looked up and saw this dark figure coming thru the open front door...it came after us, I could tell it was angry.....we both beat it off and away it went... i then woke up...

I feel it was the dark entities that were pissed they didnt get my father, because I helped him, I prayed for him too...and dad got to where he should have been with the Lord...

I felt that the person on the stairs with me was my Angel or Guide.. I felt a comfort by his presence....and a warmth of love......

There was another dream of dad that he appeared in a week or so afterwards, but none since that one...It was as if he just wanted me to know he was ok, and that was that... but thought Id share this one too...

Blessings

Edited by WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT, 19 July 2008 - 03:12 AM.

#105    GoGoGodzilla

GoGoGodzilla

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:55 AM

I do see people who have been dead for a long time in dreams, but never one on one.  It is almost always at some kind of social event, such as a party.  But the thing is, these same dreams often involve the living as well.  Old friends who I haven't seen in years, but are very well alive.  So I don't take it as anything paranormal, or any kind of actual communication with the dead.  Just memories, and wishful thinking.

Edited by GoGoGodzilla, 19 July 2008 - 05:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users