Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Diet and Excercise

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,771 posts

• "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" (Freud )

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:14 AM

What would be the recommended dose (in grams) of protein you would suggest for somebody that is trying to build muscle. I'm going to be a cop so I want to be intimidating  yes.gif lol, I don't know if there is a formula or whatever, if it helps I'm 5'10" and weigh 185, looking only for a slight weight gain, more interested in switching over my flubber for lean muscle.

And would supplements for lifting like whey protien be negative for me? Or do you think that would be enough to reduce meat consuption to 0? I also used to take creatine but read that it can have bad side effects on the liver, although it has many positive effects too, I'm debating wehtere to continue taking it.

based on genetics and being a male (helps in building muscle) If you were to clean up your diet that would show your muscle and then lift weights , males lift differnet them women Rage, I have a trainer i can tell you what I did my trainer had me get each muscle group accustomed to lifting lite weights high reps i could feel it but never strained i did this for 6 weeks then she switched me to a building stage which was enough weight to take me to failure never more than 2 sets per excersice and 8-10 reps never more than 3 times a week whole body each time  i did that for 3 months , On the eating she said the vegan diet is superior so i wasn't sent to a nutritionist..i litereally had people coming up to me asking what i was doing also cardio 3 times a week...i now maintain it takes very little to do that i just switched back to my original routine...i would suggest the Ymca its cost effective and they give so much help trainer, nutritionist ect.....They'll even help you with the fiancing if you need it.....

Edited by Sheri berri, 19 April 2006 - 04:16 AM.

#17    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,630 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:37 AM

I try to get into the pool everyday. I do a lot of walking in the pool, I is the only way I can do a normal gate.  If I didn't get in the pool I would be a lot more disabled than I am.  My diet could be better, but I try.  I don't eat meat every day.  I would like to get  back to living the country.  I miss farm fresh eggs, meat, veggies and fruit.  By the way the eggs you buy in the store won't ever become chickens, because they aren't fertilized. But the chickens that produce them live in nightmare conditions. Better to by free range eggs

Edited by Darkwind, 19 April 2006 - 04:39 AM.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#18    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 21,771 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:44 AM

I try to get into the pool everyday. I do a lot of walking in the pool, I is the only way I can do a normal gate.  If I didn't get in the pool I would be a lot more disabled than I am.  My diet could be better, but I try.  I don't eat meat every day.  I would like to get  back to living the country.  I miss farm fresh eggs, meat, veggies and fruit.  By the way the eggs you buy in the store won't ever become chickens, because they aren't fertilized. But the chickens that produce them live in nightmare conditions. Better to by free range eggs

thats really good darkwind, i know the conditions those poor animals are raised in is heinous IMO , my love of nature and sense of ethics I will never eat meat again, i will not support the industry with my money.....There is no excuse to treat animals in that manner, It breaks my heart.......I have pets  crying.gif Its nice to know others care too....

Edited by Sheri berri, 19 April 2006 - 04:45 AM.

#19    Power2the1

Power2the1

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 03:23 PM

I eat as healthy as possible, and I lift weights too. Somethign I noticed is I still eat some things that are not good for you, but I keep them to a bare minimum.
Its one thing to have a bowl of ice cream with couple oroes and still workout...its a whole other thing to eat the box in a day, with a whole tray of oreos, then sit around all week.
I am more and more gettng a soft spot for animals and all that, but I do not think I could become a vegetarian, but, I do admire those that can swear off meat...man, tastes too good :-)

#20    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 21,771 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 03:45 PM

It always made me wonder who decides which animals are to be pets loved and cared for while some other animals are to be treated cruelly and heinously then eaten....

#21    Hehe

Hehe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 06:17 PM

It always made me wonder who decides which animals are to be pets loved and cared for while some other animals are to be treated cruelly and heinously then eaten....

If you can breed a sheep that plays fetch and guards the yard i will name it Fluffy.
If you can breed cats that produces milk by the gallon per day i will i would plug it in one of those milking machines.
If you can breed a Chiwawa that produces nice filet steaks i would call it dinner.
Maybe that helps, nobody decides, their role in nature happens to be passed on genetically.  grin2.gif  grin2.gif  grin2.gif

#22    AdNauseamSuiGeneris

AdNauseamSuiGeneris

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

• A man's character is his fate.

Posted 21 April 2006 - 10:38 PM

If you can breed a sheep that plays fetch and guards the yard i will name it Fluffy.
If you can breed cats that produces milk by the gallon per day i will i would plug it in one of those milking machines.
If you can breed a Chiwawa that produces nice filet steaks i would call it dinner.
Maybe that helps, nobody decides, their role in nature happens to be passed on genetically.  grin2.gif  grin2.gif  grin2.gif

Yeah I think that speaks for itself, it's not some old man in a secret order that chooses it. It's really what the animals abilities are and their use.

If God is willing to prevent evil, but is not able to
Then He is not omnipotent.
If He is able, but not willing
Then He is malevolent.
If He is both able and willing
Then whence cometh evil?
If He is neither able nor willing
Then why call Him God?
-Epicurus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users