Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Sexy Women impede Men

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31    HKCavalier

HKCavalier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:11 PM

This experiment strikes me as not a little spurious; the kind of test that only serves to reinforce already accepted prejudice.  The prejudice du jour boils down to this: "Men are sex-crazed by nature."  And judging from a lot of your posts, y'all tend to agree.  

I don't see that these experiments show a biological cause when our culture is so saturated with these ideas.  Look how the OP was lampooned as being a boy just entering puberty, ridiculed for even posting--the implication being that he's "less of a [grown] man" for doing so.  Oh, I know it was "just a joke" but it was the kind of joke that reinforces lies about what is and isn't masculine.  Had a woman posted the article, I don't think anyone here would have ridiculed her in this way (oh, sure, she might have been ridiculed for any number of reasons--this is the internet, after all--but not for being sexually inexperienced).  

Sexual inexperience in men is shameful in our culture.  A boy is told at a pretty young age that he better know what he's doing sexually or the world will laugh at him.  If a boy doesn't have the stereotypical reaction to female sex cues, he'll soon be branded as a homosexual.  This kind of stuff is a constant underlying force in our culture.  

So such "experiments," mired as they are by culture prejudice, really only serve to support our fantasies and move us further from an authentic encounter with the real world.

#32    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,996 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix, ******** can't be.

Posted 25 April 2006 - 06:38 PM

This experiment strikes me as not a little spurious; the kind of test that only serves to reinforce already accepted prejudice.  The prejudice du jour boils down to this: "Men are sex-crazed by nature."  And judging from a lot of your posts, y'all tend to agree.  

I don't see that these experiments show a biological cause when our culture is so saturated with these ideas.  Look how the OP was lampooned as being a boy just entering puberty, ridiculed for even posting--the implication being that he's "less of a [grown] man" for doing so.  Oh, I know it was "just a joke" but it was the kind of joke that reinforces lies about what is and isn't masculine.  Had a woman posted the article, I don't think anyone here would have ridiculed her in this way (oh, sure, she might have been ridiculed for any number of reasons--this is the internet, after all--but not for being sexually inexperienced).  

Sexual inexperience in men is shameful in our culture.  A boy is told at a pretty young age that he better know what he's doing sexually or the world will laugh at him.  If a boy doesn't have the stereotypical reaction to female sex cues, he'll soon be branded as a homosexual.  This kind of stuff is a constant underlying force in our culture.  

So such "experiments," mired as they are by culture prejudice, really only serve to support our fantasies and move us further from an authentic encounter with the real world.

It was truly meant as a joke at 15 nowadays the kids are much more informed sexually, , HC puberty is a rite of passage a celebration finally sex is not this bad dirty thing its cute that frog posted this not a thing to be ridiculed where you see lampooning i meant how exciting of a time .....Your perspective is maybe looking for this???lol

#33    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:23 PM

You know, I'm a girl but if I see a pretty girl in lingere I wouldn't be able to concentrate either...as far as a hot guy-same thing.  Johnny Depp walks into a room and you can bet your sweet bippy I'm gonna drop my drink.   yes.gif

#34    HKCavalier

HKCavalier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:31 PM

It was truly meant as a joke at 15 nowadays the kids are much more informed sexually, , HC puberty is a rite of passage a celebration finally sex is not this bad dirty thing its cute that frog posted this not a thing to be ridiculed where you see lampooning i meant how exciting of a time .....Your perspective is maybe looking for this???lol
Hi, Sheri!  

Sheri, I didn't mean to single you out or imply bad motives on your part--of course you were joking--just pointing out an important undercurrent in the humor. Societal norms are often embedded in a culture's humor.

I'm certain your comments were innocent, but when a boy hears some variation on this theme over and over and over from every direction, it can be stultifying.  I happen to find our culture's attitude toward sexuality to be pretty effed up.  I don't have to look for this stuff, it's all around us.  

Any comments on the larger point of my post?

#35    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 21,996 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:58 AM

Hi, Sheri!  

Sheri, I didn't mean to single you out or imply bad motives on your part--of course you were joking--just pointing out an important undercurrent in the humor. Societal norms are often embedded in a culture's humor.

I'm certain your comments were innocent, but when a boy hears some variation on this theme over and over and over from every direction, it can be stultifying.  I happen to find our culture's attitude toward sexuality to be pretty effed up.  I don't have to look for this stuff, it's all around us.  

Any comments on the larger point of my post?

nice to see you its been some time hC I have missed you, as always i see the caring beautiful heart you have come through your posts, I do think you make a good point and one worthy of reading...lol ((hugs))))

#36    Avinash_Tyagi

Avinash_Tyagi

Government Agent

• 3,871 posts

• Searching For Answers

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:43 AM

Well next time a girl asks me why I forgot to get her a gift, i'll just say her beauty impeded my ability to remember.

Spider-pig, Spider-pig, does whatever a Spider-pig does   Homer Simpson

Everyday the cafe's and and outdoor markets of the middle east explode in anticipation! -Aasif Mandvi

Vir!  Intelligence has no place in politics! Londo Mollari

WWBD: What Would Belldandy Do?

When Christians attack!:

#37    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 21,996 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:55 AM

Well next time a girl asks me why I forgot to get her a gift, i'll just say her beauty impeded my ability to remember.

thumbsup.gif it just might fly too avinash lol

#38    Immortal Norway

Immortal Norway

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

• NP, risen from the snow...

Posted 26 April 2006 - 02:42 PM

I thought this was common knowledge... laugh.gif

I thought so too...

A second try, a second change...

Oh, and don`t ever make fun of my russian accent English, for Gods sake, i`m a 13yo Norwegian! Don`t expect me to speak this language 100% fluent and expecialy not without tons of grammar and spelling mistakes (Lol, I`m shure there are 6, 7, 8 only in this siggy)...

#39    Ravinar

Ravinar

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Location:some where between the majesty of creation and the void of oblivion

• A truly powerful being needs not destroy.

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:38 AM

man i hear you. i have ben called gay on numerous occasions because i have never bothered to get a girlfriend. frankly i think women are more trouble then there worth. don't get me wrong i hade female friends but i didn't see any reason to get into a relationship. the only reason people do it is because there genes tell them to. rolleyes.gif i like to think i have more control over myself then that thumbsup.gif

Edited by Ravinar, 27 April 2006 - 05:39 AM.

the human race is at an end and and my soul grows weary. the one thing that could revive it is almost gone and is in no condition to heal me. yet i shall not despair for the light of hope shines even in the greatest darkness. i shall continue to hope.... hope for the days of green and ever lasting love of all things. for those whom think them selfs better shall realize they are not all that is. nor are they in any way better for all life is equal.

#40    robbieb

robbieb

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 01:54 AM

God gave man a penis and a brain, but only enough blood to use one at a time.

~Robin Williams~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users