Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Northumberland 1971

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,909 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 06:57 PM

Dr Anne Ross was working at a museum in Newcastle upon Tyne when she was asked to investigate 2 stone heads. The heads had come from the garden of a house in Hexham.  A colleague, Dr Don Robbins, carried out tests and found that they contained unusually high amounts of quartz but nothing else of particular iinterest.

The stone heads had been sent to the museum because they were apparently the cause of some bizarre episodes at the place in which they were unearthed.  Shortly after they were unearthed, a figure appeared that seemed to be a cross between a man and a sheep. Which used to be seen at night prowling around the back garden and the house.

The children who lived at the house where they were found werenaturally scared and the parents wished to get rid of the heads, hence the removal to Newcastle.

Dr Ross has examined similar articles before, and although she said that she immediately felt wary of the heads, she had no problems abouth taking them home to closer examine them.

A couple of days later, she reported seeing a figure standing at the top of the stairs, she described it as being like a half man half wolf, she bravely approached the figure, and as she did so it leaped over the banister and disappeared towards the rear of the house. After her child saw the creature a few nights later she became concerned and buried the heads at a location she has not disclosed.

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#2    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

• For you, Baby, I could be

Posted 29 September 2003 - 09:31 PM

I've heard this story before.  I remember my sister telling me about it.  She thinks that in the account she read, the heads were of celtic origin.  If I also remember rightly, didn't the sightings of the creatures stop once the heads were re-buried?

I also think that the church was called in, but the exorcism had no effect.  The assumption was that because the stones pre-dated christianity, the prayers of the priest didn't work.  

Posted Image
Posted Image

In case...two words, not one Posted Image

#3    Agent_21

Agent_21

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

• Baby says: Vote for Biccy Boy!!! UM2004
    BABY LIKES MILK AND COOKIES!
    Yo J! ;)

Posted 29 September 2003 - 10:47 PM

I have some further material on the Hexham Heads.  w00t.gif  I will add it after the impending hiatus.

#4    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 01 October 2003 - 07:35 PM

Keep us in suspense why don'tya?

never take me too seriously

#5    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,909 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 07:44 PM

For more information, including pictures of the heads, and other canine apparitions, check this link:

Link

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users