Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mother Nature & Father Time

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Dakotabre

Dakotabre

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:06 AM

I am not sure if this post is in the right spot or not, so feel free to move it....

I believe in God and Creation, but I remember growing up hearing alot about Mother Nature and Father Time.

Does anyone know how these two 'myths' or 'ideas' came about? Where did this story originate?

#2    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,584 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 24 April 2006 - 12:39 PM

I would suppose that the term Mother Nature was formed from the nature goddess image of some pagan religions.

In Bullfinch's mythology, the Greek god Cronos was called the Father of Time.  That's the info I found about it.

Embrace the impossible.

#3    Bio-Mage

Bio-Mage

Mutant Gene Nullifier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

• Fear not...for I am watchful.

Posted 24 April 2006 - 12:53 PM

True, both are derivatives of mythological elements found in a number of cultures. The anthropomorphism of concepts like nature and time, is a way to bring them into a context so that can be understood. needless to say there is a healthy dosage of imagination in their mention and origin though original.gif

"Because you're worth it..... "

#4    Dakotabre

Dakotabre

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:35 AM

Thanks guys for your responses.....

It's pretty amazing when you think about all the things you heard of as a kid, or even things you hear and do now, most of them relate back to religion or some mythical being/God, law or legend...

Thanks Again  thumbsup.gif

#5    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 27 April 2006 - 09:44 PM

I am not sure if this post is in the right spot or not, so feel free to move it....

I believe in God and Creation, but I remember growing up hearing alot about Mother Nature and Father Time.

Does anyone know how these two 'myths' or 'ideas' came about? Where did this story originate?

I often wondered myself grin2.gif

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#6    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,752 posts

• Redbonz Stumpjumper from the swamps of Shamong

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:40 PM

Mother Nature grew out of the various concepts of the Indo-Aryan Earth Goddess. Father Time is a Greco-Roman (Cronos) and Persian Zorastrian (Zurvan- god of time and fate) diety.

Lapi'che

Token Nanticoke
http://woodlandindia...orums/index.php
It takes a certain amount of sophistication to live primitive. Stupid people usually don't survive...............

"There aren't any Indians in New Jersey. Just some inbred ******* that live in the woods."

-Donald Trump

#7    robbieb

robbieb

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 01:14 AM

eh i belive that mother nature came from the greek titan Gaia and Father time is Kronos(thats the origianl way to spell it in case u were wondering not that it realy matters) this doesnt have anything to do with this topic realy but originaly there was chaos who gave birth to gaia. gaia and chaos had oranos gaia and oranos had kronos and oth titans kronos was the father of the olympians i.e. hades(hades isnt considerd an olympian ususaly because he does not live on mount olympus like his kin) zeus posiden hera and the like i liek greek mythology lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users