Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

New Diet Craze........

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 02 October 2003 - 08:17 PM

Talking about the bug in candy. Here in Mexico, for one of the first meals I went to, in a really classy restaurant, a bowl of bright red things were put on the table for a starter? After closer inspection I found it was a bowl of chilli insects… The people I was with were spooning them onto their plates and eating a mouth full at a time! They come in a variety of flavours…. And coming from a country that’s a little reserve about what we eat, it was bit of a culture shock!  w00t.gif
Just another point, in England we mainly only eat the parts of the animal you can see from the outside. In Mexico if it can be cooked, they eat it. Nothing against their culture, I’ve been here long enough to respect them, but dam…
For instance, at a fair you normally get toffee apples extra… in Mexico it’s sweet corn, fried, which is nice, but, it fried with bright yellow chicken feet, claws and all, and the claw is popped into the Styrofoam cup and sweet corn poured over, once they have eaten the corn, they pick up the foot and nibble the yellow rubbery skin off it…
Also the other day I was eating grilled chicken, and a bowl was placed on the table with what looked like slightly yellowy coloured onions strips? I was about to put some on my plate when I was informed it was chicken intestines that have been boiled and let go cold, which is served as a side dish…

As I have said, nothing against Mexicans, they probably see some of my English food as strange (can’t imagine what) but that’s what makes the world so great, diversity…

#17    dancin'hamster

dancin'hamster

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

• "When Good is hungry, it seeks food, even in dark caves, and when it thirsts, it drinks even of dead waters"

Posted 02 October 2003 - 08:19 PM

*faints*

#18    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 04 October 2003 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (sarkypi @ Oct 3 2003, 01:49 AM)

Puerto Ricans make great chichirron (fried pork rind), but not the one u get in the bag when u watch the superbowl (that's like eating puffed air).

Oh they have that here, really yummy, along with avocado green cold paste. Actually its nicer than it sounds, lol.

But I’ve been a little unfair, there’s plenty of really nice recipes and different styles of food here.

One which we would never think of in England, Is boiled sweet corn, that has stick forced in the end so you can chew it, and it has mayonnaise smeared all over it, then sprinkled with creamy cheese, yummy.

And the tacos here are to die for! And you can't beat hot chilli! thumbsup.gif  

Attached Files

#19    man_in_mudboots

man_in_mudboots

title?

• 2,425 posts

• whither goest thou, young rogue?

Posted 06 December 2003 - 07:46 PM

to sarkypi- i can tell you it was not de twilight zone.
my mama has eaten a cricket in a chocolate bar(its not that i was scared..my papa wouldnt let me) ...she said it was bitter and she got a leg stuck in her teeth.... another one of my freinds got one and broke it (de candy bar)and to her horror found de head poking out... looked like it was staring at her...she really dint tink it had a cricket in it.

#20    shirini

shirini

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 04:26 AM

i agree, that is just a very icky story.

#21    Firebolt

Firebolt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

• Its a pirates life for me...

Posted 07 December 2003 - 05:37 AM

one of my old teachers said when she used to live in flordia, they would get tape worms all the time. (from running around barefoot in mudd and stuff) and her mom would have to put tape on her butt hole, and shine a light on it, and they would come out, stick to the tape, and pull..

and one guy, at the hospital i work at, came in and he had them so bad, we had to boil cabbage and he stuck his head over it and breathed in. they would just fall out of his mouth! i was like AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

thought you ought to know!

Bro

#22    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,301 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 07:21 AM

uh Tape Worms can't move under their own physical force...
They attach themselves (permanantly) to the inside of your intestines and as they grow, sections of the body break away (egg cases full of thousands of eggs) and you crap them out...so uh starving yourself and then opening your mouth is a load of crap

#23    shirini

shirini

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 07:30 AM

hmmmmm i was just going to have a  slice of pumkin pie with ice cream.
but i no longer feel like eating!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users