Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Would Spinosaurus win a fight with T-Rex?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#1    SG7

SG7

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• To days Sci-Fi is tomorrows science fact.

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:02 PM

Would Spinosaurus win a fight with T-Rex? I think yes.

1. It can uses its fornt claws.

2. Its a littil biger.

3. Just look at it!

Human kind can not gain any thing with out first giving some thing in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. -Edward Elric the Fullmetal Alchemist

Posted Image

#2    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,745 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:26 PM

Spinosaurus achieved widespread fame as the main antagonist in Jurassic Park III. It is portrayed as larger, more powerful, and more vicious than Tyrannosaurus, epitomized by a scene in which the two resurrected predators battle and Spinosaurus emerges victorious by twisting its opponent's neck.

No such battle could ever have taken place in real life, since Spinosaurus and Tyrannosaurus lived thousands of miles and tens of millions of years apart.

Aside from the implausibility of the battle itself, it seems unlikely that Spinosaurus could have simply shrugged off a neck bite by Tyrannosaurus, which possessed among the strongest jaws ever known in the animal kingdom.

Spinosaurus did share its habitat with two other theropods that equalled or exceeded T. rex in size: the massive carnosaur Carcharodontosaurus and the large but relatively lightweight abelisaur Deltadromeus.

Although the three gigantic predators probably occupied different ecological niches, they may have occasionally come into conflict over prey or territory.

Spinosaurus

#3    SG7

SG7

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:41 PM

Spinosaurus achieved widespread fame as the main antagonist in Jurassic Park III. It is portrayed as larger, more powerful, and more vicious than Tyrannosaurus, epitomized by a scene in which the two resurrected predators battle and Spinosaurus emerges victorious by twisting its opponent's neck.

No such battle could ever have taken place in real life, since Spinosaurus and Tyrannosaurus lived thousands of miles and tens of millions of years apart.

Aside from the implausibility of the battle itself, it seems unlikely that Spinosaurus could have simply shrugged off a neck bite by Tyrannosaurus, which possessed among the strongest jaws ever known in the animal kingdom.

Spinosaurus did share its habitat with two other theropods that equalled or exceeded T. rex in size: the massive carnosaur Carcharodontosaurus and the large but relatively lightweight abelisaur Deltadromeus.

Although the three gigantic predators probably occupied different ecological niches, they may have occasionally come into conflict over prey or territory.

Spinosaurus

I know all that Im just saying who would win?

Edited by SG7, 29 April 2006 - 06:41 PM.

Human kind can not gain any thing with out first giving some thing in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. -Edward Elric the Fullmetal Alchemist

Posted Image

#4    Ravinar

Ravinar

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Location:some where between the majesty of creation and the void of oblivion

• A truly powerful being needs not destroy.

Posted 29 April 2006 - 07:38 PM

well i think t-rex would win. spinosaurus may have the size but t-rex has got the power. t-rex was very heavily built and had very power full jaws. it would be like a rottweiler vs a great dane. the great dane is bigger but the rottweiler is stronger and has very power full jaws like t-rex did. so yah my moneys on t-rex yes.gif

the human race is at an end and and my soul grows weary. the one thing that could revive it is almost gone and is in no condition to heal me. yet i shall not despair for the light of hope shines even in the greatest darkness. i shall continue to hope.... hope for the days of green and ever lasting love of all things. for those whom think them selfs better shall realize they are not all that is. nor are they in any way better for all life is equal.

#5    Pilgrim_Shadow

Pilgrim_Shadow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

• The color of infinity
    Inside
    An empty glass

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:36 PM

Would Spinosaurus win a fight with T-Rex? I think yes.

1. It can uses its fornt claws.

2. Its a littil biger.

3. Just look at it!

Spinosaurus was a fish-eater, with long, reletively weak jaws. Tyrannosaurus was smaller and lighter, but much stockier and more muscular, with short, powerful jaws. In fact, pound for pound, tyrannosaurus was a much stronger opponent, with one of the most powerful bites in all of history.

Given that best estimates for dinosaur speed place the two creatures in roughly the same range, I would think that tyrannosaurus would have the advantage. A more intelligent fighter (ie, a human) might be able to take advantage of spinosaurus's greater reach, but in all likelihood, the animals would not be clever enough to do so.

Of course, so little is known about dinosaur behavior that it is next to impossible to judge the outcome, even if the two fighters had ever existed side-by-side in the same environment. However, if bets were being taken, I would probably put my money on the tyrannosaur.

-Pilgrim

"Shadow," said he,
"Where can it be,
This land of Eldorado?"

"Over the mountains
Of the moon,
Down the valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride!"
The shade replied,
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

#6    jesspy

jesspy

Full of Wisdumb

• 8,103 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 02:49 AM

T rex cause i love trex.

and Jurassic park got alot of things wrong

speaking of which JP4 is on the way im sure they might do the whole kong thing and have a spino and Trex battle ill pay to see that

Mind tricks don't work on me, only money.

#7    Ravinar

Ravinar

Psychic Spy

• 1,102 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 03:09 AM

speaking of which JP4 is on the way im sure they might do the whole kong thing and have a spino and Trex battle ill pay to see that

really? JP4 is coming out? do you have a link on some info? all i have herd is a bunch off rumors. i would love to see it. yes.gif

the human race is at an end and and my soul grows weary. the one thing that could revive it is almost gone and is in no condition to heal me. yet i shall not despair for the light of hope shines even in the greatest darkness. i shall continue to hope.... hope for the days of green and ever lasting love of all things. for those whom think them selfs better shall realize they are not all that is. nor are they in any way better for all life is equal.

#8    SG7

SG7

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 06:18 AM

Yes I've been following it sines the last one came out. Heres a link.

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=6038

It said that alot of thing in this one will fix the dinosaurs. Like the V-raptor will be the right size( 2-3 feet tall 6-7 feet long). And it will have fathers. grin2.gif

I think we are forgeting the fack that Spinosaurus cood use it fornt claws. I cood grabed the T-rex or cut it.

Posted Image

#9    Pilgrim_Shadow

Pilgrim_Shadow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

• The color of infinity
    Inside
    An empty glass

Posted 30 April 2006 - 03:42 PM

Yes I've been following it sines the last one came out. Heres a link.

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=6038

It said that alot of thing in this one will fix the dinosaurs. Like the V-raptor will be the right size( 2-3 feet tall 6-7 feet long). And it will have fathers. grin2.gif

I think we are forgeting the fack that Spinosaurus cood use it fornt claws. I cood grabed the T-rex or cut it.

If spinosaurus grabbed tyrannosaurus, it would have to put itself in a position where tyrannosaurus could employ its match-winning bite. Scratching would not inflict much harm unless a lucky blow was scored against the eyes; even then, tyrannosaur's head structure would ensure that the eyes themselves would probably escape serious damage. The best spinosaurus could hope for is to drive the tyrannosaur off. A kill is probably out of the question against a predator as powerful as that.

-Pilgrim

"Shadow," said he,
"Where can it be,
This land of Eldorado?"

"Over the mountains
Of the moon,
Ride, boldly ride!"
The shade replied,

#10    SG7

SG7

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 04:08 PM

All spinosaurus would have to do is push T-rex over. Resuach tells us if it falls on it chast( ribes) its ribes would have borkin and it would have die form damge to to it heart and lougns. geek.gif

Posted Image

#11    Master Sage

Master Sage

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

• DRAGONZ!!!!

Posted 30 April 2006 - 07:48 PM

Spinosaurus would win hands-down. Unfourtunatly, the died out about 90 m.y.a., nearly 20 milion years befor the first Tyranosaurus. Eh, T. Rex will always be my personal favorite.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:52 PM

All spinosaurus would have to do is push T-rex over. Resuach tells us if it falls on it chast( ribes) its ribes would have borkin and it would have die form damge to to it heart and lougns

Same goes for ANY large theropod...The fact is, it would be hard to push 9 tones of Tyrannosaurus down...

T-rex would win by its jaws. Think of Tyrannosaurus like a crocodile...What it grabs hold of you, its not letting go.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#13    Ravinar

Ravinar

Psychic Spy

• 1,102 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:58 PM

All spinosaurus would have to do is push T-rex over. Resuach tells us if it falls on it chast( ribes) its ribes would have borkin and it would have die form damge to to it heart and lougns. geek.gif

that may be true but like we said t-rex was very strong and heavily built guys like that don't go down easy.

#14    dreamhunter

dreamhunter

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

• where there is light there is always a darkness

Posted 30 April 2006 - 09:11 PM

Same goes for ANY large theropod...The fact is, it would be hard to push 9 tones of Tyrannosaurus down...

T-rex would win by its jaws. Think of Tyrannosaurus like a crocodile...What it grabs hold of you, its not letting go.

yeah but spinosauras has the jaws of a crocodile.

Posted Image

#15    Pilgrim_Shadow

Pilgrim_Shadow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

• The color of infinity
    Inside
    An empty glass

Posted 30 April 2006 - 09:36 PM

Such research is very much in dispute. Personally - and I base this on nothing more than my own (admittedly limited) understanding of biology - the idea that a creature could evolve which would die or become critically injured if it tripped seems more than a little far-fetched.

In addition, spinosaurus did not have much of a mass advantage over tyrannosaurus. It was far larger in tems of height and length, but much more slightly built. Rushing the creature would ensure a protracted grapple, which again puts tyrannosaurus in a position to employ its bite. This is not a strategy I would employ if I were a spinosaurus. In fact, it's exactly what I would do if I were the tyrannosaur, because in close combat, the advantage is mine.

The only hope for the leaner spinosaurus, in my opinion, is a series of darting hit-and-run attacks. It has far greater reach and can afford to nip and snap at the exposed bits. An enraged tyrannosaur could attempt a charge, at which point a quick-witted spinosaurus could swing in and grab hold of the neck. Once it is behind tyrannosaurus, those powerful jaws are rendered useless.

The problem, of course, is that this involves baiting the tyrannosaur into a charge and darting past. This largely depends on the spinosaurus being more clever and probably faster, as well. It must avoid the tyrannosaur's charge. Tyrannosaurus is smaller and stockier, and in this case, that could be an advantage. It can pivot more readily and turn to intercept, which would leave spinosaurus's flank undefended.

Of course, I'm just toying with the concept. In actuality neither predator would be intelligent enough to develop anything resembling a coherent strategy (they were very bright for dinosaurs, but still rather dim compared to modern animals). Furthermore, neither would be interested in a fight to the death, so most likely the match would end with one or the other being driven off.

-Pilgrim

"Shadow," said he,
"Where can it be,
This land of Eldorado?"

"Over the mountains
Of the moon,
Ride, boldly ride!"
The shade replied,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users