Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Would Spinosaurus win a fight with T-Rex?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#16    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 30 April 2006 - 10:47 PM

the idea that a creature could evolve which would die or become critically injured if it tripped seems more than a little far-fetched.

yes.gif

In actuality neither predator would be intelligent enough to develop anything resembling a coherent strategy

yes.gif

In a conflict between a Spinosaurus and a Charcharodontosaurus, it would be more likely that a dinosaur would be scared off...Not attacked.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#17    Banw

Banw

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 10:47 PM

Would Spinosaurus win a fight with T-Rex? I think yes.

1. It can uses its fornt claws.

2. Its a littil biger.

3. Just look at it!

I might be wrong but the Spinosaurus is in fact smaller than a t-rex but made bigger for the movies. Same with the velociraptor, it is only 1 meter tall not the large man sized thing in JP 1, 2 and 3.

I could be wrong but I read it out of this magazine I use to buy years and years ago called "Dinosaurs!"

#18    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 10:48 PM

I might be wrong but the Spinosaurus is in fact smaller than a t-rex but made bigger for the movies

Actually. Spinosaurus is larger than T-rex...We cannot say for sure, but it was probably longer by 5-10 feet.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#19    Pilgrim_Shadow

Pilgrim_Shadow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

• The color of infinity
    Inside
    An empty glass

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:57 AM

I might be wrong but the Spinosaurus is in fact smaller than a t-rex but made bigger for the movies. Same with the velociraptor, it is only 1 meter tall not the large man sized thing in JP 1, 2 and 3.

I could be wrong but I read it out of this magazine I use to buy years and years ago called "Dinosaurs!"

Tyrannosaurus is generally estimated to have been in the area of 40 feet long, give or take. Spinosaurus estimates vary wildly, due to the fragmentary nature of the specimens (many of which were destroyed in World War II and thus are not availible for comparison), but it is widely believed to have been roughly 50 feet long on average and may have been upwards of 60 feet.

There was a debate regarding the size of spinosaurus and its possible claim to the title of largest theropod dinosaur in the past few months, which you can read here.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=65295

As for the Jurassic Park films, they are indeed inaccurate, but I have discussed this at length in various other threads, so I will humbly leave the matter at that. original.gif

-Pilgrim

"Shadow," said he,
"Where can it be,
This land of Eldorado?"

"Over the mountains
Of the moon,
Down the valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride!"
The shade replied,
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

#20    SG7

SG7

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• To days Sci-Fi is tomorrows science fact.

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:52 AM

that may be true but like we said t-rex was very strong and heavily built guys like that don't go down easy.

You all seme to be forgeting that spino was just as poweful. And if it was nock over it cood stop it self with its longer then T-rex's arms. And it cood pick it self up faster.

Human kind can not gain any thing with out first giving some thing in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. -Edward Elric the Fullmetal Alchemist

Posted Image

#21    SG7

SG7

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:01 AM

I just thart of some thing, Spinosaurus ate fish wich mines it "mite of" Been able to swim. what if it attack the T-rex as it was geting a drink of water. Like a croc.

Human kind can not gain any thing with out first giving some thing in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. -Edward Elric the Fullmetal Alchemist

Posted Image

#22    SG7

SG7

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:12 AM

First off that Velociraptor was more likly a Deinonychus. They most likly chaned the names arond. A Velociraptor is ONLY found in asian. Not in the US.

And I look up the two dinosaurs (T-rex and Spinosaurus). I fund it on the www.jpinstitute.com. It tells the truth about the dinos. Not what was in the movies. I look it all up in books so thats how I know thae tell the truth.

Tyrannosaurus rex

Pronounced:tie - Ran - o - Saw - rus
Diet:Carnivore (Meat-Eater)
Name Means:"tyrant lizard"
Length:40 feet (13 m)
Height:16 feet (5 m)
Weight:6 tons (6,000 kilos)
Time:Late Cretaceous - 67 MYA

Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus aegyptiacus

Pronounced:Spy - no - Saw - rus
Diet:Carnivore (Meat-Eater)
Name Means:"spine lizard"
Length:45 feet (15 m)
Height:16 feet (5 m)
Weight:6 tons (6,000 kilos)
Time:Middle Cretaceous - 100 MYA

Posted Image

#23    Pilgrim_Shadow

Pilgrim_Shadow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

• The color of infinity
    Inside
    An empty glass

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:44 AM

First off that Velociraptor was more likly a Deinonychus. They most likly chaned the names arond. A Velociraptor is ONLY found in asian. Not in the US.

While the size and body shape are closer to deinonychus, they were indeed intended to be velociraptors. This is taken from the novel, which featured (correctly sized) velociraptors.

As to the question of spinosaurus's arms, I don't think they really enter into the picture much. Though they were longer than tyrannosaurus's they were not long enough to make much of a difference. Spinosaurus still couldn't scratch its chin.

As to the question of a battle at the water's edge...an interesting proposition, and more to spinosaurus's advantage. However, the problem is that crocodiles, even very large crocodiles, are only a couple of feet high. Spinosaurus was, as you pointed out, over 15 feet tall, with a prominent sail. It simply could not hide in shallow or even moderately shallow water. Thus, it could not snatch its opponent by surprise - it would still have to grapple, which again is not to its advantage.

-Pilgrim

"Shadow," said he,
"Where can it be,
This land of Eldorado?"

"Over the mountains
Of the moon,
Ride, boldly ride!"
The shade replied,

#24    SG7

SG7

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:50 AM

Spinosaurus was, as you pointed out, over 15 feet tall, with a prominent sail. It simply could not hide in shallow or even moderately shallow water. Thus, it could not snatch its opponent by surprise - it would still have to grapple, which again is not to its advantage.

-Pilgrim

Well know one ever sead T-rex had brains.

Posted Image

#25    Pilgrim_Shadow

Pilgrim_Shadow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

• The color of infinity
    Inside
    An empty glass

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:37 PM

Okay, I had a good belly laugh over that one.  thumbsup.gif

-Pilgrim

"Shadow," said he,
"Where can it be,
This land of Eldorado?"

"Over the mountains
Of the moon,
Ride, boldly ride!"
The shade replied,

#26    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,745 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:11 PM

I can imagine the Spino flailing away at the T-Rex like a girl... and the T-Rex EATING the arms, then the Spino....  dontgetit.gif

#27    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:59 PM

I hope you were sarcastic...

Spino has no adaptations for swimming whatsoever, and could not ambush prey from water just a couple feet deep.

You all seme to be forgeting that spino was just as poweful. And if it was nock over it cood stop it self with its longer then T-rex's arms. And it cood pick it self up faster

2 spino arms can stop 6 tons from falling? I don't think so....

both dinosaurs would just get right back up if they fell....

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#28    Jack_of_Blades

Jack_of_Blades

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

• "There's no earthly way of knowing. Which direction they are going! There's no knowing where they're rowing, Or which way they river's flowing!."

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:06 PM

T Rex had (though short) some of the (pound for pound)
stougest arms out of any of the dinosaurs.
Tyranosaurus would beat him hands down

#29    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:39 PM

T Rex had (though short) some of the (pound for pound)
stougest arms out of any of the dinosaurs.

All they were used for was balance and possibly to help get up...

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#30    ivytheplant

ivytheplant

Knows what you're up to

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

• Nothing is impossible, only improbable.

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:13 AM

While the size and body shape are closer to deinonychus, they were indeed intended to be velociraptors. This is taken from the novel, which featured (correctly sized) velociraptors.

Ah, but there is a Utahraptor, which is about the same size as in the movie. They were large, mean little buggers. And, as I was told by my paleo prof a few years ago, Spielberg had artificially increased the size of the raptors in the movie to make them more menacing. The scientific community snickered at how ridiculously sized they were. A year or so later, they discovered a type of velociraptor that was the same size.

Spinosaurus vs T-rex? I dunno. Spinosaurus has the arms and size advantage, but his jaws were much weaker since he was a fish-eater (as someone pointed out) and have you ever seen a Spinosaurus aegypticus tooth? It's small and weak. Not quite as fearsome as JP3. T-rex has teeth built for crushing bone, while Spinosaurus has teeth built for catching fish, with delicate bones. It would be hard to tell which would be the victor. In water, I'd say Spinosaurus, since he has an advantage there.

Now if one of them had lasers, then it wouldn't be contest. But I think lasers on dinosaurs would be cool.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users