Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Would Spinosaurus win a fight with T-Rex?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#31    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:17 AM

a Spinosaurus aegypticus tooth

Small and conical for holding slippery fish yes.gif

But I think lasers on dinosaurs would be cool.

and dangerous tongue.gif

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#32    Jack_of_Blades

Jack_of_Blades

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

• "There's no earthly way of knowing. Which direction they are going! There's no knowing where they're rowing, Or which way they river's flowing!."

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:32 AM

Frogfish i never said he used them for fighting all i said
was ol' T-Rex had some musscular arms. i mean heck
could u imagin trying to stand up without using your arms
if u weighed 5-7 tons

#33    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:34 AM

Frogfish i never said he used them for fighting all i said
was ol' T-Rex had some musscular arms. i mean heck
could u imagin trying to stand up without using your arms
if u weighed 5-7 tons

I was just backing you up...

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#34    Jack_of_Blades

Jack_of_Blades

Psychic Spy

• 1,984 posts

• "There's no earthly way of knowing. Which direction they are going! There's no knowing where they're rowing, Or which way they river's flowing!."

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:43 AM

ok frog fish just making sure no ones making
funny me inteelicktulaness lol
but seriously trex would win

#35    Pilgrim_Shadow

Pilgrim_Shadow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

• The color of infinity
    Inside
    An empty glass

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:08 AM

Ah, but there is a Utahraptor, which is about the same size as in the movie. They were large, mean little buggers. And, as I was told by my paleo prof a few years ago, Spielberg had artificially increased the size of the raptors in the movie to make them more menacing. The scientific community snickered at how ridiculously sized they were. A year or so later, they discovered a type of velociraptor that was the same size.

Utharaptor is not a type of velociraptor. Both are dromaeosaurs ("raptors"), but they are different species. The fundamentals of the story are true - the largest known dromaeosaur prior to Utahraptor was Deinonychus, at roughly 5 feet tall - but velociraptor most definately could not attain anything near the size shown in the film. At least, no known species of velociraptor could. Utahraptor was roughly the correct size but, as I mentioned, was an entirely different species.

Now if one of them had lasers, then it wouldn't be contest. But I think lasers on dinosaurs would be cool.

I don't think our government is spending anywhere near enough money towards equipping dinosaurs with laser beams. We cannot afford a dinosaur laser gap!

-Pilgrim

"Shadow," said he,
"Where can it be,
This land of Eldorado?"

"Over the mountains
Of the moon,
Down the valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride!"
The shade replied,
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

#36    Jack_of_Blades

Jack_of_Blades

Psychic Spy

• 1,984 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:12 AM

Could u imagin that
instead of riding a horse to battle u could ride a
utahraptor equipt to the teeth with lasers and
missle launchers

#37    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,744 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 02 May 2006 - 02:40 AM

Could u imagin that
instead of riding a horse to battle u could ride a
utahraptor equipt to the teeth with lasers and
missle launchers

yea, if you could keep from getting eaten!  ohmy.gif

Edited by Pax Unum, 02 May 2006 - 02:43 AM.

#38    Jack_of_Blades

Jack_of_Blades

Psychic Spy

• 1,984 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 02:42 AM

put a muzzle on the little puppy laugh.gif

#39    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,744 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 02 May 2006 - 02:44 AM

put a muzzle on the little puppy laugh.gif

I don't want the job of putting the muzzle on...  no.gif

#40    Jack_of_Blades

Jack_of_Blades

Psychic Spy

• 1,984 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 02:47 AM

yes.gif  umm get stupid people
to do it laugh.gif

#41    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,744 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 02:50 AM

yes.gif  umm get stupid people
to do it laugh.gif

LOL... you might have a plan  thumbsup.gif

#42    Ravinar

Ravinar

Psychic Spy

• 1,102 posts
  • Location:some where between the majesty of creation and the void of oblivion

• A truly powerful being needs not destroy.

Posted 02 May 2006 - 04:00 AM

rofl.gif LMAO  rofl.gif  you guys crack me up grin2.gif

the human race is at an end and and my soul grows weary. the one thing that could revive it is almost gone and is in no condition to heal me. yet i shall not despair for the light of hope shines even in the greatest darkness. i shall continue to hope.... hope for the days of green and ever lasting love of all things. for those whom think them selfs better shall realize they are not all that is. nor are they in any way better for all life is equal.

#43    robbieb

robbieb

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 03:53 PM

personaly i feel that spinosaurus was more keen to hunt then ttyranosaurs i feel it was more like a hyean strong buiild very powerful jaws but would mostly just chase other animls away from there kills by throwing its bulk around. not that it cant hunt i feel it was perfectly able to like the hyeana but would rather just steal other kills. now i feel that the spinosaurus was more liek a lion who would usualy hunt but would also scare other animls away to scavange off there kills to so basily what im saying is they oth would be able to hunt and scavange but spino sarus would hunt more and tyranosauruswould scavange more. now with that said hyeanas and lions hate eachother. and a lone lion and a lone hyeana a lion would win a fight. now when u put the hyeana with its running buddies which hyeanas uses there numbers of 40+ to swarm then a lion would ususaly loose or even a pride unless the males show up haha then its a whole other story male lions are some times called hyeana kilelrs by locals. i saw one video a male had a hyeanas head in its mouth turned around and drove a paw into another ones head and slamed it into the gorund and killed it that was intense. but any way off topic most of the time when two top preadators come face to face its ususaly a stand off the threat displays until one baks down no point in fighting and loosing cause i thne die of fighting and winning but getting hurt and thne u still die becuase u cant hunt. but if neither back down then its a fight. now down to the fight just because t-rex pound for pound coudl be stronger means nouthing a jaguar is pound for pound stronger thne a tiger but a tiger would iminate it due to its size and its still stronger thne the jaguar. so a hink spinosaurus would use its size to its advantage. it would most likely grab on to a fleshy are liek the neck or thigh due to its better reach and thrash its jaws like a crocodile would. then rip off a large section of flesh mortaly wounding the animal. a t-rex's jaws are shorter so it doesnt have the added reac of its counterpart neither of there arms would make to much of a diffrence the only thing might by spinosaurus arms might be if anythinga distraction for t rex even if they dont hurt no one likes getting poked in the ned i tihnk both howwever would back off after snaping at eachother a few times and realising neither can win without taking mortal wounds anyway. it would be like a lion and tiger fighting a tiger might win but a lion would certnly get in some good shots

#44    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:51 PM

T-rex probably hunted more though...It had an enlarged olfacatory and optic chaisms. Its also had teeth designed for cutting meat, not crushing bone

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#45    robbieb

robbieb

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 12:12 AM

used to detect rotting flesh and spot dead animals across large areas of land/ view any flying reptiles circuling over an area (similar to vultures of today) as for the teeth no one said he ate bones it is possibl that he only ate flesh off the animal. its logical that it may have just trecked all over the place of used its keen eyes to watch the other preadators hunt down the animals and then scare them off and eat the flesh off that animals and move on. although most not all scavangers eat bones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users