Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Do you live in your own reality?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    zerozkyo

zerozkyo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 03:30 AM

Little Story..

-----
There was once a beloved king whose castle was on a high hill, overlooking hise shire. He was so popular that the nearby townspeople sent him gifts daily, and his birthday celebration was enjoyed throughout the kingdom. The people loved him for renowned wisdom and fair judgments.

On day, tragedy struck the town. The water supply was polluted, and everyman, woman, and child went insane. Only the king, who had a private spring, was spared.

Soon after the tragedy, the mad townspeople bagan speaking of how the king was acting "strangely" and how his judgments were poor and his wisom a sham. Many even went so far as to say that the king had gone crazy. His popularity soon vanished. No longer did the people bring him gifts or celebrate his birthday.

The lonely king high on the hill, had no company at all. One day he decided to leave the hill and pay a visit to the town. It was a warm day, and so he drank from the village fountain.

That night there was a great celebration. The people rejoiced, for their beloved king had "Regained his sanity".

-----

Makes ya think... are we all just crazy?

#2    et's daddy

et's daddy

believer of the possible

• 2,611 posts

• the truth isnt out there
    its right here

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:33 AM

Makes ya think... are we all just crazy?

makes me think what this has to do with the natural world

#3    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 01 May 2006 - 02:52 PM

I do live in my own reality....

I actually just bought the t-shirt to announce it...

it says "I live in my own little world... that's okay... they know me here"  tongue.gif

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#4    zerozkyo

zerozkyo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:53 PM

makes me think what this has to do with the natural world

Like if the "natural" world we live in is actually different from our perspective because we percieve it "unnaturally"

#5    L815

L815

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:55 PM

I live in both. Although, i'm going crazy trying to combine the two. People just never understand me sad.gif

Edited by ZV00, 02 May 2006 - 07:55 PM.

Posted Image

#6    Pelican_Eel

Pelican_Eel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 12:13 PM

It is like...democracy... the truth belongs to majority.
Good story.

Who needs drugs when you have everything you need inside you?

#7    justcallmefox

justcallmefox

Poltergeist

• 2,367 posts

• The Truth Is Out There....

Posted 08 May 2006 - 12:29 PM

I often ponder this same thing, zkyo.

Usually I come to the same conclusion as justejust- "truth" belongs to the majority. Sucks, but that's just the way it is. angry.gif

Government is a terrible servant and a dangerous master.
     - Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Mr. Fahrenheit did my avatar
Thank you, sir

#8    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,718 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 08 May 2006 - 12:35 PM

then why does it appear we all share the same reality? just wondering

#9    justcallmefox

justcallmefox

Poltergeist

• 2,367 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:28 PM

Some people's reality is a bit different than others'.
You're right, the whole general reality (sky, moon, stars) is the same, but more specific things (my day to day existance vs. yours) might be a bit different.
Make more sense?

Thank you, sir

#10    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,718 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:33 PM

Some people's reality is a bit different than others'.
You're right, the whole general reality (sky, moon, stars) is the same, but more specific things (my day to day existance vs. yours) might be a bit different.
Make more sense?

no... aren't we sharing reality right now, by responding to each others posts? just wondering

#11    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 31,856 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 08 May 2006 - 02:12 PM

no... aren't we sharing reality right now, by responding to each others posts? just wondering

How do you know that people are responding to each others posts? How can you be certain that the entire Universe, as you perceive it isn't the figment of your deranged imagination?

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#12    callmefriend

callmefriend

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 02:21 PM

How do you know that people are responding to each others posts? How can you be certain that the entire Universe, as you perceive it isn't the figment of your deranged imagination?

hi i'm new - and your post interests me very much - i'd like to expand on this idea -- it has to do with a project i'm working on - like in a Beautiful Mind, the main character had an entire world he'd created with jobs, and responsibilities, other people - but is it possible do you think, to not go to that extent? to exist in this general universe where we all see things the same way, but then to have a parallel world going at the same time, in which you don't know where the general ends and the parallel begins, or do you have to be clinicall insane to entertain this? is it possible for a sane person to operate in two distinct worlds but not see the distinction themselves? and if so, could a distinction be drawn for the person by some external thing? if so, any ideas what could help the person realize their are two different parallels at work within their own understanding? sorry so long, but this fascinates me

#13    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,718 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 02:35 PM

because you just did...  grin2.gif

#14    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 31,856 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 08 May 2006 - 03:00 PM

But if I was a figment of your deranged imagination that is exactly what you would imagine I would do.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#15    justcallmefox

justcallmefox

Poltergeist

• 2,367 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:34 PM

Not necessarily....
I like the direction this is taking.
Pray continue... hmm.gif

Thank you, sir

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users