Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Debate tournament

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#106    nick_fury

nick_fury

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

• Nick Fury!: Smarter than the average bear

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:26 PM

Do green apples taste better than their mutant hybrid brother the great red apple?

#107    AtlantisRises

AtlantisRises

Oderint dum metuant

• 2,380 posts

• My time has not yet come either, Some are born post humously

Ecce homo
    Nietszche

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:57 AM

Howdy People.

Just Wondering if these debates are likely to happen or not?

Just curious. We are all here and all waiting for them to commence.

AR

Posted Image

#108    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,858 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 05 October 2006 - 04:10 PM

Unfortunately it's not looking very likely that any more debates will take place at the moment, we're planning on bringing the seasonal debates board back in the future, however for now I think what's going to happen is that the tournament board will be moved to the archive until the next debates season begins.

We're just discussing this behind the scenes, so a decision should be made within the next few days on whether or not the few remaining tournament matches will go ahead or not.

#109    UniversalMind

UniversalMind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 04:01 PM

The debates should be continual and on-going.  To make it seasonal is to deprive us of our ravenous debating desires, so feed these brooding hounds the blood of debate they so desire and slap down a great side of debate HOG ... let us BEGIN.  

Okay, seriously, I love debates.  I have some free time again.  let's get the debating rolling.  I am a great mass-debator.  I Love that Joke.

#110    Bone_Collector

Bone_Collector

-> SkEpToMaNiAc <-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

• You savvy?

Posted 09 November 2006 - 06:28 AM

In a site like UM where we see people discuss and debate wonderfully in several topical threads of several forums, I wonder why we see so little activity in the debates section? Probably the debate's section is not getting enough exposure and publicity, but in my opinion, most importantly, we need to see more popular and even controversial topics to get more people interested.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep... and miles to go before I sleep ~Robert Frost

#111    greggK

greggK

Poltergeist

• 2,756 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 11:45 AM

Do green apples taste better than their mutant hybrid brother the great red apple?

Yes . . . yes they do.

It is me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users