Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

Photography

• Please log in to reply
649 replies to this topic

#616    Episteme

Episteme

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

• "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:16 AM

I've heard a lot of good about the D90.  Now that I've got all the lenses I'm probably Canon for life...  Makes deciding on the next cam easier, I guess.  laugh.gif

Posted Image
My Website- Avatar created with permission from The Clayman using Dancing Chicken 1.0

#617    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:45 AM

Have you tried the 100-400mm 2.8 L lens for canon? That thing is SWEET for birding!

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#618    Episteme

Episteme

Psychic Spy

• 2,110 posts

• "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:16 PM

I am holding off my spending spree (and browsing spree) until I can get out and take pictures more often.  Don't tempt me!  laugh.gif

Posted Image
My Website- Avatar created with permission from The Clayman using Dancing Chicken 1.0

#619    GreyWeather

GreyWeather

噢,这真是个快乐

• 6,407 posts

• If at first you don't succeed... cheat.

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:31 PM

Episteme on Feb 26 2009, 06:29 AM, said:

Canon EOS 350D here.  Due for an upgrade soon, they're getting so much cheaper now!

Episteme on Feb 27 2009, 04:16 AM, said:

I've heard a lot of good about the D90.  Now that I've got all the lenses I'm probably Canon for life...  Makes deciding on the next cam easier, I guess.  laugh.gif

Go for the Canon EOS 450D. You don't really need the little gimicks on it - live view for instance (ew.) 12MP - more than enough for anything up - and even over - 30x20inch photograph prints. 9 point AF, Digic III processor - rather than the Digic II on your 350D, it's faster, the EOS 400D has the same processor. (Which I have.)
A better build than the 350D, lighter and smaller too. And a decent FPS on it - for an ametuer DSLR. Also has the the nice function of sensor cleaning tongue.gif .

But, if you are gonna upgrade your DSLR, I'd do it sooner rather than later. In the U.K, due to the fall of the pound against the Yen and such, camera prices - inc accessories - are going up. I dunno about other countries though.

frogfish on Feb 24 2009, 07:27 PM, said:

I use a Nikon D90.

D90 is a very nice camera. Where I work, they're perhaps the most sold DSLR - with the D40 in close second. Not a fan of Nikon, but they have the best software in their DSLR compared to same year releases by other camera manufacturers.

Posted Image

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. The smallest act of kindness can be the greatest thing in the world.

#620    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:22 PM

GreyWeather on Feb 27 2009, 09:31 PM, said:

Go for the Canon EOS 450D. You don't really need the little gimicks on it - live view for instance (ew.) 12MP - more than enough for anything up - and even over - 30x20inch photograph prints. 9 point AF, Digic III processor - rather than the Digic II on your 350D, it's faster, the EOS 400D has the same processor. (Which I have.)
A better build than the 350D, lighter and smaller too. And a decent FPS on it - for an ametuer DSLR. Also has the the nice function of sensor cleaning tongue.gif .

But, if you are gonna upgrade your DSLR, I'd do it sooner rather than later. In the U.K, due to the fall of the pound against the Yen and such, camera prices - inc accessories - are going up. I dunno about other countries though.

D90 is a very nice camera. Where I work, they're perhaps the most sold DSLR - with the D40 in close second. Not a fan of Nikon, but they have the best software in their DSLR compared to same year releases by other camera manufacturers.

Yeah, the D90 is very nice...but now I have my eye on the D3. What a sweet camera!

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#621    Episteme

Episteme

Psychic Spy

• 2,110 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:56 AM

GreyWeather on Feb 27 2009, 03:31 PM, said:

See mine has to break first or I'd feel bad about getting a new one... Maybe I'll take it kayaking this summer.  whistling2.gif

I doubt I would use the live view either, neat toy though.  I will most definately keep an eye out on the price, thanks for the tip.  If they went up much I'd consider it justification for splurging.

Posted Image

#622    Claizen

Claizen

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

• "A Freudian Slip is saying one word, but meaning your mother." Lol.

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:49 AM

A few shots of springtime and vacationing with some friends original.gif

linked-image
Little snail on this tree/bush thing in my backyard.

linked-image
Backyard daffodil.

linked-image
My friend sneezing on top of Mt. Diablo, California.

linked-image
Rewarding ourselves with NewYork Pizza after a 6-hour hike!

#623    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:57 AM

GreyWeather on Feb 27 2009, 09:31 PM, said:

I use the D40, mainly for imaging the moon through a telescope, I've started using it for more down-to-earth shots lately - I've been very pleased with it.

#624    =Jak=

=Jak=

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,814 posts

• SIMPLICITY

"Avoid hurtful thoughts and bring helpful attitude"

Self sacrifice attitude, kills ego.

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:08 AM

linked-image

7.1 Mega pix... 10X Zoom.

Manasumoya

#625    Foxie

Foxie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

• That's not an eye, that's a lemon.

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:49 AM

Photography is another hobby of mine. You can find the photos I've taken Here(I have 2 accounts on DA fox-socks and Hikariza).

These 3 here are my top 3 favorites

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

#626    Epithet of Satan

Epithet of Satan

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:39 PM

Just starting to get into photography

linked-image

Posted Image

#627    Episteme

Episteme

Psychic Spy

• 2,110 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:59 PM

I've been digging through my old photos and finding things with a fresh eye.

While I'm thinking of it, a friendly reminder to back up old photos.  You can get a 500 gig backup drive (external) now for insanely cheap.  Mine roots into my photo directory and backs up everything, while I sleep, and it was under $40 (probably cheaper now).  Set up in just a couple of clicks.  It's on a separate power backup to protect from surges.  There are also several online options.  Too many times I've had to comfort people reduced to tears because they didn't keep a reliable backup of photos.  

Anyway, here's some more pics:

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

Flicker policy... here's the source.

Posted Image

#628    zrina11

zrina11

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

• Light travels faster then sound. That's why some people appear brighter before they speak.

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:04 PM

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

Posted Image

#629    zrina11

zrina11

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

• Light travels faster then sound. That's why some people appear brighter before they speak.

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:18 PM

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

Posted Image

#630    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,579 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:14 PM

Zrina, the sky on that last photo is phenomenal...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users