Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

'Scream' Mask Shooting Suspect Arrested

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    plasmafiend024

plasmafiend024

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 06:36 AM

A 19-year-old was charged with first-degree murder Wednesday after a woman in Deland, Fla., was found dead in her yard and a man wearing a "Scream" mask was seen fleeing from the scene, Local6.com has learned.

Neighbors said they spotted a masked man chasing Jennifer Lynn Benedict, 33, from her home on Nectarine Road in the Daytona Park Estates community Tuesday night.

Witnesses said gunshots and screams for help were heard before the woman came stumbling out of her garage and collapsed in her yard.

Witnesses said they then saw a man in a mask similar to the one featured in the movie "Scream" fleeing from the victim's home and running down the street, a police report said.

Detectives spent the night looking for clues, combing for evidence of a possible motive and a possible suspect in the case, Local 6 reporter Jessica Sanchez said.

"It has horrified neighbors on the usually quiet street of Nectarine Road, who say they saw a man shooting at the woman," Sanchez said.

"There was a lot of blood," neighbor Karl Smith said. "I didn't move her because I didn't want to tamper with the crime scene. So, I checked her vitals and she was already gone."

The car used in the getaway was located a few blocks away from the woman's yard and the driver was taken into custody.

After questioning, authorities charged Andrew Scott Brewer with first-degree murder and armed burglary.

Investigators said that the bottom of Brewer's shoes have a distinctive pattern that appears to match a shoe print found at the crime scene.

Deputies also searched Brewer's grandparents' home and recovered a drum magazine for an AK-47 assault rifle, .22-caliber ammunition and literature about serial killing inside the home, according to the police report.

The report also said Brewer’s grandfather told deputies he had a .22-caliber gun in the house, but when he went to look for it he discovered it was missing.
Source

Edited by plasmafiend024, 04 May 2006 - 06:37 AM.

"I'm here to chew bubblegum and kick ***! And I'm all outta bubblegum..."

#2    plasmafiend024

plasmafiend024

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 06:38 AM

damn thats  bizarre and tragic at the same time

"I'm here to chew bubblegum and kick ***! And I'm all outta bubblegum..."

#3    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

• ~*★*~Engine of destruction~*★*~

Posted 04 May 2006 - 03:02 PM

I wonder if the only motive was burglary since they found the serial killer literature?

#4    crouton

crouton

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

• 'This one goes to eleven....'

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:06 PM

I wonder if the only motive was burglary since they found the serial killer literature?

And why would a burglar chase someone down and shoot them in their driveway?  Especially with plenty of other witnesses?  Sounds fishy to me.  There must be more to this story.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:18 PM

And why would a burglar chase someone down and shoot them in their driveway?  Especially with plenty of other witnesses?  Sounds fishy to me.  There must be more to this story.

Yeah, I agree.  I  bet we'll hear more about this soon and they'll find out that it was more than just burlary.  

No spirits are telling me that.  I think it all by myself.   wink2.gif

#6    Tycoon

Tycoon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 06:16 AM

weird

#7    Jeenuh

Jeenuh

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

• Who put such a high price on being typical?

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:37 PM

weird story, and

"There was a lot of blood," neighbor Karl Smith said. "I didn't move her because I didn't want to tamper with the crime scene. So, I checked her vitals and she was already gone."
Source

*clap clap* law& order and CSI are good for something, about time people realize not to mess with evidence.

personally i'd be scarred for life if i saw someone in a scream mask shoot someone.

blackbird singing in the dead of night.
take these broken wings and learn to fly.

#8    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:11 PM

personally i'd be scarred for life if i saw someone in a scream mask shoot someone.

I'd be scarred for life if I saw someone in a scream mask anytime not near Halloween.

#9    ladygrim

ladygrim

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 155 posts

• one day ill make it ;)

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:12 PM

woah thatsa little messed up

One day ill make it to the place dreams can only take me for now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users