Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ahmadinejad sends letter to Bush

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
114 replies to this topic

#16    Watzel

Watzel

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:45 PM

Oh man, I got a good laugh out of that reply. Thanks Kratos! thumbsup.gif

#17    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:52 PM

I dislike bush, and anyone who has been here for a while knows that, but I still find it hillarious that everyone condemns bush for his tactics(fair enough), but everyone seems to conveniently forget the horrible things that the iranian leadership does. Maybe once Israel is wiped off of the map and iran has nukes landing in the Tel Aviv folks will understand the situation.

I agree that this situation should be dealt with in discussion and not war, but looking at how insane the leadership of iran is, I doubt that will happen. With the constant changes in what is coming from the leadership on a daily basis they are making themselves appear less stable as the days go by.

I wish that there was open communication between the two countries; bush is an idiot and should stay out of it, but there are plenty of people that have an undertsanding of the iranian leadership and culture that could work towards a peaceful resolution with a series of open talks. Not having communication is a mistake on many levels.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#18    RedEyeJedi

RedEyeJedi

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

• My Father was raised a Christian, my Mother was raised a Muslim - I was raised a Free Thinker and they're both wrong!

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:22 PM

Oh yeah, he's looking for peace alright. rolleyes.gif
OMG! What are you guys talking about?? What, as Soul Matrix, said shows any sign of anything but regret for the current world situation?

You guys just like the US administration are hell bent on a course. That 'devil in a blue dress' saying that the letter doesn't change anything and therefore implying their military course has not been deterred.

Watzel what have you seen to make you think Ahmadinejad is crazy?!! I personally haven't seen anything. If you are referring to 'Israel wiped off the map'. We all know that was spun as propaganda. He disagrees with the state of Israel being built on land stolen from Palestinians.

The US want war with Iran and as I said in 2002 they will have it. Unless by some miracle the people stop the most dangerous regime on Earth. BushCo.

Edited by RedEyeJedi, 09 May 2006 - 04:23 PM.

When you have cut down the last tree and poisoned the last river, you will know that you cannot eat money

God save us from religion!!

It's time to open your eyes and get off your knees

#19    Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Psychic Spy

• 1,173 posts

• "I'm afraid the making of World War III is actually taking place in front of our eyes."

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:45 PM

user posted image

Details of the letter sent by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to the U.S. President George W. Bush have emerged, BBC reported.

In the 18-page letter, written in English and sent Monday through the Swiss Embassy in Tehran, Ahmadinejad strongly criticized the United States over Iraq War.

"On the pretext of the existence of WMDs [weapons of mass destruction], this great tragedy [the U.S. invasion of Iraq] came to engulf both the peoples of the occupied and the occupying country,” Reuters news agency quoted the letter as saying.

"Lies were told in the Iraqi matter… What was the result? I have no doubt that telling lies is reprehensible in any culture, and you do not like to be lied to," Ahmadinejad said.

The Iranian President also questioned the creation of Israel, asking "how can this phenomenon be rationalized or explained?”.

In an apparent reference to Tehran’s nuclear program, Ahmadinejad asked: "Why is it that any technological and scientific achievement reached in the Middle East region is translated into and portrayed as a 'threat to the Zionist [Israel] regime'? Is not scientific R&D [research and development] one of the basic rights of nations?"

In another part of the letter, the Iranian President also accused Washington of hiding elements of the truth about the September 11, 2001 attacks.

"Why have the various aspects of the attacks been kept secret? Why are we not told who botched their responsibilities?" he asks.

Ahmadinejad ended the letter by urging Bush to return to religious principles.

"We increasingly see that people around the world are flocking towards a main focal point - that is the Almighty God.

"My question for you is, 'Do you not want to join them?'"

Although Iranian officials hailed the letter, the first from an Iranian President to a U.S. leader since the Iran’s 1979 revolution, as a major diplomatic initiative, senior U.S. officials dismissed it as proposing nothing new.

"This letter is not the place that one would find an opening to engage on the nuclear issue or anything of the sort," the U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said.

"It isn't addressing the issues that we're dealing with in a concrete way,” she added.

The letter was sent as foreign ministers of world powers met in New York for talks on the Iranian nuclear dispute.

But after the three-hour meeting, the ministers failed to reach an agreement on a unified position on how to tackle the Iranian nuclear program.

A senior U.S. official told Reuters that Ahmadinejad’s letter didn’t prompt calls from the other powers for Washington to change its tough policy or to hold direct talks with Iran.

Asked about the letter, Ahmadinejad said on Tuesday: "We will wait to see the reaction of the recipient and we will act based on the reaction."

S

Well, lets see the reaction.

LETTER

Edited by Sanjuro, 09 May 2006 - 05:46 PM.

Posted Image

#20    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:48 PM

huh.gif

You have a topic here: Link

Not to mention I posted the story about the letter in there earlier.  rolleyes.gif

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

#21    RedEyeJedi

RedEyeJedi

Psychic Spy

• 1,227 posts

• My Father was raised a Christian, my Mother was raised a Muslim - I was raised a Free Thinker and they're both wrong!

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:56 PM

huh.gif

You have a topic here: Link

Not to mention I posted the story about the letter in there earlier.  rolleyes.gif
Stop complaining and read it. This is the actual letter and i guess the truth hurts, eh?

I'll still haven't read it yet, but I'm feeling positive vibes from reading the beginning.

grin2.gif

Sending it to the French - awesome!

By the way for those that don't know PBUH, means 'Peace Be Upon Him'

Edited by RedEyeJedi, 09 May 2006 - 06:00 PM.

When you have cut down the last tree and poisoned the last river, you will know that you cannot eat money

#22    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:59 PM

Stop complaining and read it. This is the actual letter and i guess the truth hurts, eh?

I'll still haven't read it yet, but I'm feeling positive vibes from reading the beginning.

grin2.gif

Sending it to the French - awesome!

Complaining? double threads are annoying as hell.

Truth? He's just going on with his anti-american remarks, big deal. America is so backwards to Iran...oh.. yeah...because we don't have Islamic law and we let our woman have freedoms.  ohmy.gif Oh the bloody horrors!  crying.gif

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

#23    RedEyeJedi

RedEyeJedi

Psychic Spy

• 1,227 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 06:09 PM

Complaining? double threads are annoying as hell.

Truth? He's just going on with his anti-american remarks, big deal. America is so backwards to Iran...oh.. yeah...because we don't have Islamic law and we let our woman have freedoms.  ohmy.gif Oh the bloody horrors!  crying.gif
Have you read it? The truth is with the spin the Western media put on anything coming out of the Muslim world, there is nothing Ahmadinijad could do, except write a letter to Bush, have a little delay for their official reaction and send a copy to the French - who don't have the 'bomb 'em' mentality. What do you get? The hypocrisy of the US in plain sight.

Will it help him - I truly hope so.

Nothing Iran wants to do is illegal and it dos not threaten the safety of anyone. When will people wake up?????
user posted image

#24    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 09 May 2006 - 06:12 PM

There is no reason to have multiple threads on the same exact topic...They are now merged.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#25    Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Psychic Spy

• 1,173 posts

• "I'm afraid the making of World War III is actually taking place in front of our eyes."

Posted 09 May 2006 - 06:14 PM

I just red the letter and it was quite good(except Israel part), lets see how Bush will answer it. (non-existing WMD in Iraq for a start).
Too bad Ahmadinejad dont know that Bush is not an christian but a bloody sectarian.

Edited by Sanjuro, 09 May 2006 - 06:25 PM.

Posted Image

#26    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 09 May 2006 - 06:23 PM

It's not that good of a letter.

#27    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 06:29 PM

Have you read it? The truth is with the spin the Western media put on anything coming out of the Muslim world, there is nothing Ahmadinijad could do, except write a letter to Bush, have a little delay for their official reaction and send a copy to the French - who don't have the 'bomb 'em' mentality. What do you get? The hypocrisy of the US in plain sight.

Will it help him - I truly hope so.

Nothing Iran wants to do is illegal and it dos not threaten the safety of anyone. When will people wake up?????

Yeah, truth.  rolleyes.gif So much truth Iran's president had to restort to conspriacy comments.

The french said a couple months ago they could nuke anybody that would help terrorists attack them. So...they have it in them surprisingly enough.

Oh, nice picture. I guess one misspelling paints all of America? rolleyes.gif Yeah, but you're not Anti-america are you?  rolleyes.gif It is indeed you that is the hypocrite in this matter. yes.gif

Iran is calling for destroying entire nations...and at the same time they want nuclear technology. Open your eyes. thumbsup.gif

#28    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 09 May 2006 - 06:37 PM

I wanted to find a text copy of the letter, to paste in here, to make sure everyone reads it if they're too apathetic to click the link.

The letter wasn't very good, but it was very interesting.  I still feel like it's an Arafat tactic.

Can't find a text version yet though.  Almost feel like typing it up myself.  Just might.

Is this here link true!?
http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level_English....287519686&par=0

Tehran, 14 April (AKI) - Iran's hardline president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, has apparently been incensed by an anonymous text message suggesting he does not wash enough. Ahmadinejad has taken legal action over the offending text, has fired the president of a phone company and has had four people arrested and accused of colluding with the Israeli foreign intelligence service, Mossad, the anti-government website Rooz Online reports.

Poking fun at the president, the regime's senior figures and its policies, has reportedly become a national pastime in Iran. The Iranian authorities are paying particular attention to jokes comparing Iran's nuclear programme with sex. Several people are widely believed to have received court summonses for sending nuclear-related jokes, according to Rooz Online.

"While the outcome of the recent arrests in connection with SMS messaging is not clear yet, what is certain is that SMS jokes have already put some people into serious trouble," wrote Rooz Online.

The clampdown is in line with the authorities' uncompromising stance on Internet bloggers. Large numbers of the nation's estimated 70,000 to 100,000 bloggers have faced harassment or imprisonment. The regime has acknowledged monitoring text message traffic. This apparently began in the run-up to the presidential election last June.

If it's that bad there, can you imagine how bad it must be in the USA with it's repressive impirialist dicktator!?  All bloggers must live in Cuba.

#29    Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Psychic Spy

• 1,173 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 06:40 PM

Can't find a text version yet though.  Almost feel like typing it up myself.  Just might.

Why text version if there is pfd file.
letter

Posted Image

#30    Watzel

Watzel

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 06:50 PM

Funny, but I think I am beginning to understand the mind of the M.E. person.

They can say they want to kill you, destroy your country(in the name of God no less) and then ask you why are you not trying to negotiate with them peacefully.  

They are not Moronic as was eluded the US to being, they are more like delusional and retarded.  Maybe it is because they have kept their society out of the modern world so long that they can't understand how insane they sound.

The Iranian president sounds like some mental case that is trying to convince others that he is the normal one and everyone else is crazy.  blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users