Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

People making fun of Christians?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#16    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 04 October 2003 - 12:33 PM

Druss Posted on Oct 4 2003, 10:42 AM
  This is just my opinion, an oservation, call what you will. But the forum seems to be attractting some weirder people than usual at the moment.

Never a truer word said.
I'm finding it quite sad that a place where I loved to visit is now a place where I have trouble finding any relevent or intresting posts.

#17    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 04 October 2003 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (Halo_Jones @ Oct 4 2003, 08:33 AM)
Druss Posted on Oct 4 2003, 10:42 AM
  This is just my opinion, an oservation, call what you will. But the forum seems to be attractting some weirder people than usual at the moment.

Never a truer word said.
I'm finding it quite sad that a place where I loved to visit is now a place where I have trouble finding any relevent or intresting posts.

I must agree.  It's as if some sort of cloud has descended over the
           forum,  leaving a lot of negativity.   sad.gif

#18    Benjo Koolzooie

Benjo Koolzooie

Psychic Spy

• 1,619 posts

• Pink is like red but not quite...

Posted 04 October 2003 - 12:49 PM

Halo and KC, don't dare think of leaving!

Cherokee Warrior you've lost your battle that's for sure, but what you left behind is still shining.

#19    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 04 October 2003 - 01:04 PM

Please don't leave, sane people, it gets lonely with the nutties. crying.gif  

Nothing to see here.

#20    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 01:21 PM

yeah, don't leave the forum  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  crying.gif  crying.gif  

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
— David Gemmell

#21    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 04 October 2003 - 02:01 PM

Awww you guy's wub.gif  I'm not thinking of leaving it's just I'm finding it hard to post these days as I have to traul through loads of rubbish, nonsence and general chit chat before I get to anything of intrest.
I'm hoping it's just another phase the site is going through and it will pick up once the few who seem to spill out this drivell get bored and leave.  

#22    Isanguard

Isanguard

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 137 posts

• Yesterday is history,Tommorow is mystery,Today is gift

Posted 04 October 2003 - 03:56 PM

Hmmmm.....To me the forum just geting better and better.....And u guys are the best weird people i ever see(i mean from ur post)...

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif notworthy.gif   U guys are the best forum member's notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

"Life is infinitely strange than anything which the mind of man could ivent."          

~ Sherlock Holmes ~

#23    Agent_21

Agent_21

Psychic Spy

• 1,574 posts

• Baby says: Vote for Biccy Boy!!! UM2004
    BABY LIKES MILK AND COOKIES!
    Yo J! ;)

Posted 04 October 2003 - 03:57 PM

I tend to agree with Halo. I might take a break myself as I seem to have started writing a lot of drivel lately, and that's not like me. I'm a very serious person usually.

#24    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 04:12 PM

Funny thing? I've been thinking the very same thoughts. It's as if a wacko magnet has somehow been attached to this magical place.

That's one reason I began the "profile" thread. To me, it is so much easier to try to understand the age range/location of those who take the time to post their opinions, ideas. If that information isn't available, I am more likely to back off of a topic. If I realize that the individual is young, perhaps curious and yes, sometimes angry..... I tread more gently.

Been wondering if perhaps I shouldn't have returned to UM and have been as "opinionated" as I have been.  If you guys like? Blame the weirdness on ole N.

dying is easy ... tis the living that's hard...

#25    Phantom

Phantom

Psychic Spy

• 1,879 posts

• Bad Ass Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 04 October 2003 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (Halo_Jones @ Oct 4 2003, 04:01 PM)
Awww you guy's wub.gif  I'm not thinking of leaving it's just I'm finding it hard to post these days as I have to traul through loads of rubbish, nonsence and general chit chat before I get to anything of intrest.
I'm hoping it's just another phase the site is going through and it will pick up once the few who seem to spill out this drivell get bored and leave.

Halo, I can fully understand your point. However, unfortunately that's the price "we" have to pay for the balance the moderators have to find between being "heavy handed" and "non existant".

I remember a whole thread being started, the essence of which was too many posts having been edited and threads closed to the liking of several forum members (you not included, I must add  original.gif  ).

Sometimes my fingers itch to "moderate".  However, since this is an open discussion board unfortunately wading through posts that are uninteresting for some people are included in the package.

It's hard for a moderator, and I speak only for myself now, to find a balance.
What annoys me may be interesting for somebody else.  It's a fine line...

Let's just hope it gets better. I can guarantee the moderating team will do everything in its power to make it as easy as possible. However, good old input and acid replies to certain posts by members will do the trick as well in a lotof the cases... wink2.gif (One word, Aslan   laugh.gif  )

"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability..." - Agent Smith
"Apfelschnaps, it's more than skindeep" - Kismit
"OK, don't quote me anymore..." - Mentalcase

#26    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 04 October 2003 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (cryptofreak @ Oct 3 2003, 07:37 PM)
erm...  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who's Fatima? What are those freaks all looking at?

thats from kryso   thats #2  more to come!

I have no idea why you have used my name? Or how I’ve supposed to offend your touchy, touchy religious views. But then that’s what they are - your views. People have an amazing gift; it’s called Free Will (it’s in most dictionaries). And everyone has the right to freedom of speech… such as your proving here.
But if your going to make reference to people, and what we have supposedly done, could you be more specific!  huh.gif

#27    Druss

Druss

Psychic Spy

• 1,209 posts

• My tongue is firmly in my cheek

Posted 04 October 2003 - 08:23 PM

A person who shouts has already lost the arguement.

#28    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 04 October 2003 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (cryptofreak @ Oct 4 2003, 02:14 PM)
I HAVE MY OPINIONS  I AM NOT MAKING FUN OF THE PEOPLE  IM JUST SAYING THAT THOSE PARTICULAR THINGS ARE FAKE, AM I SAYING "OH YOU GUYS ARE RETARDS BECAUSE U BELIEVE IN NESSIE" ?????    NO  IM JUST SAYING WHAT I THINK  BUT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST CHRISTIANS ISNT FAIR

You still haven’t answered my question as to why you said, “that one’s from Kryso 2 more to come?”

It seems your one of those ‘people’ who are not happy unless you’re the centre of attention, throwing out random accusations (which you probably have no strong feelings about) but because you like to see the little counter going up, with how many people have looked at your little forum question!

Reading though I can see question which people have asked you, about accusations (such as the one I’ve asked you) and you haven’t answered them. You simply start off shouting about something else.

Everyone has a right to an opinion, that’s what makes having free will so great. But while expressing that opinion there’s no need, or right for you to be throwing around accusations. You say we are “DISCRIMINATION AGAINST CHRISTIANS.” Well congratulations, you’ve succeeded in discriminating against people on this site.

So what does that make you? Any better?

#29    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,295 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 05 October 2003 - 09:15 AM

KC mentioned above that there is somewhat more negativity here these days, and CryptoFreak's accusations of religious discrimination certainly isn't helping.

I'm going to close this down before it gets completely out of hand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users