Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mapusaurus vs Giganotosaurus

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1    king of dino's

king of dino's

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:01 PM

O.k i need to know this Has been on my mind Since i herd it on The News who is bigger and stronger i am a support'a of Giganotosaurus plz post your Thorts on this and for thos who dont know wat Mapusaurus is well its a New meat eater found and some say the new biggest but  Giganotosaurus  holds the biggest Land killer title Post away peeps

#2    Sofia Alexandra

Sofia Alexandra

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

• I don't need to think just to know that I am.

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:52 PM

This should be in the Palaeontology forum. And punctuation is recommended.

Edited by Sofia Alexandra, 09 May 2006 - 05:01 PM.

Posted Image Life's too short to waste time being normal.

"Right Jamie, for this scene your motivation is your jilted lover. He doesn’t care about you anymore, he’s found a younger thing. And you want to wreck his pride and joy with neat, vertical slices." - Adam

#3    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:09 PM

I would put my money on Giginatosaurus as it was a wee bit larger and had 7-inch teeth...

The dinosaurs Saurophaganax and Spinosaurus were larger than both...

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#4    The Doctor

The Doctor

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:14 PM

And punctuation is recommended.

lol grin2.gif
As for the question I am willing to admit semi-ignorance on the subject of dino's so I've no idea which one would win. Maybye Gigantosarus; sounds big tongue.gif

#5    Jack_of_Blades

Jack_of_Blades

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

• "There's no earthly way of knowing. Which direction they are going! There's no knowing where they're rowing, Or which way they river's flowing!."

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:11 PM

O.k i need to know this Has been on my mind Since i herd it on The News who is bigger and stronger i am a support'a of Giganotosaurus plz post your Thorts on this and for thos who dont know wat Mapusaurus is well its a New meat eater found and some say the new biggest but  Giganotosaurus  holds the biggest Land killer title Post away peeps

Gigantosaurus

#6    king of dino's

king of dino's

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:35 AM

Spino Was Not Bigger And you Dont Count the Spine Gigano Is  Still The lagest Killer on Land Sadly Its Brain was that the Size of a Banana and spino was only Thort Big coz of the Dumb JP3 moive  Everyone Knows how un Real they all are

#7    robbieb

robbieb

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:55 AM

actualy a article i read on yahoo news said that they classfied spinosaurus as the largest meat eating dino sukka lol and umm i ithnk it would be a draw both would run from the other no sense fighting. dont wound what u can not kill

#8    robbieb

robbieb

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 03:03 AM

According to a study by dal Sasso et al. (2006), it was the largest of all carnivorous dinosaurs by a significant margin, even larger than Tyrannosaurus rex and Giganotosaurus. Spinosaurus is the longest known theropod, measuring 16 to 18 metres (52 to 60 feet) long and standing at 5 to 6 metres (16 to 20 feet) in height. Spinosaurus reached weights up to 9 tons, though further comparisons with related species suggest that adults could have reached sizes up to 20 tons and 21 m (70 ft) in length

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinosaurus

#9    king of dino's

king of dino's

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 03:04 AM

Gigano (not the monster from Godzilla) was  44-46 ft (13.5-14.3 m) weighed about 8 tons and stood 12 feet tall Spino It was about 40-50 feet long (12-15 m) and weighed 4 tons (Yahoo is Full of Dino poop thats why people Use Google now days)

#10    king of dino's

king of dino's

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 03:09 AM

by the way Can People Leave T-rex alone mean look King kong Fort T-rex and just to make King big and tuff they MAde rex  lose Dont ya all Think rex is Getting Bad Thort about Him. i mean when will people Understand WE KNOW HE ANIT THE BIG KILLER
TRY TO FIGHT GODZILLA HUH KING KONG LIKE TO SEE YOU WIN

#11    robbieb

robbieb

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 03:43 AM

hey godzilla does shoot fire i mean comeone thats hard to top. but any way if u lok at thel ink i gave u its fomr wikipedia and the quoute is off the site. i gave so there :^P lol

#12    king of dino's

king of dino's

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 05:19 AM

Well i just Found a good Fact your ya Spino is the Longest yes But jaw size and power No way near Giganotosaurus  Spino's most close's fight it could win is a Carnotaur or a
Allosaur  by the way biggest Means both Size of the body and length of the beast's
i am doing a Jaw test's to Will post soon
                                                                                                                                 http://gavinrymill.com/dinosaurs/carnivores/

#13    robbieb

robbieb

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 03:33 PM

the rea; problem here is evidenc is often inclunsive we get fragmented skeletos and we never known if the animal was fully grown or anything like that and we may never know the truth of there actualy full size they could reach.

#14    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:38 PM

The little known Saurophaganax, possibly a subspecies of Allosaurus could possibly top 50. With estimates of its bone-fragments, it was estimated at 50 feet.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#15    Samael

Samael

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

• Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. - Dana Scully, The X-Files

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:23 PM

I would put my money on Giginatosaurus as it was a wee bit larger and had 7-inch teeth...

The dinosaurs Saurophaganax and Spinosaurus were larger than both...

Going off topic a WEE bit: Frogfish, do you have Asperger's Syndrome? You know lots about things and have a very logical mind. I have Asperger's Syndrome. Does anyone else have Asperger's Syndrome?

Posted Image

Attempting to sound vaguely intellectual since 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users