Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

T rex might still claim the title back

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
124 replies to this topic

#121    Ght

Ght

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

• Be my slave. Convert to Christianity! :)

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:10 AM

It was Hollywood, not really accurate ya know.

Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley.

#122    DigitalDreamer

DigitalDreamer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:02 AM

i really cant believe you people are having a heated debate about who would win in a 'fight' between your favourite dinosaurs. this has got to be one of the most childish things i have ever seen in my life, and why the references to the great steaming pile that is jurassic park 3? i hate to break it to you guys but the dinosaurs in that film werent real.

Thanks for that info,I had no clue they were fake!They were useing it at an example that spinosaurus was a powerfull beast but its Fossils tell another story,The story of a piscavore who used size to avoid fights.And its beyond that "Favorite Dinosaur? thing,Now its about the truth and correcting false facts.

Posted Image

#123    The Carnivore

The Carnivore

Therapsid

• 2,875 posts

• Once known as Sadistic Jellyfish of Doom.

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:59 AM

A Spinosaurus's head was longer and wider than a T-Rex's. In fact, it could almost fit an entire Tyrannosaurus skull in it. Now I'm getting this thread LOCKED, and maybe even you being banned.
Oh, and I don't really see the point of a Spinosaurus being a fish-eater. It was an active carnivore, like a crocidile.
And the JP3 Spinosaurus was TOO SMALL. Not too big.

Edited by sadistic jellyfish of doom, 13 August 2007 - 04:03 AM.

ಠ_ಠ

#124    DigitalDreamer

DigitalDreamer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:19 AM

the nasals [of T. rex] were fused, all of the bite force was transmitted to the food instead of some of the force being distorting the skull. The T. rex especially had a very strong skull and jaw muscles that would turn it into a zoological superweapon." Snively said.

It was calculated that a medium-sized T. rex had a more powerful bite than larger carnivorous dinosaurs, like Carcharadontosaurus saharicus, with a head about 1.5 times longer than that of T. rex and this results even from conservative estimates.And if the spinos jaw is larger as the carcharas is than it makes no difference because the size dosnt matter even if the rex was medium and it was in fact smaller it still had a stronger bite.

No matter what you say that dosnt make you correct,Bythe way you cant get a personbanned for no reason.

Edited by DigitalDreamer, 13 August 2007 - 04:20 AM.

Posted Image

#125    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:25 AM

It would appear that any serious, productive discussion concerning the topic has reached a conclusion, there's little reason to let it continue considering the barely concealed snarkyness of some of the comments. Some people need to learn to disagree in a much calmer, unaggresive manner in the future. Let's also try to avoid public declarations aimed at specific individuals, that tends to cause even more problems that are better dealt with privately.

MM

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users