Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Show me proof

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#31    Diamond JO

Diamond JO

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 06:40 AM

Source I can see now why you are so sceptical of what I have written, you think I am trying to show proof of these things. NO I dont believe in all this paranormal stuff, however rather than try to simply say it is wrong, I look at why people may come up with these ideas and try to find a logical explenation. If people see ghosts or space ships, than instead of trying to say no they didnt, to look at what it could have been that would create that. This may be optical illusions, or else visualisations similar to hypnosis. This can even manifest itself on film if taken using an slr camera since you are viewing straight through the lens. I rote something to explain the miracles of Jesus here if you care to read it
http://www.ebtx.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.pl...board=philoprin

and did you see the inside of a crab someone is trying to pass of as an alien skull,
http://mysteryskull.tripod.com/
people see what they want to see

#32    The Druid

The Druid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 11:35 PM

"Until things that go bump in the night affect You personally, no amount of jibber jabber will convince you. Once that experience occurs, you will no longer doubt.
Not what you wanted to hear, but tis the honest truth. "

What absolute codswallop, personal experiences cannot be relied on as 'proof'.

Knowing about the suicide and your story about the yellow rose are simply anecdotes and as such must be disregarded as 'proof' as anecdotes are often unreliable and biased.

#33    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 01:58 AM

Life is all around us. There's the corporeal life as we know it, which is driven by instinct to procreate in order to insure the survival of the species. Then there's the unknown forms of life that may exist in parallel dimensions, different vibrational planes, or even an invisible ether which has yet to be explained.

A small percentage of UFOs may actually be interstellar craft with non terrestrial occupants. Some may even be time machines from our own future, or vehicles that are piloted by unknown beings that have always coexisted with us. A few may even be undiscovered "sky beasts."

The seas and oceans remain mostly unexplored. They are so vast and deep that many species of huge and monstrous creatures may swim in the dark depths without our knowledge of them.

There may be hominids that roam the forests and great mountain peaks, blood sucking "mini ghouls" that prey on domestic animals and pets, dinosaurs that have survived extinction, and even gigantic versions of otherwise ordinary animals.

Ghosts could be haunting houses or cemeteries or ships. Poltergeists may be tormenting people with their pranks. Angels and demons might be making unexpected appearances. Fairies and pixies may really exist, hidden away from the prying eyes of humans. Even the internet has become infested with trolls.

We are surrounded by life. So why can we never make a connection? Why are we only allowed fleeting glimpses and blurry photographs to hint these strange creatures and beings exist? There have been many dedicated researchers who spent their entire lives doing field work in hopes of uncovering definitive proof of the existence of aliens and/or cryptids. They continued to search until their dying day, but that proof never surfaced.

Through the advancement of technology we can scan wider areas with greater accuracy and test theories that once could only be imagined. Unfortunately, some of the data being gathered is indicating that a few of these mysteries may simply be myths and legends after all.

Any one of us here may have actually had an encounter with a true unknown. You saw it with your own eyes. You heard the sound it made. You saw it lumber, run, jump, climb, sit, or stand there. You saw it glide, swoop, dive, flap it's wings, or perch on a building. You saw it float in the air, walk through a wall, appear out of nowhere, or vanish in an instant. It was bright and shinny, or dark and frightening. It may have even communicated with you. You felt it's presence. You know it was there. There is no doubt in your mind that you saw what you saw, and heard what you heard.

But where's your proof?

Edited by theSOURCE, 20 October 2003 - 02:00 AM.

#34    fruitcakesanonymous

fruitcakesanonymous

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 03:12 AM

Fruity, This thread is going to be locked now, and you are getting a warning. If you keep behaving in such a negative/childish manner, you will be banned from posting as well. You can bet on that!  

Edited by Magikman, 20 October 2003 - 03:43 AM.

#35    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 20 October 2003 - 03:24 AM

Continuing an arguement after a particular thread has been locked isn't a good idea, Fruity. I advise you step back and calm down a bit, as nothing you post will see the light of day until you do.

Magikman

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#36    fruitcakesanonymous

fruitcakesanonymous

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (Magikman @ Oct 20 2003, 03:24 AM)
Continuing an arguement after a particular thread has been locked isn't a good idea, Fruity. I advise you step back and calm down a bit, as nothing you post will see the light of day until you do.

Magikman

You're correct, I can't be here all the time, but there are other moderators. There is also another function called 'suspended', which you'll find has been implemented. You may not agree with how things are run here, but unless you abide by the guidelines, you'll not be welcomed. I'd say have a nice life, but its painfully obvious that isn't an option open to you, as belligerent and uncooperative as you are.

MM

Edited by Magikman, 20 October 2003 - 03:58 AM.

#37    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 03:53 AM

OK Fruity,

How about showing you have atleast one active brain cell.  You can't possible expect that you can come here, and start throwing insults to everyone, and get any respect.  I am going to call you fruity, because that is how you are acting, just a tad fruity.  Please show some respect, or go away..............

Reese

UA & Barman's Animated Avatar wish list, for the imaginative yet simple minded....  !!!

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

Some of the most beautiful works of art, are often not work at all...

#38    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (The Druid @ Oct 19 2003, 07:35 PM)
"Until things that go bump in the night affect You personally, no amount of jibber jabber will convince you. Once that experience occurs, you will no longer doubt.
Not what you wanted to hear, but tis the honest truth. "

What absolute codswallop, personal experiences cannot be relied on as 'proof'.

Knowing about the suicide and your story about the yellow rose are simply anecdotes and as such must be disregarded as 'proof' as anecdotes are often unreliable and biased.

disgust.gif  disgust.gif If I were NOT a lady, I would consider a response...... although, in reality....... your comments (Lady OR not) do NOT deserve a reply.

Insults make you appear "small" .........  Rude doesn't begin to describe you.

Insults, especially concerning personal experiences, are extremely distasteful.

dying is easy ... tis the living that's hard...

#39    The Druid

The Druid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 11:34 PM

Nancy,

"If I were NOT a lady, I would consider a response...... although, in reality....... your comments (Lady OR not) do NOT deserve a reply.

Insults make you appear "small" ......... Rude doesn't begin to describe you.

Insults, especially concerning personal experiences, are extremely distasteful."

First of all I said it was codswallop, that is my opinion and as this is a discussion board for the publication of opinions regarding the topics being discussed I have excercised the right to voice mine.

Druid.

Druid.. If u are going to quote someone use the quote boxes. Any more inflammatory remarks like the ones I just deleted and you'll have a warning, no need for it.

Edited by Celticwitch, 23 October 2003 - 06:56 AM.

#40    babyforrest

babyforrest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

• We're on a mission from God.

Posted 23 October 2003 - 12:55 AM

Personal experiences are proof only for the one that experience it.  If you don't actually experience the event then, for you, there is no proof.  If I said that  I saw a ghost in my house and bizarre things happen to me that I believe are a direct result of the ghost, then I will believe in ghosts.  If you don't experience a haunting then you will most likely not believe they exist.  The only proof that you will find is personal experience.

Let's rock this joint!

#41    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (babyforrest @ Oct 22 2003, 08:55 PM)
Personal experiences are proof only for the one that experience it.  

The only proof that you will find is personal experience.

Exactly what I said, on Page 1 of this thread.
Finally? Someone who agrees? Amazing!  wink2.gif  

#42    bigsteff

bigsteff

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 08:36 AM

what i would like to know is why skeptic's are not skeptical...most already believe that there are no such things as ufos/aliens/bigfoot/sea serpents/ghosts and all the other things that fall into the paranormal,,,i

[QUOTE]http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=70265

Definition
sceptic, US skeptic   [Show phonetics]
noun [C]
a person who doubts the truth or value of an idea or belief:
People say it can cure colds, but I'm a bit of a sceptic.
to convince the sceptics

note the word DOUBTS..

Definition
doubt   [Show phonetics]
noun [C or U]
(a feeling of) uncertainty about something, especially about how good or true it is:

note the word UNCERTAINTY

I COULD GO ON BUT I THINK YOU GET THE PICTURE

being a skeptic means you should be open to the fact that someone else could be right.... alien.gif

i mean i'm skeptical about GOD ,i mean i've never seen god,never seen any evidence that god is real ,just because millions believe in god does that mean god is real,,WHO KNOWS, but as i said i'm skeptical so maybe god is real

for this award i'd like to thank my manager  crying.gif  crying.gif  crying.gif  oh right , i forgot this is not the oscars laugh.gif

#43    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (The Druid @ Oct 22 2003, 07:34 PM)
First of all I said it was codswallop, that is my opinion and as this is a discussion board for the publication of opinions regarding the topics being discussed I have excercised the right to voice mine.

Druid.

Druid.. If u are going to quote someone use the quote boxes. Any more inflammatory remarks like the ones I just deleted and you'll have a warning, no need for it.

I couldn't agree more, you ARE entitled to your opinion. However, expressing them to the individual in a polite, temper-tantrum free manner as an adult is what this Discussion Board is about.

Telling me that my experiences are nonsense, without even knowing me OR the details in full, is simply downright rude.

End of speech.      disgust.gif

#44    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 24 October 2003 - 03:12 AM

Druid,

It's come to our attention that you are currently posting to the forum using two different nicknames, that is a no-no. Decide which one you wish to keep and inform us of your choice, the other nick will be suspended. Please IM a moderator of your choice or Saruman as to the name you wish to keep and do it quickly. Thank you for your cooperation.

Magikman

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#45    The Druid

The Druid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (The Druid @ Oct 22 2003, 11:34 PM)
Nancy,

"If I were NOT a lady, I would consider a response...... although, in reality....... your comments (Lady OR not) do NOT deserve a reply.

Insults make you appear "small" ......... Rude doesn't begin to describe you.

Insults, especially concerning personal experiences, are extremely distasteful."

Druid.

Celticwitch,

Please note the following comment from Nancy,

"Insults make you appear "small" ......... Rude doesn't begin to describe you.""

Certainly more inflammatory than the comments you deleted from me, so it seems you not only endorse 'censorship' on what is supposed to be a discussion forum but you also appear to show favourtism....

I assume that following a warning, one gets banned?

Given the above it would be no great loss I assure you.

Druid.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users