Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Show me proof

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#46    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (The Druid @ Oct 24 2003, 04:21 PM)

Celticwitch,

Please note the following comment from Nancy,

"Insults make you appear "small" ......... Rude doesn't begin to describe you.""

Certainly more inflammatory than the comments you deleted from me, so it seems you not only endorse 'censorship' on what is supposed to be a discussion forum but you also appear to show favourtism....

I assume that following a warning, one gets banned?

Given the above it would be no great loss I assure you.

Druid.

Druid,
Some think that 'instant distance' between people is an indication of conflicts in a prior life, surfacing this time around.

Perhaps that is the underlying problem here.

In any event, if you are indicating that I receive a 'warning' and if applicable, subsequently banned from the Site, so be it.

I've not known any of the Moderators, nor the Webmaster to treat a Member unfairly. I see that it appears you may have been using two nicknames, against the rules here. Notice please that this was posted in this forum, as opposed to a Private Message to you, personally. I wonder why?

The Staff here is the ultimate judge. I do not know what was edited from your Post, by Celti, however? I trust her judgement completely. She is fair as are all others here, behind the scenes.

So? In line with this Thread Topic...... "Show Me Proof" ...... If you get your wish and I am banned? Then it will be due to the fact I deserved it......

I suggest you think twice Druid, before posting your insults. It truly does not become you.
Nancy

dying is easy ... tis the living that's hard...

#47    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 11:39 PM

Awww, Nancy........  In a sane world that would surely never happen.... wub.gif  tongue.gif  

UA & Barman's Animated Avatar wish list, for the imaginative yet simple minded....  !!!

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

Some of the most beautiful works of art, are often not work at all...

#48    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (reese2 @ Oct 24 2003, 07:39 PM)
Awww, Nancy........  In a sane world that would surely never happen.... wub.gif  tongue.gif

??? sane? where?

Reese? Out of curiosity? Have I generated "ire" here, in this thread?
Since you are always UP FRONT, I'd appreciate your take on this ...... TY

#49    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 04:21 AM

Nancy-

You absolutely have not said anything that is contradictory to your post on the first page of this thread.  (Druid should have read the thread in it's entirity)

He was too busy trashing you, and your experience to realize what you were saying.  You handled yourself very well....

I happen to believe you to be a credible witness to anything you say happened.  

Although I cannot believe someone's word alone, I do give credit, and think seriously about the situation, if it comes from a completely reliable source.

If he had read your reply to Source, he would have gathered the same thing that most likely everyone did, when reading your post.. That you do not expect any rational human to believe anything out right.  It is all about personal convictions, that can only change when it happens to someone personally.  

I always remember what it was like to not believe anything, before things happened to me, so I never expect anyone to take my word for it.  I would probably think there was something wrong with someone, that never had an experience, if they blindly took my word for everything.

Basically, I think you were a good girl, as always.   tongue.gif   original.gif

Reese

UA & Barman's Animated Avatar wish list, for the imaginative yet simple minded....  !!!

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

Some of the most beautiful works of art, are often not work at all...

#50    gonzowalker

gonzowalker

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

• Many things in this life
    Are not what they appear
    Yeah, I look like a hare
    But if you stop and you stare
    I'm related to a deer

Posted 25 October 2003 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (reese2 @ Oct 25 2003, 04:21 AM)

Reese

It's the truth Nancy, I think you are the sweetest person I've never met. And you know how to defend yourself against insults without getting ugly, that is respectable.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night That chew your *** out all day long. - The Notorious Cherry Bombs

#51    dancin'hamster

dancin'hamster

Psychic Spy

• 1,800 posts

• "When Good is hungry, it seeks food, even in dark caves, and when it thirsts, it drinks even of dead waters"

Posted 25 October 2003 - 12:06 PM

*shuffles feet nervously*

Ok, this is a dicussion forum, and the very subject of the 'supernatural' always provokes extreme reactions from believers and sceptics alike.
I have met with The Druid in several other forums and have found him to be a very pleasant individual with a wicked sense of humour. The main problem with these forums is that the written word doesn't allow any readers to see that what was written was in a light-hearted manner, with a tongue lodged firmly in a cheek. I am sure he meant no offence to you Nancy.
The Druid has his own view on ghosts and spirits but has sent me some very supportive messages to help me get over the loss of my mother.
I hope this clears the air here - it's a great forum and I've made some lovely friends here.

Yours with respect

Hammy

#52    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,909 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 12:30 PM

And if thats alright with everyone that's that settled, a thought has just occured to me though as I was reading the last post, about the tongue in cheek, and that no-one can tell if it meant that way, especially with newer members, it may be a good idea that if somewhere in the thread that is not meant 100% seriously that this:  tongue.gif   smily would be used.  That way people would know when it was serious or not.

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#53    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (reese2 @ Oct 25 2003, 12:21 AM)
I always remember what it was like to not believe anything, before things happened to me, so I never expect anyone to take my word for it.  I would probably think there was something wrong with someone, that never had an experience, if they blindly took my word for everything.

Reese

rolleyes.gif Reese? Thank you! As expected, you are honest with me and straight forward.

Again, I agree with you.

Also? To my knowledge, I have never insisted that anyone blindly believe each word and take it as gospel. I merely related the information, as known to me. But when someone with whom I have not personally communicated here on UM says all is nonsense, including the suicide of my step-son........ I do take offense and feel those type of "discussions" are inflamatory.

Thanks Lady.........   wub.gif  thumbsup.gif  

#54    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 07:36 PM

gonzo........ THUD...... Whew, that came out of left field!
Respect has to be earned and I am floored by your kind words.
Thank you!  wink2.gif  

#55    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (dancin'hamster @ Oct 25 2003, 08:06 AM)
*shuffles feet nervously*

The main problem with these forums is that the written word doesn't allow any readers to see that what was written was in a light-hearted manner, with a tongue lodged firmly in a cheek. I am sure he meant no offence to you Nancy.
The Druid has his own view on ghosts and spirits but has sent me some very supportive messages to help me get over the loss of my mother.
I hope this clears the air here - it's a great forum and I've made some lovely friends here.

Yours with respect

Hammy

Hammy,
I appreciate your input as well. Please understand I am not trying to magnify what has happened on this Thread, but it is indicitive of the attitude of many other Members and when it happens, I feel justified in going somewhat in-depth to, as you say to, "clear the air."

I have chosen a few words from your post to quote....
Hammy? Of course Druid has his own opinions! Airing those are what this forum is about, not attacking individuals, especially without knowing the full facts.

Ahhhhhh yes, we have to use the Written word here, that is part of the plan LOL!
As a result, those written words should be chosen carefully so that your statment comes to fruition. Yes, I still feel "offended" but I'm a big girl without a thin skin.

Funny, he helped you with the loss of your Mother (I am very sorry about your loss!) yet, the Yellow Rose deals with my loss of my Father and his reference to my step-son's suicide is another personal loss. So why were my statements attacked? Gadzzzzzzz who knows, tis all H2O over the dam.
Nancy

#56    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Althalus @ Oct 25 2003, 08:30 AM)
especially with newer members, it may be a good idea that if somewhere in the thread that is not meant 100% seriously that this:  tongue.gif   smily would be used.  That way people would know when it was serious or not.

Al? Your wisdom shines through once again! Bingo!!!! Thank you for taking the time to give all of us, food for thought! See? The Boss has chosen his Staff well!

#57    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 25 October 2003 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Nancy @ Oct 25 2003, 03:46 PM)

Funny, he helped you with the loss of your Mother (I am very sorry about your loss!) yet, the Yellow Rose deals with my loss of my Father and his reference to my step-son's suicide is another personal loss. So why were my statements attacked? Gadzzzzzzz who knows, tis all H2O over the dam.
Nancy

Nancy,  I was thinking the same thing.  And I don't blame you for being offended,  I would have been too, if that was my personal experience being written about.(those stories are not put up for criticism)     sad.gif  

#58    Agent_21

Agent_21

Psychic Spy

• 1,574 posts

• Baby says: Vote for Biccy Boy!!! UM2004
    BABY LIKES MILK AND COOKIES!
    Yo J! ;)

Posted 25 October 2003 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (gonzowalker @ Oct 25 2003, 06:47 AM)
It's the truth Nancy, I think you are the sweetest person I've never met. And you know how to defend yourself against insults without getting ugly, that is respectable.

Wish I'd said that! It's true of course. original.gif

A:21

#59    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 11:11 PM

KC....... Thank you! You know how much your opinion counts with me!!
thumbsup.gif  

#60    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (Agent_21 @ Oct 25 2003, 05:16 PM)
Wish I'd said that! It's true of course. original.gif

A:21

A:21..........  whew, My ego will shortly be so inflated, I won't be able to get out the door here at UM!

Thank you..... very much    blush.gif  blush.gif  wub.gif

Now? Perhaps a good idea to get back to theSOURCE's "show me proof" lol!
whistling2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users