Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Grim Reaper

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31    Angel_Pup

Angel_Pup

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 05:15 AM

He is just a dude that Is By the way just doing his job, He doesn't want to be hated.  wink2.gif  Just because he Takes people away and shows them the way to heaven, doesn't mean he is a bad guy, Without him, people would be suffering with bad ilnesses and waiting to go...But can't and have to spend eternity suffering...That doesn't sound like a very good life to live...would it?! so, see his point of veiw. But, yeh, I admit, HE LOOKZ KEWL

I aint afraid of death though. blink.gif  

#32    Pasiphae

Pasiphae

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 154 posts

• Broken toy soldier.

Posted 22 October 2003 - 12:21 PM

I think the Grim Reaper is part of our conditioned minds, if, when you finally go, you expect to see HIM, you'll do so. If your expecting to see your family, angels or even your old dog, I suspect you'll see them instead.
I wouldn't like to think of HIM as being evil, how can he be? He's taking the souls away at the end of their lives, its not like he's coming up behind them with a hammer, is it? If I were to end up in pain and theres nothing that can be done for me, I'd welcome him in whatever form he takes, but I do hope he dresses appropriatly for what'd be a bit of an occasion for me.

As you other guys have said, the version that T Pratchett portrays is the way I'd like to imagine him.

I'm not scared of the dark...it's the bits that go bump that worry me!

#33    psama

psama

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 04:00 AM

I agree that death is takes no role in good or evil...and anyways...life is what creates death.

#34    d4everman

d4everman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

• "We are the Guardians of the Sacred Words...Nee, Pang and Nay-Whoooong."

Posted 01 November 2003 - 03:25 AM

The reaper isn't evil, its as someone said....he's nuetral. He may seem evil because he NEVER bends the rules. He doesn't listen to begging or pleading. You can call him a hard-ass but not evil. We only feel he's evil sometiimes because no one wants to die or see people we care about die.

DON'T FEAR THE REAPER

Do not mock things you don't understand. Visit Dante's Inferno and All Night Video Store

#35    Withered Rose

Withered Rose

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 85 posts

• Judge me not by how I look, but for who I am inside the flesh.

Posted 05 July 2004 - 04:49 PM

Death is death,
when its time to go they come and embrace you.
They can't favor anyone.
People come and go as it is their fate.
The Reaper is neutral,for he has to walk to and fro the land of the dead (so on so forth)
He might like a person,but he will have to take them away.It's a job.But hey you figure if you're him you meet very interesting people (I'm sure if you DO get taken to wherever,it's a long walk,so there's plenty of time to talk laugh.gif)

... for a while, I saw, but with how terrible an exaggeration ! I saw the lips of the black-robed judges. They appeared to me white -- whiter than the sheet upon which I trace these words -- and thin even to grotesqueness; thin with the intensity of their expression of firmness, of immovable resolution, of stern contempt of human torture. I saw that the decrees of what to me was fate were still issuing from those lips.

#36    doomgirl

doomgirl

Government Agent

• 3,323 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:12 AM

I believe he is good

Spaceflight News - UM's Sister Site - Join Us

It ain't fittin'... it ain't fittin'. It jes' ain't fittin'... It ain't fittin'
Do I look like a freakin' people person?
All Things Wrestling Forum
Arts, Crafts N Gardens Forum

Computer Support Forum
Amby's Forum
Panda.org - WWF
Posted Image

#37    OreoSuicide

OreoSuicide

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:10 AM

Oh come on! How can anyone say that the grim reaper is evil just because he is a skeleton who wears a black cloak??? This is a prime example of how we judge people by appearance. In this day and age skeletons should be allowed to walk around in black cloaks (or any other type of clothing which they decide to wear) without others passing judgement on them.  

#38    OreoSuicide

OreoSuicide

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:12 AM

Remember Mr Grim Reaper......I stuck up for you!

#39    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:46 PM

hmmm i dont think the reaper is evil....i dont think he/she is good either....i just think he does his/her job..

as for the skeleton, i dont think that if i saw the reaper it would be a skeleton...i would probably imagine him/her/it to  have flesh...i think the skeleton image is just a symbol that people have created, to symbolise death

"isn't that intresting Dave, i mean every step you take down that chain, takes you one step further from your imagination"

i said
"you're right! youre a bit of a hippy, but you're right"
- Dave Gorman

"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"
"I got some pegs belonging to you"
- Papa Lazarou

#40    Kortef

Kortef

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 01:49 AM

No hes not, he has a job and he does it....

#41    Vampyre

Vampyre

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

• Intoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness

Posted 07 July 2004 - 04:17 AM

He's neutral.. Just Doing His Job.. The World Be Pretty Messed Up If There Was No Repaer....

"Love isn't brains, children, it's blood... Blood screaming inside you to work its will. *I* may be love's b****, but at least *I'm* man enough to admit it."

#42    laurahannansims

laurahannansims

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:34 AM

personally, i don't think he cares. some ones dead, some ones dead, he takes them away, it's not as if he did it.

#43    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:36 AM

it's not as if he did it.

Even Grim Reapers have bad days.....

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#44    hottie66739

hottie66739

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (This Here Giraffe @ Oct 7 2003, 07:59 PM)

And of course, all skeletons are evil.

that is such a crock of bull cause if it wasn't for embalming we would all turn to skeletons so r u saying everyone is evil.? whistling2.gif  

#45    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

• I'll write something pithy here later, for now just use it to advertise your band.

Posted 19 July 2004 - 02:43 AM

I don't think the Grim Reaper is half as scary as people who believe in him in the first place..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users