Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Eltanin Antenna - Mysterious Undersea Structure

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 20 April 2002 - 07:27 AM

Here's an interesting article from Whitley Striebers Unknown Country website;

"Between 1962 and 1979 the NSF Polar Research Vessel Eltanin surveyed Antarctic waters, studying the ocean and ocean bottom. In 1964, the ship photographed an unusual object at a depth of 13,500 feet. At the time, there was no submarine that could have carried a piece of technology to this depth.
The object appears to be a pole rising from the ocean floor with twelve spokes radiating from it, each ending in a sphere. The spokes are at fifteen degree angles to each other. It is located approximately 1,000 miles south of Cape Horn, beneath some of the most inhospitable seas in the world.

Marine biologists have speculated that it might be some sort of an organism, largely because it is otherwise so difficult to explain. However, there is no known form of marine life that looks remotely like this object.

There exists the possibility that it is an antenna or other scientific instrument that was lost by an early research vessel, but once again, this would appear to be a very forced explanation. It seems unlikely that an object could drop through three miles of ocean, and anchor itself on the bottom.

In addition, the position of the antenna is so exact, and so strangely significant, that it would seem almost certain that it was intentionally put there. Who did it, with what technology and why remains unknown. However, it's clear that there could be an enormous secret connected with the Eltanin antenna, and one that might not be entirely unknown to certain members of the scientific community, as will be seen.

Researcher Bruce Cathie, a New Zealander who, among other things, had a famous series of UFO sightings, has developed a theory about the antenna based on its position on the planet. Cathie's theories suggest that the antenna may be part of an ancient planetary grid that is of fundamental importance to an understanding of our planet and the great 25,000 year cycle known as the precession of the equinox.

Could it be possible that the Eltanin Antenna is a piece of ancient technology, or even technology that comes from another world? Cathie certainly thinks so. Other researchers are now suggesting that modern science might be well aware of the purpose of the object, and might be actively monitoring it or using it in some way.

Mr. Cathie considers 144, the harmonic recriprocal of the speed of light, to be an important measure of the earth's grid because it divides into the planet's 21,600 minutes of arc exactly 150 times. An individual interested in Cathie's ideas began measuring outward in steps from the antenna, and to his surprise found that the Prospect Point Antarctic Base is precisely eight of these measures away. Add another unit of 144 and you find two more antarctic bases, Hemus and St. Kilmet.

Remarkably, a whole array of bases and earthquake stations surround the Eltanin Antenna. What this may mean is unknown, but it is certainly suggestive that the Eltanin antenna is no strange marine creature, but rather an object of great importance, that somebody understands very well."

Here's a LINK to the web page. It has other clickable links that give further information.

Magikman  :sg

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#2    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 20 April 2002 - 07:49 AM

Looks odd, that's for sure.  Makes you wonder.  :s6

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#3    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 20 April 2002 - 02:30 PM

There is no way that could be anything natural, it looks to uniform to be anything but built.

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
— David Gemmell

#4    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 20 April 2002 - 09:53 PM

[blue]Flippin heck.

I'd say it sounds like the opeing of the movie 'Sphere'.

There's more happened on our planet than we know about. If it is an antenna, what is it connected to?
[/blue]

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. – Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. – Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. – Minquass

#5    Aes_Sedai_666

Aes_Sedai_666

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 April 2002 - 09:56 PM

huh? :o I'm not quite sure what it is....natural or unnatural......it's anyones guess.But it is something weird :sc

#6    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 20 April 2002 - 10:11 PM

The first thing i thought about was the movie Sphere also Loonboy.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#7    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 21 April 2002 - 08:02 PM

I reckon it's man made, either a recent sunken ship (just because it's unlikely doesn't mean it isn't) or its (cue favourite topic) a structure belonging to an ancient civilisation.

never take me too seriously

#8    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 21 April 2002 - 10:52 PM

It looks man made, but from what and when I have no idea. Like MC said, it makes you wonder

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#9    Magikman

Magikman

• 6,280 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 03:48 AM

Obviously, I'm always interested in getting to the bottom of an 'unexplained mystery'. Of course, I've never been a huge fan of Strieber's, the man is just too flakey and dishonest, but this particular story was a compelling one. I've finally just run into a site that 'explains' this particular anomoly quite convincingly. If you are curious as to its true origin, click on the link below;

CLICK HERE FOR INFO

Magikman thumbsup.gif

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#10    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 22 October 2003 - 12:36 AM

Thanks MM,  thumbsup.gif    it's true identity IS fascinating, but I still can't believe it's a natural living thing.   w00t.gif  

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#11    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 22 October 2003 - 03:35 AM

So... this was photographed a long time ago, and it mentions that mankind had no submarine capable of getting down to that depth. But we have now… Why hasn’t someone been back and looked for it, and done more research on it? Or have they, and they have found out what it is, and like most unexplained things, its been covered up!

Oh... and to me it looks manmade. I’m no expert on marine biology or communications devises, but it looks like some type of antenna. blink.gif

#12    soulfire78

soulfire78

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

• It's not what happens to you in life that matters, it's what you do about it that counts...

Posted 22 October 2003 - 04:32 AM

If they have the technology, why don't they tell us how big this unidentified thing is?  It would be much easier to form an opinion if we knew whether it was 15 feet tall or 120!
At 15 feet, it could still be plausible that it were of an organic origin, but much larger than that, and other possibilities would become very believeable.  I checked both sites and did not see mention of the actual objects size.  

She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that 's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impair'd the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o'er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express
How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!

Lord Byron

#13    Magikman

Magikman

• 6,280 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 04:58 AM

QUOTE (soulfire78 @ Oct 22 2003, 05:32 AM)
I checked both sites and did not see mention of the actual objects size.

"It has been estimated the object is about two feet high."

You have to click on one of the links within the webpage I furnish. Its located in the paragraph that begins "Henk Hinfelaar in New Zealand secured......"

Kryso quotes
"Why hasn’t someone been back and looked for it, and done more research on it?"

Probably because, in the article I link to, it states that any marine biologist of any relevance and knowledge already knew its true nature, that of a documented, living organism. Information that the uninformed and unqualified choose to simply ignore, preferring to focus instead on sensational claptrap and 'otherwordly' nonsense. Like it says in the article, its a pity that the anomalists and scientists don't consult one another. But then, where would the mystery be in that scenario?

MM

Edited by Magikman, 22 October 2003 - 04:59 AM.

#14    soulfire78

soulfire78

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

• It's not what happens to you in life that matters, it's what you do about it that counts...

Posted 22 October 2003 - 05:22 AM

2 flippin' feet tall and they want us to think it's some sort of alien super antenna!

Give me a break...Thanks for the added info MM...like I said, the details are the deciding factor.

She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that 's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impair'd the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o'er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express
How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!

Lord Byron

#15    Erowin

Erowin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

• This is incredibly silly!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

Oh man those are sweet. I wish we had better technology for taking things from deep pressures, because imagine having some in a zoo aquarium, or even some big fancy rich persons personal one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users