Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bible-word of god or rubbish?

AztecInca

Debate Topic: Is the Bible trully the word of God or is it a bunch of contradictory rubbish?

:tu:

Edited by tiddlyjen

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AztecInca

• Abecrombie

• punish3ment

• Death Star III

ill go for the bible IS the word of god

worth reading

Edited by abecrombi

I will debate the bible is rubbish and anything but hte word of god.

Thank-you Death Star III.

abecrombi will be debating that the bible is the word of god and is worthy of our reading while Ajax is kewl will be debating that it is not the word of god and not worth our time.

This will be a 1v1 formal debate.

An Introduction, 5 bodily posts and a conclusion from each participant. No Flaming, bad manners or profantities will be tolerated.

Please be aware that:

There is a point deduction for debaters who fail to make a post within the 7 day time frame. The deductions will be 2 points for every day the participant fails to post after the 7 days.

This is to ensure that debates continue in a timely fashion. If for any reason you cannot post within the 7 days, please ensure that you let myself or tiddlyjen know to avoid having the points taken off your debate.

If, however the participant does not then attempt to make a post for upto 2 weeks after the 7 day rule has started an immediate disqualification will occur.

Good Luck! :tu:

Edited by AztecInca

thank you Aztecinca,...and welome to the debates Death Star III.

Good luck and my introduction will be posted witin 48 hrs.

Abecrombie ;)

Edited by abecrombi

First, I would like to acknowledge the judges, organizers and boardmembers for allowing me here and debating in this forum.

Introduction

The word of God is true and is worth reading

There are many good reasons why the word of god is true and worth reading .

If words have meaning themselves and words have sound.

If Words define who we are, and the world we live in, and describe everything around us.

Wouldn’t those words initself be worth reading?

Words.

It is how we communicate pronuncicate and express feeling, explanation and thought.

In order to define meaning into written language and express and communicate, God, inspired men to write down words throughout His-Story in order to prove his love and promise to mankind in a letter, the bible, the written word of god.

It is still the number one best seller of all time and the only one of its kind. If read with seriousness in heart and applied through discipline one may find answers of life’s many questions. The bible was originally written in the Hebrew language, the Old Testament. The New Testament in Greek there is no other book like it and its harmonious reproof within its pages. In fact the last book called revelation literally means “to be revealed” is still not yet have taken place in our life time but according to scripture it will and proceeds to warn us and provide us with great knowledge so mankind can detect and prepare to change whatever is necessary to avoid those circumstances if he so well chooses. There is no other book that took so long to complete or took so many lives to have it available to every man.

God has revealed Himself in the Bible without error. The Bible itself claims this inerrancy (2 Timothy 3:16-17 (4); Matthew 5:18 (5); etc.). Let's look at some of the proofs for the Bible's claim to be the infallible word of God.

Back

• 2 weeks later...

Death Star III has pulled out of all of his debates and so a new participant must be found to debate that the bible is not the word of god and not worth our time.

jac daniels, this is a debate board, we already have a debater for the bible

I will be against the bible if i can be

okay, i will need a couple of days to gather my notes

i see we are back on track yeah!

I wish to welcome ajax is kewl to this debate topic .

i hope you stay on here in the furum in general

oh hey tiddlyjen its been awhile hope your doing good. my intro

is already posted

good luck ajax

see every soon o.k

Abecromie :D

Now, before I post, respect the fact that it is my first ever debate, and quite a hard one at that, and I don't have alot of spare times, with all my homework <_< anyway...

Is the Bible the word of God?

Before We can debate this, we must consider one huge factor. God. Throughout history mankind has sought God.

Sought to find some proof, some indication, some hope, that God exsists. Despite all the hope and believe,

the search still goes on today. I believe that the Bible is NOT the word of God.

Now, if you know any history at all, you know Christianity and the Bible has not only failed to maintain peace,

you know they have been entirely responsible for the most bloody and unnecessary wars of history. You know all

the Crusades were pure Christian aggressions. You know the crusaders, in spite of their devout faith in the Bible,

in prayer, in Christianity, and in their God, failed again and again to recapture the "Holy land." And true to their

Bible the Crusaders slaughtered men, women and children whenever they captured a city.

And yet Christians call the Bible "the word of God," and themselves "moral"

If you know any history at all you know when the Bible was established, and

Christianity had power, Christians tortured and murdered those who doubted or

disagreed with their Bible.

And yet Christians call the Bible "the word of God," and themselves "moral"

The Bible is not, AND CANNOT BE, "the word of God."

Abecrombie has asked for and been given an extension of 24 hours. :tu:

^_^ I strongly urge the judges as well as my opponent to find a bible and look up the verses. This would be

Fair to the fact that it is to easily quote out of text, abused by the speakers and taken for granted by the listener. For yourselves and mine, know that my source is a legit and solid one. Thank you.

2 Tim 3:16-

ALL SCRIPTURE IS GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD, AND IS PROFITABLE FOR DOCTRINE, FOR REPROOF, FOR CORRECTION, FOR INSTRUCTION IN RIGHTEOUSNESS

Bodily post 1___________________________________________________________________________

Fact or Fiction –

Why wouldn’t it be the word of god? the holy bible took over threethousand years in the making to completion

For a theme of the many men who penned it, they all say the same message of the bible.

It is the word of god.

Even if it were a book based on a fictional story, it would still be considered Gods word and it would still be a benefit to enhancing sound thoughts and with all the readers would get its theme. Except people, do not argue over a dime store novel or a best seller such as a Steven king book. Right?

The bible also has written in several places for the reader to prove it to be true for themselves

Moreover, that the very contents are for instruction, correction and reproof and is profitable

_"Trust in Jehovah with all your heart and do not lean upon your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of him, and he himself will make your paths straight.” —Proverbs 3:1, 2, 5, 6.

A Promise is a Promise and a Lie is a Lie

God’s word is like a man when he says, “ I give you my word”.

What does that generally mean? It means a promise they will keep. In addition, by saying that they will give you their word phrase, it is a serious proclamation to the person they are promising to.

Same as the bible, it is a personal letter, a promise from god, god’s promise to us, and for a reason.

I bet you know the answer to this one?

It is obvious that it is not all peaches and cream today in life, as we know it. Right?

Well the story of the surviving pages within the Holy Scriptures is here for us to be taken seriously and to promise us salvation and victory over death and suffering.

Religion and politics have rule over the earth it occupies our time and interest, but war has been on the rise more and more death suffering and pain. Why? This is in the very bible itself. The bible is a letter from our father trying to communicate with his creation, humankind. He loves us and gave us the only begotten son for a ransom to fight for our free will and prove the devil as a lier. There is a great injustice going on and for most if one does not search outside him for an answer not to another but another source outside in search of and the bible claims to be the word of god. Would not then be an opinion of the reader if it were such a subject?

ANSWERED Q:’S QUESTIONS ANSWERED?

People want answers to life’s important questions. They are searching something that all would agree if it is god, …the bible is where you will find him. He writes a personal letter to creation of man.to tell us as his children the beginning, the original plan, he has a personal name and worship should be to him, he is battling the wickedness of satan, whom decided on his own to become a enemy of god, The battle goes on today and we are caught in the middle, why so long? The last book in the bible is revelation, which means to be revealed. We are as the bible reads in the process of its story, we are somewhere in revelations but we are told we will never know the exact day nor hour.

http://watchtower.org/library/w/2000/5/1/article_01.htm

Edited by Abecrombie

Ajax is kewl your 7-day time limit for posting has now passed, if you do not either post or contact jen or I point deductions and eventual disqualification will occur.

• 2 weeks later...

Ajax is kewl you have failed to post within the time-limit and without providing any reasons. As such Ajax is kewl you are disqualified.