Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

My cat

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1    Curiosity Killed The Kid

Curiosity Killed The Kid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 07:11 PM

My cat was born with a larger chin which we lead to belive made her look uniquely like a Lioness. As she grew her bottom teeth formed a over-bite. Recently though, her chin has "erupted", she has developed scabs around her neck and chin that secret pussy fluid. The scabds are to the skin and no hair remains. We took her to a Vetrenarian and apparently it is normal and there isn't much we can do but avoid contact with her. It's really sad that my cat has to indure this and I hope she survives it hmm.gif.

user posted image
user posted image

You can't take the kid from the fight, take the fight from the kid.
Posted Image

#2    Final Remark

Final Remark

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

• Believe the Unbelievable

Posted 20 May 2006 - 07:35 PM

Oh poor cat is has to suffer this much... user posted image

GunBladePosted Image

#3    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 20 May 2006 - 07:46 PM

Its normal? Take it to another vet...if its oozing pus, its not normal..

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#4    Ravinar

Ravinar

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Location:some where between the majesty of creation and the void of oblivion

• A truly powerful being needs not destroy.

Posted 20 May 2006 - 07:50 PM

OMG! crying.gif will it ever recover? sad.gif

the human race is at an end and and my soul grows weary. the one thing that could revive it is almost gone and is in no condition to heal me. yet i shall not despair for the light of hope shines even in the greatest darkness. i shall continue to hope.... hope for the days of green and ever lasting love of all things. for those whom think them selfs better shall realize they are not all that is. nor are they in any way better for all life is equal.

#5    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,360 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:22 PM

I agree that is not normal, I would go to another vet.  Maybe one who specializes in cats.  Looks like the chin clans are oversecreting. My cat book relates to it diet but that looks bad.  How can you keep that clean if you don't touch her? I don't think your vet knows what he is talking about.

Poor kitty. sad.gif
Please tell us how she make out.

Edited by Darkwind, 20 May 2006 - 08:26 PM.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#6    Curiosity Killed The Kid

Curiosity Killed The Kid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:41 PM

Please tell us how she make out.

Make out with my cat?
I already did happy.gif
user posted image

Posted Image

#7    greywolf

greywolf

Psychic Spy

• 1,042 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:51 PM

hi,
    i showed these pictures to my daughter.she is a vet.she said she does'nt know why your vet told you this was normal.she said THIS IS NOT NORMAL.she strongly suggests you take your cat to another vet as soon as possible.good luck to you and kitty. cat.gif

#8    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,360 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 09:15 PM

blush.gif  Ya I make out with mine to. Good luck.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#9    Curiosity Killed The Kid

Curiosity Killed The Kid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 11:39 PM

I apologize for the missconception before. My definition of "normal" wasn't meant to be missinterpreted to be average for a cat. After a short talk with my mother she says she can't remember exactly what the disorder is, but it is common among cats with her unique chin (see first post for info). Apparently, we can't do much but wait and pray it gets better. But, if it doesn't, then we'll have to put her down. We've had her for about five years now and we adopted her from the local humane society. She came from a man who was arrested for animal neglect. My mom claims that she weighed alot less then a normal cat of her size should. hmm.gif

Posted Image

#10    Ravinar

Ravinar

Psychic Spy

• 1,102 posts
  • Location:some where between the majesty of creation and the void of oblivion

• A truly powerful being needs not destroy.

Posted 21 May 2006 - 12:26 AM

I apologize for the missconception before. My definition of "normal" wasn't meant to be missinterpreted to be average for a cat. After a short talk with my mother she says she can't remember exactly what the disorder is, but it is common among cats with her unique chin (see first post for info). Apparently, we can't do much but wait and pray it gets better. But, if it doesn't, then we'll have to put her down. We've had her for about five years now and we adopted her from the local humane society. She came from a man who was arrested for animal neglect. My mom claims that she weighed alot less then a normal cat of her size should. hmm.gif

thats just terrible no.gif good thing she lives in a loving home now. you should make sure you give her lots of love and attention because when shes gone its going to hurt and hurt bad. crying.gif i just lost my dog not to long ago. we hade her for over 10 years and she was like a little sister to me....... yah so make sure you spoil her rotten ok? thumbsup.gif

the human race is at an end and and my soul grows weary. the one thing that could revive it is almost gone and is in no condition to heal me. yet i shall not despair for the light of hope shines even in the greatest darkness. i shall continue to hope.... hope for the days of green and ever lasting love of all things. for those whom think them selfs better shall realize they are not all that is. nor are they in any way better for all life is equal.

#11    Curiosity Killed The Kid

Curiosity Killed The Kid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 02:01 AM

thats just terrible no.gif good thing she lives in a loving home now. you should make sure you give her lots of love and attention because when shes gone its going to hurt and hurt bad. crying.gif i just lost my dog not to long ago. we hade her for over 10 years and she was like a little sister to me....... yah so make sure you spoil her rotten ok? thumbsup.gif

Awww, that's so sad. My family's first dog was put down and buried in our back yard and shortly after our second one was given away. I already make sweet love with my cat w00t.gif.
Jay kay, kids, I'm not a perv happy.gif

Posted Image

#12    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,360 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 03:22 AM

I tried to scan my cat book for you, but it didn't come out legible.  You might be able to get it library it is called "The New Natural Cat" by Anitra Frazier.
She has a section about chin glands.  She suggests changing the diet and making your own cat food. It is worth a try.  I almost lost my cat to a Bobcat this week.  I don't know what I would have done. I am a widower and shes is all company I got.

#13    Curiosity Killed The Kid

Curiosity Killed The Kid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 03:33 AM

I tried to scan my cat book for you, but it didn't come out legible.  You might be able to get it library it is called "The New Natural Cat" by Anitra Frazier.
She has a section about chin glands.  She suggests changing the diet and making your own cat food. It is worth a try.  I almost lost my cat to a Bobcat this week.  I don't know what I would have done. I am a widower and shes is all company I got.

Yeah, we've been giving her a mixture of her difirent cat foods to help her get better, we've also been mixing in water to make it easier to chew. I'm sorry to hear that Darkwind, nobody deserves that. I hope your cat recovers. If not, then get a gun and kill the bobcat. happy.gif

Edited by Curiosity Killed The Kid, 21 May 2006 - 03:34 AM.

Posted Image

#14    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,360 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 05:49 PM

Yeah, we've been giving her a mixture of her difirent cat foods to help her get better, we've also been mixing in water to make it easier to chew. I'm sorry to hear that Darkwind, nobody deserves that. I hope your cat recovers. If not, then get a gun and kill the bobcat. happy.gif

You miss understood, the bobcat didn't get a hold of her but it was close.  If I hadn't got to the door in time she'd been bobcat dinner.  It was a close call that was for sure.
Even if the bobcat had got her I couldn't shoot him. He is doing what he must to survive.  All round my mobile home park they have destroyed all the forest, built golf courses and million dollar homes on postage stamp lots.   We have taken the bobcat's home away form him. Now he is living in an unnatural situation.  We have lots of rabbits and ducks in our lake, so he is naturally attracted to that.  A cat is just a little bigger meal to him.  I worry about him.  He has little fear of humans which makes him very dangerous, if someone gets hurt his life is forfeit.  It is a sad situation for him.  To live he must hunt and have game to hunt.  We have built our homes where he must hunt.  He has no choice but to hunt in my yard.  So I must be more responsible of my cat by keeping her in house and walking her on a leash.  The bobcat is beautiful. The next time I see him I am hoping to get a picture of him. If I do Iíll post it.

#15    Jack_of_Blades

Jack_of_Blades

Psychic Spy

• 2,020 posts

• "There's no earthly way of knowing. Which direction they are going! There's no knowing where they're rowing, Or which way they river's flowing!."

Posted 21 May 2006 - 07:08 PM

Some one should put the cat down.
Or you down for not taking it to a
vet.

Btw my cat is half ocelot and half domestic

Edited by Bietsch, 21 May 2006 - 07:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users