Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Plant based diets

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#16    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 24 May 2006 - 01:13 AM

also sheri, do not forget that at every step in the ladder there is only approx 10% of the energy transfered, 90% lost

That can be easily overcome though thumbsup.gif

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#17    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,710 posts

• The giving of love is an education in itself.
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 24 May 2006 - 06:54 AM

Frog in staying with the class here  rolleyes.gif The vegan advocates  eating  low on the food chain , every step up the chain reduces the amount of food energy by  a factor of 10, which is why in the ecosystem there are only a fraction as many predators as there are prey, but also processing food also burns energy. all this touting how meat is such a great source of energy and blah blah is in error once you apply a bit of science and a splash of logic......alrighty then we can now get back on topic..... grin2.gif   grin2.gif  grin2.gif

#18    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 24 May 2006 - 06:53 PM

The vegan advocates eating low on the food chain , every step up the chain reduces the amount of food energy by a factor of 10, which is why in the ecosystem there are only a fraction as many predators as there are prey, but also processing food also burns energy. all this touting how meat is such a great source of energy and blah blah is in error once you apply a bit of science and a splash of logic......

Like I said however, this can be easily overcome..

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#19    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 21,710 posts

~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:18 PM

Frog   no.gif It seems to me you are just trolling posting nothing, if you have something to say great  I;d love to hear it ....otherwise if you wouldn't mind I'd like to stay with the OP.......

Edited by Sheri berri, 24 May 2006 - 08:03 PM.

#20    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,169 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:29 PM

frog, when will you learn...blah, blah, blah, lol  grin2.gif  grin2.gif  grin2.gif

Between home schooling her kids, watching farmers grow her food, lol building a windmill to supply energy to her computer, lol spinning her own cotten to make the families clothes, riding a bike everwhere she goes, lol making the sun come up tomorrow... isn't it just amazing that she can be here to spread her wisdom to the lowly.

Get with the class son... rolleyes.gif

#21    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 21,710 posts

~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:56 PM

Michelle PM AKA personal Message your personal issues, i actually do beleive its a 'rule'...Maybe you have missed it the 30 or so times I have posted  that,do you have a opinion on the topic at hand???????? Is it me or  are you stalking me ???????

Edited by Sheri berri, 24 May 2006 - 08:02 PM.

#22    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,169 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:13 PM

30 or so times????? I haven't even refered to you more than a few times because your condescending attitude annoys me. You merely don't like it when anyone else disagrees with you.

It makes no difference what my or anyones else's opinion is because you are right, you will always be right and nothing is going to change your mind...or even be tolerant and understanding of another persons point of view.

Edited by Michelle, 24 May 2006 - 08:14 PM.

#23    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 21,710 posts

~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:37 PM

michelle you are telling more about you than me I'm afraid , sorry but the only way you see things is through your filters, we don't know each other, As two mature adults here (i have asked you many times to take your issues to PM ) to date you have not..Listen i don't want to report but you are leaving me no other option here, so for the last time its the rules out of resepct for UM i'd like to honor the rules...... blink.gif .

#24    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:44 PM

...and so anyway, we were talking about plant based diets...

So, let's talk about lettuce...or tofu...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#25    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:46 PM

frog, when will you learn...blah, blah, blah, lol  grin2.gif  grin2.gif  grin2.gif

Between home schooling her kids, watching farmers grow her food, lol building a windmill to supply energy to her computer, lol spinning her own cotten to make the families clothes, riding a bike everwhere she goes, lol making the sun come up tomorrow... isn't it just amazing that she can be here to spread her wisdom to the lowly.

Get with the class son... rolleyes.gif

Michelle why so bitchy? I have had my own debate with Sheri over meat and vag...she know I love my meat...I have debated with her over it I told her we are designed to eat meat..she says likewise..but hey i did it without bitching....what you have just posted is showing nothing but childishness...if I where Sheri I would just report it blink.gif

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#26    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:54 PM

Since we can't seem to let it go, I'm just going to close this thread. I am tiring of having to step in to bickering matches. Please get beyond the fighting or take it via PM to each other and leave everyone else out of it.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users