Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Meat in your diet

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#16    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 25 May 2006 - 12:39 AM

No you dont LOL you are only saying that to get on a few vegans nerves here on this board LOL
You eat meat cuz..................you like it w00t.gif

go on admit it LOL grin2.gif

Well. I like it too. I actually just had a half pound burger. It was incredible.

Edited by ericraven2003, 25 May 2006 - 12:45 AM.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#17    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 25 May 2006 - 12:43 AM

Well. I like it too. I acutually just had a half pound burger. It was incredible.

I wont eat a burger unless it was real meat...not processed crap...

BM burger

Steak, cheese, mushrooms, a hint of lettuce, slice of bacon and blue cheese dressing...now thats a BM burger happy.gif

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#18    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 25 May 2006 - 12:48 AM

Bacon.... mmmmmmmm.......

#19    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 25 May 2006 - 12:53 AM

Bacon.... mmmmmmmm.......

Bacon makes everythng taste better. I just love pig meat.lol grin2.gif

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#20    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 25 May 2006 - 12:58 AM

Bacon and pork all come from the same animal...but a lot of people love pork but hate bacon wacko.gif

I like both

#21    Avinash_Tyagi

Avinash_Tyagi

Government Agent

• 3,871 posts

• Searching For Answers

Posted 25 May 2006 - 01:03 AM

Ladies, and Gentelmen, Boy and Girls, Children of all ages, we are people. we are complex. we need food. we need meat. meat is good. it helps us function it helps give us minerals we cant get from plats because well plants dont have all the minerals. and yet some among us belive we shoudlnt eat meat. they belive that meat isharmful for u. they say that every piece of meat u see has come from a place where all animals have been beaten and forced to eat steroids. THEY BLAME AMERICA BEING FAT ON US EATING ANIMALS. yet there are many ways to get meat that hasnt been form animls suffering. but they refuse to belive it. so now tell me why u eat meat and tell me why u just love that big steak and chicken and tell me why u think itsm ore natural to eat meat thne to fight over food with a rabbit. i say kille the rabbit cook him and put it in the salad because meat is good. (no im not some crazed kill all animals and eat them guy i jsutl ike meat and i know most f u do too)

Sorry you don't need meat, everything you need can come from not animal sources easily.  And Animal sources of food have many health issues associated with them.

Edited by Avinash_Tyagi, 25 May 2006 - 01:05 AM.

Spider-pig, Spider-pig, does whatever a Spider-pig does   Homer Simpson

Everyday the cafe's and and outdoor markets of the middle east explode in anticipation! -Aasif Mandvi

Vir!  Intelligence has no place in politics! Londo Mollari

WWBD: What Would Belldandy Do?

When Christians attack!:

#22    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 25 May 2006 - 01:25 AM

How do my fellow meat eaters feel about eating veal?

I've been called everything under the sun for eating a veal steak sandwich. I don't agree with the treatment but can't argue with the flavor.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#23    robbieb

robbieb

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 01:40 AM

i dont like veal cause i saw the baby cows one time i almsot cried. i dont care if other people eat it though. and Avinash_Tyagi u have ur thread we hav our eat and let eat

#24    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 25 May 2006 - 01:41 AM

How do my fellow meat eaters feel about eating veal?

I've been called everything under the sun for eating a veal steak sandwich. I don't agree with the treatment but can't argue with the flavor.

Tastes good thumbsup.gif

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#25    Boff

Boff

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

• Free Tibet

Posted 25 May 2006 - 01:46 AM

I only eat Lamb and Chicken. You need them for lots of Indian curries and I couldnt not cook without em!! It would kill me!

But I dont eat any other meats.

#26    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 25 May 2006 - 01:50 AM

I only eat Lamb and Chicken

Other than vegetables, masalas/kourmas/"curries", and bread, they are staples of Indian cuisine (mutton and chicken)

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#27    Boff

Boff

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

• Free Tibet

Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:20 AM

Exactly! original.gif

#28    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,714 posts

• The giving of love is an education in itself.
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 25 May 2006 - 05:56 AM

Interesting thread...To each his own.....Needing meat is a myth and eating meat is a choice........of course your own choice but choice none the less...lol grin2.gif

#29    kaknelson

kaknelson

Watchful

• 4,666 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 06:46 AM

Meats can tend to inflame or swell your joints. Veganism (oats, rices, grains, beans) is much healthier source of food and protien.

But fast food is SOO easy and cheap. Mshyts and Burger Queen are  right around the corner wink2.gif .

.  .      .   .    .   .      .      .       .       .     .       .    .    .        .    .             .      .

\_0v | h @nwR

Posted Image

#30    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 08:38 AM

Interesting thread...To each his own.....Needing meat is a myth and eating meat is a choice........of course your own choice but choice none the less...lol grin2.gif

How is it a choice Sheri?? hmm.gif  I am not trying to be rude here far from it LOL but I just would like to know as to how you see it as just a choice???

Reason being is my lil Becky loves mince meat with gravy ...she cant get enough of it, she has even cried out for her dads baby back ribs and had herself a good time chewing on it.....to me she didnt make the choice...it was her taste buds that made the choice...after all she is just over 8 months old...and bare in mind Becky loves her potatoes with mixed veg...and she will eat a lil fruit and loves to drink water...she is very healthy wub.gif

She cried out for the left over ribs (she must of thought they smelt good)

user posted image

And that was it..that was the 1st time I saw her get a taste for meat and she wasnt going to part with that rib...funny thing was...there was nothing on it for her to bite off LOL we didnt want her to choke!!!

[img]http://img.photobuck...stick_I_See.jpg[img]
I had to stay close in case she choked on it...but she didnt....now we just mix it in with the rest of her food... grin2.gif

I didnt make it my choice either Sheri....I just happen to like it...not all meat though just some...but it's like anything you eat..if your taste buds dont like it and your tummy disagrees with it then you wont eat it...simple as that...and thats not you personally making that choice...its your body.....do you see what I am trying to say? original.gif However it IS your choice later on in life whether to eat meat or not..that I will agree with yes.gif

Tastes good thumbsup.gif

I cant say I have ever tried veal...never actually!!!

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 26 May 2006 - 02:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users