Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Meat in your diet

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#46    Doctor_Strangelove

Doctor_Strangelove

Nazi Scientist

• 2,616 posts

• Mein Führer! I can walk!

Posted 26 May 2006 - 04:08 AM

yea buffalo is awsome i had ostrich once not bad. i love squid of man i get it when ever i can. and no one had mentionded jerky yet i love some good jerky, deer, cow, turkey its all so good

Jerky is awsome. Same with sausage and pepperoni sticks.

"Isn't it weird when users quote themselves in their own signatures?"-Doctor_Strangelove

#47    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 26 May 2006 - 04:14 AM

Jerky is awsome. Same with sausage and pepperoni sticks.

The local butcher shop has some of the best jerky in the world. tongue.gif They use all these special spices and such. *drools*

If you are a person with religion and a meat eater, you are following the bible:

Genesis 9:3
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#48    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 26 May 2006 - 04:20 AM

Y'all talking about veal...made it sound good....must try it!!!! I have to LOL ph34r.gif

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#49    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 26 May 2006 - 12:59 PM

If you are a person with religion and a meat eater, you are following the bible:

Genesis 9:3
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

hehehe... Green Herb

Have had rattlesnake, buffalo, alligator, ostrich, various insects...

For some reason I can't stand fish.  It's the only thing that makes me want to puke just from the smell.  I don't understand it, I TRY to like it... just doesn't work for me. sad.gif

Tuna (as long as it has dolphin in it too tongue.gif) smothered with mayo or in a salad I can do, but every other salmon steak, catfish, bass... just can't do it.

#50    robbieb

robbieb

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 01:01 PM

ohm an one time me and two of my cousins and my uncle caught a 315 pound threasher shark in long island. omg that thing tasted amazing and im never swimming in long island again. that shark was monsterous. 315 pounds!!!!!!

#51    skratch

skratch

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

• It is only when we have lost everything that we are free to do anything.

Posted 26 May 2006 - 04:56 PM

Meat tastes wonderful. But.. it is bad for you. Provided you eat your average grocery store meat.

"Fish is good for you...why dont you eat fish?"
Careful now.
Fish that doesnt come from a fish farm is bad for you, because the water on this planet is so polluted now that it gets into the fish. Most fish from fishing boats has high levels of mercury in it.
Nowadays, people tend to think that all these things are so great for them. Back in the day, meat, poultry, and fish were good for you, but now they are pumped full of so much junk that it's creating an array of problems and illnesses within humans.

#52    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,769 posts

• "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" (Freud )

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:06 PM

Meat tastes wonderful. But.. it is bad for you. Provided you eat your average grocery store meat.

Careful now.
Fish that doesnt come from a fish farm is bad for you, because the water on this planet is so polluted now that it gets into the fish. Most fish from fishing boats has high levels of mercury in it.
Nowadays, people tend to think that all these things are so great for them. Back in the day, meat, poultry, and fish were good for you, but now they are pumped full of so much junk that it's creating an array of problems and illnesses within humans.

fish now are being breed to eat corn....its too bad and insane how the oceans are pollutted to the point the life in their is in peril.......

Edited by Sheri berri, 26 May 2006 - 08:23 PM.

#53    skratch

skratch

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:18 PM

As long as you are careful about it, and educate yourself, then you'll be fine.
If you don't care about your health, then, well, this doesn't really apply to you. Enjoy your fast food nation.

#54    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:38 PM

Careful now.

Fish is good for you...and in fact if eaten right it can be slimming....I think I can make my own mind up on that...but hey ty for your views wink2.gif

#55    skratch

skratch

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:51 PM

Fish is good for you...and in fact if eaten right it can be slimming....I think I can make my own mind up on that...but hey ty for your views wink2.gif

No.. see.. I'm telling you fact. You aren't processing it.
This has been on the news, it's been in the paper, it's all over. Ask your doctor, he'll tell you the same.

Fish that is not raised in polluted water is yes, VERY good for you.
I use to LOVE tuna, and then my friend told me not to eat so much. When I asked why, since I always thought it was awesome for me, she showed me an artical about high levels of mercury in fish. So I did some research, and asked my doc. There are also many other pollutants. You have to be really really careful with fish nowadays.

#56    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,769 posts

• "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" (Freud )

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:57 PM

This has been on the news, it's been in the paper, it's all over. Ask your doctor, he'll tell you the same.

I use to LOVE tuna, and then my friend told me not to eat so much. When I asked why, since I always thought it was awesome for me, she showed me an artical about high levels of mercury in fish. So I did some research, and asked my doc. There are also many other pollutants. You have to be really really careful with fish nowadays.

Scratch lets cut geri a break she out of anyone comes on here as a meat eater and is  very resepectful and wants to learn...its alot at first remeber when you were first learning all this it can be overwhelming....Now also she is in another country so there fish supply might be better....but fish is supposed to be good for you no doubt about it .......

i can't eat fish here where I am no way they have signs posted and its harder then heck to get wild so hubby is still a occasional meat eater he just doesn't eat it.....don't want to take a chance.......

#57    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:07 PM

Listen up SCRATCH...I will decide if fish is good enough for me not you or anyone like you understand??

Where I cxome from not every single fishing lake is polluted....

#58    Ravinar

Ravinar

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Location:some where between the majesty of creation and the void of oblivion

• A truly powerful being needs not destroy.

Posted 26 May 2006 - 10:17 PM

hmm.gif hhhmmmmm..... yah i'm pritty sure there is some thing disturbing about those pics. but i cant seem to put my finger on it.....

ps: i'm not trying to be an @$$ no.gif

the human race is at an end and and my soul grows weary. the one thing that could revive it is almost gone and is in no condition to heal me. yet i shall not despair for the light of hope shines even in the greatest darkness. i shall continue to hope.... hope for the days of green and ever lasting love of all things. for those whom think them selfs better shall realize they are not all that is. nor are they in any way better for all life is equal.

#59    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 10:22 PM

hmm.gif hhhmmmmm..... yah i'm pritty sure there is some thing disturbing about those pics. but i cant seem to put my finger on it.....
ps: i'm not trying to be an @$$ no.gif

Yes you are being an ass and an ignorant one to boot.....who the fook do you think you are telling me there is something disturbing about my lil girl....who are you to judge?? hmm.gif

What I find disturbing and downright rude is the likes of you that think you are better and superior than those who like to EAT MEAT...get over yourself bucko disgust.gif and go munch on a carrot sleepy.gif

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 26 May 2006 - 10:26 PM.

#60    Ravinar

Ravinar

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Location:some where between the majesty of creation and the void of oblivion

• A truly powerful being needs not destroy.

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:03 PM

Yes you are being an ass and an ignorant one to boot.....who the fook do you think you are telling me there is something disturbing about my lil girl....who are you to judge?? hmm.gif

What I find disturbing and downright rude is the likes of you that think you are better and superior than those who like to EAT MEAT...get over yourself bucko disgust.gif and go munch on a carrot sleepy.gif

woe calm down huh.gif  i didn't mean to offend you... when i said i could not put my finger on what was disturbing about it i was telling the truth. i eat meat to and i don't think i'm better then any one. i apologize. i have a habit of thinking out loud and some times i offend people when i don't mean to. blush.gif

the human race is at an end and and my soul grows weary. the one thing that could revive it is almost gone and is in no condition to heal me. yet i shall not despair for the light of hope shines even in the greatest darkness. i shall continue to hope.... hope for the days of green and ever lasting love of all things. for those whom think them selfs better shall realize they are not all that is. nor are they in any way better for all life is equal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users