Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Corn fed or grass fed?

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#106    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 22,656 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix.

Posted 04 June 2006 - 11:56 PM

Thankyou scratch  grin2.gif  maybe now robbie will undersand... rolleyes.gif  yes.gif

i too am not affilliated with PETA, i choose vegan for health ...Nothing mysterious about that.....

#107    robbieb

robbieb

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 01:57 AM

Robbie you are simply wrong, mad cow is in a direct result of feeding cow parts to cows, also cows eat corn primarily they have been taught to do that......and fish have been bred to  tolerate corn also......the human body was not meant for mass amounts of meat, dairy sugar or alcohol yet people yet people put this garbage  down there throats all the time...the body wasn't meant to smoke ciggarettes but people do it anyways.....
You are incomplete in your understandings........

omg i was the one who siad u can breed the more tolerant of the animals and now u say it and make it seem like it was ur idea. mad cow is jsut stupid for farmers to grind up mand mix the dead cow in feed for the livings one is just amazing to me. i cant understand why well i can understand why scientificly any anaimal cna live off others of its species because there body cna use every part of it but thats only intheory in reality u are faced with diseases and thel ikes which speread horrible idea. no people were ment for mass amounts of anything sherri u are right espicaly cigaretts(at all) alachol in moderation. im not incomplete in my understandings u jsut apparently dont read my full post because i said way beofre this when the topic got brough up thatu can only brteed the ones who arem ore tolerant to the alien food sources. u cant however changes an entire species feeding habits if u relaease those fish into the wild they wont go looking for corn thats what i ment.

#108    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 22,656 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:08 AM

Another  problem is we have got D students in the food industry, once upon a time the counslers encouraged the A students to go to college..There is  a tremendous brain drain in rural America...of course this suits big coprporations just fine, this way they can extract brain power and capital from the countryside...first they take the best farms and ranchers put em to work in dagwoods office  cubicle and go after the cash of the dimmer ones left behind, by selling them a bunch of gee whiz solutions  to there problems,  rolleyes.gif  one being feeding animals to each other another is pumping antibitoics into animals and another is using pesticides it has created more insect problems than it ever solved.....We have a foolish culture who entrusts its food supply to simpletons...the fast food industry illustrates that nicely.......we have more cancers and health issues then ever before  one of those "  solutions" I was talking on....Irridation is another one and feeding corn to a cow is by far absurd and cruel to say the least...........

Robbie the symbiosis of several differnet animals, in which  each  have been allowed to  behave and eat as they evolved will need very little machinary, or antibiotics or hormones or pesticides or chemicals there will be very little sanitation issues or any of the diseases that come from raising animals in a crowded monoculture and then feeding them things they werent designed to eat...You know the greatest gift of  a biological system is HEALTH....In nature Health is the default Most of the time pests and disease and illness show what is going wrong.......this is why i advocate for a safe food supply, i am invested in my health, my familys health its as  simple as that.....

#109    robbieb

robbieb

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 06:58 PM

sherri evne when we agree u seem to argue with me. i bleive i oftne say that if nature doesnt supply it u dont need it. i belvie i often say nature doesnt allow something to evolve without giving it everything it needs to survive. idk why u insits on arguing with me and say things i have already said.

#110    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 22,656 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 10:07 PM

sherri evne when we agree u seem to argue with me. i bleive i oftne say that if nature doesnt supply it u dont need it. i belvie i often say nature doesnt allow something to evolve without giving it everything it needs to survive. idk why u insits on arguing with me and say things i have already said.

Robbie i'm dialoging, adding to the thread, as the conversation flows.....lol going with the flow  your off on your own trip lol..... rofl.gif

Indeed robbie this is a good point..... thumbsup.gif

Edited by Sheri berri, 05 June 2006 - 10:09 PM.

#111    skratch

skratch

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

• It is only when we have lost everything that we are free to do anything.

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:48 AM

Oh my, you two fight like cats and dogs. wink2.gif
See, we all have our own views. The only way to justify your own point of view is by understanding everyone else's. Robbie, you eat meat for your own reasons I'm sure, and yes, humans can by healthy by eating meat in moderation, but NOT the meat that we get from feed-lots, which is what most people do eat now. If you go out and kill your own wild meat, then that is good for you, and you don't need to justify it. The point Sheri is making, is that feed-lot meat is not healthy.

The problem isn't only the fact that meat isn't healthy though. At least not to me. I feel bad when I eat meat for health reasons, yes, but also because I don't think animals deserve suffering just because they were bred for it. Don't any meat eaters feel guilt because the animal they ate felt extreme amounts of pain, and led a life of anguish? I wouldn't say I'm an animal rights extremist, but I definitely feel what we do to them is very wrong. I don't know why, but I do, and I really can't understand why everyone doesn't feel this way.

#112    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 22,656 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:47 AM

Oh my, you two fight like cats and dogs. wink2.gif
See, we all have our own views. The only way to justify your own point of view is by understanding everyone else's. Robbie, you eat meat for your own reasons I'm sure, and yes, humans can by healthy by eating meat in moderation, but NOT the meat that we get from feed-lots, which is what most people do eat now. If you go out and kill your own wild meat, then that is good for you, and you don't need to justify it. The point Sheri is making, is that feed-lot meat is not healthy.

The problem isn't only the fact that meat isn't healthy though. At least not to me. I feel bad when I eat meat for health reasons, yes, but also because I don't think animals deserve suffering just because they were bred for it. Don't any meat eaters feel guilt because the animal they ate felt extreme amounts of pain, and led a life of anguish? I wouldn't say I'm an animal rights extremist, but I definitely feel what we do to them is very wrong. I don't know why, but I do, and I really can't understand why everyone doesn't feel this way.

Scratch its good to have you in this world who does care so much for animals , there is no need to hurt an animal or harm it by feeding it what isn't for it naturally or confine it or pump it full of hormones or antibiotics..... I'm with you I can't see killing animals anymore, I'm not gonna join PETA but I too can't understand how so many are so blase.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users