Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Corn fed or grass fed?

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#31    robbieb

robbieb

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 10:28 PM

the thing to remember is cows are grazers. they eat any of a number of plants gorwing on the ground. just becuase ur lawn is kentuckey blue grass odenst mean that wild fields are they are a mixture of flowers small shrubs grasses of many types and so on. a cow will go and just grab any food it can when it bites down. they arent discrete on what they eat. and i think i have proven that corn is a grass so when they eat the corn basicly the nutrients in that will be similar to that of and grass. if u siad they are missing diversity thne maby i would agree but corn isnt the problem. and cattle have the same effects on the enviorments as bufflao they wear the groud the same way eat the same parts of the plant and have similar dropings due to the four chambered stomach(and i would liek to point out plants are harder to digest thats why horse and cow and elephant and dropings can be looked at and seen that they have grass sticxking out and stuff. remember elephants often have constipation due ot there high fiber diet) buffalo lived in giant herds too more then the numbers of cattle around now.

#32    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:18 PM

Haha, learn some biology sheri...maybe a HS level course. Cows are HERBIVORES. Last time I checked, herbivores eat GRAINS. Animals just don't eat grass alone. My Grandfather has a farm in India Sheri, you don't have experience in these matters. Throw a banana peel, corn, even some banana leaves and my cows and oxen will eat them up.

Question (one that I would ask Sheri but since sheri dont eat meat i'll ask you)....

Can you tell the difference in the meat from a cow that was grass fed  from the cow that was just fed corn??

I was reading up on it and read that a lot of people can tell the difference

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 30 May 2006 - 11:18 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#33    robbieb

robbieb

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:56 PM

some people cna its weird. some people cant tell the diffrence between 1% and 2% milk i can. if you dont plant the idea in there mind first they wont realise the diffrence. the resason somep eopel cna is because "grass fed" arent only eating grass there eating alot of diffent plants thi gives thme more diversity where as "corn fed" are only getting grass. think aobut this most people wouldnt realise they ate a buffalo steak if no one told them. the people who can tel lthe diffrence eat laot of steak. pick a food u like and eat alot and ull be able to tell if someone changed something.

#34    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:02 AM

some people cna its weird. some people cant tell the diffrence between 1% and 2% milk i can. if you dont plant the idea in there mind first they wont realise the diffrence. the resason somep eopel cna is because "grass fed" arent only eating grass there eating alot of diffent plants thi gives thme more diversity where as "corn fed" are only getting grass. think aobut this most people wouldnt realise they ate a buffalo steak if no one told them. the people who can tel lthe diffrence eat laot of steak. pick a food u like and eat alot and ull be able to tell if someone changed something.

See I can  (well I think I can)...Steak can taste really juicy and hits the spot LOL then sometmes when I eat steak it wont taste as good

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#35    robbieb

robbieb

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:38 AM

that is prolby because u are eating ateak foprm diffrent parts of the body liek a sholder steak is usualy rough. or how the meat was kept or for how long or how it was cooked. not nesicceraly what the cow ate

#36    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:44 AM

I can tell the taste of meat that's had freezer burn.  I call the taste "carrion" heh... still edible tho...

#37    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 31 May 2006 - 01:26 AM

Can you tell the difference in the meat from a cow that was grass fed from the cow that was just fed corn??

No...

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#38    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,714 posts

• The giving of love is an education in itself.
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 31 May 2006 - 01:42 AM

the thing to remember is cows are grazers. they eat any of a number of plants gorwing on the ground. just becuase ur lawn is kentuckey blue grass odenst mean that wild fields are they are a mixture of flowers small shrubs grasses of many types and so on. a cow will go and just grab any food it can when it bites down. they arent discrete on what they eat. and i think i have proven that corn is a grass so when they eat the corn basicly the nutrients in that will be similar to that of and grass. if u siad they are missing diversity thne maby i would agree but corn isnt the problem. and cattle have the same effects on the enviorments as bufflao they wear the groud the same way eat the same parts of the plant and have similar dropings due to the four chambered stomach(and i would liek to point out plants are harder to digest thats why horse and cow and elephant and dropings can be looked at and seen that they have grass sticxking out and stuff. remember elephants often have constipation due ot there high fiber diet) buffalo lived in giant herds too more then the numbers of cattle around now.

Robbie you started out strong than fizzled...You have proved nothing but you don't know that cows aren not natural grain eaters they have been taught to eat grain.... you have proved that you know how tro take what you bleive and twist your logic tofit it......I've explained all this corn is not Basically the same as grass in nutrients....If you are gonna goggle now would be the time.......Again boys do you know what a Rumen is?????

frog you have a story for everything...frog how do you feel about fish being bred to eat corn?????What does a fish eat naturally???? Robbie you clearly donot know of what you speak....i'm moving on to greener pastures lol thanks for the chat boys.....

Geri, I have been a vegan for 4 years, i always thought meat tasted terrible i quit eating beef in the 80's no pork since 79, chicken is too slimy and just doesn't taste good , I actually sort of liked turkey burgers but only occassioinally...fish yuck to dangerous to eat has been for a long time. in the US.... I have probably never had grass fed only corn and its horrible....How can something taste good that isn't rasied on the right feed and the suffering and sicknessthese animls endure not like you grew up with animals that werer loved and cared for............those are the days we are trying to get back....   crying.gif

#39    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 01:54 AM

frog you have a story for everything...frog how do you feel about fish being bred to eat corn?????What does a fish eat naturally????

They don't thumbsup.gif

You have proved nothing but you don't know that cows aren not natural grain eaters they have been taught to eat grain

They are HERBIVORES...THEY EAT GRAINS. What do you not get?

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#40    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 21,714 posts

~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 31 May 2006 - 02:08 AM

They don't thumbsup.gif
They are HERBIVORES...THEY EAT GRAINS. What do you not get?

A herbivore doesn't eat grain (Zea mays indenta)  naturally...  goggle  thumbsup.gif  ...frog are you saying fish don't eat, or they don't eat corn?????they are being bred to eat corn what do you think of that......i get you didn't know that.... frog is ice berg lettuce and spinach the same to you???????Is soy milk and cows milk the same too you??? Why can't you eat grass frog???I bet you think  breast milk and formula basically the same thing frog so you know what a rumen is ......Do you understande the difernce between normal and natural????

Edited by Sheri berri, 31 May 2006 - 02:10 AM.

#41    robbieb

robbieb

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 02:08 AM

yes i know what a rumen is. what i dont tihnk is why u keep bringing it up. the fact that plants are so hard on mammalian digestion that all herbivores hav e developed certain methods of eating them only disproves utr point that people dont need meat if we werem ent to only eat plants we would have our own methond to andle ther food too. weiter it is constant grazing chewing cud 4 stomachs bacteria in the stomach to break it down or what have u but we do not have any of those.

Frogfish apparently sherri is to stuck in her ways ot understand anything new. the expression cant teach an old dog new tricks coems to mind.

#42    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 02:11 AM

A herbivore doesn't eat grain (Zea mays indenta) naturally

Hahaha! Even a Elementary science class will teach that! You are misinformed yes.gif

frog are you saying fish don't eat, or they don't eat corn?????

The latter.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#43    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 21,714 posts

~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 31 May 2006 - 02:37 AM

Frog a cow by NATURE is not a corn eater, it has been a wonder of science to get these herbivores to eat corn......CORN was originally a generic word to describe all grain (late 1600 's)  You are just arguing to argue as always with no real knowledge to support your 'claims' you should know if your uncle is a rancher that cows aren't NATURALLY grain eaters.......You are simply apeing robbie....and then in typical fashion you are using insults to debate...do you have something or not.......
Frog why doesn't a fish eat corn????????

#44    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 31 May 2006 - 01:01 PM

Fish didn't used to eat corn because corn didn't usually grow under water where the fish were.

those are the days we are trying to get back....   crying.gif

Why are you advocating cessation of scientific study??/???  

Why do you want to take us back to the dark ages????questionmark??

original.gif

#45    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 21,714 posts

~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 31 May 2006 - 04:02 PM

Celum are you kidding we are in the dark ages, we are feeding animals feed that isn't there diet, we are knowingly pumping animals full of hormones and antibiotics which would be unnessecary if the animal was raised naturally on food it is suppossed to eat...We have just about run out of oil due to our mass consumption of fossil fuel...We have abused the planet so much our weather patterns are being affected...many are drinking milk that is full of chemicals, eating pesticided fruits ad vege, becasue they can't see the value of payiing and supporting a industry that will benefit them and all others..our health care industry is a disease managment institution.....Americans are the sickest people there are.....Obesity is normal, as is often the situation most don't see beyond the circle they have enclosed themselves in, what you put into your mouth will be you in 15 years I'd love to you  talk then...where do you think the pesticides and chemicals go do you think they magically disappear?????   So you tell me the wonders of science celum ha hah ahahah lol...............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users