Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 5 votes

stare at yourself in the mirror

• Please log in to reply
516 replies to this topic

#16    =Jak=

=Jak=

Telekinetic

• 6,832 posts

• SIMPLICITY

"Avoid hurtful thoughts and bring helpful attitude"

Self sacrifice attitude, kills ego.

Posted 30 May 2006 - 02:21 PM

I heard somewhere that if you stare to your own eyes in a mirror for a long time, you lose a lot of energy. The mirror eyes steal energy from you

This is a simple experiment...  let me try that..  and i will let you know..

G @   C

#17    WereScrib

WereScrib

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 149 posts

• "Then the bowsprit got mixed with the rudder sometimes."
    The Hunting of the Snark

Posted 01 June 2006 - 04:44 AM

Heh heh, if I was a superstitious sort.. I'd ask if you saw a color unlike any other color.. than I'd tell you all the mirror folk are coming! Umm, yesh, but I know... very wierd how that is... its alot like if you clench your eyelids shut long enough you start to see shapes.

"Alien scavengers, identify selfs or face quick obliteration by awesome Squib weaponry, you bet."
--Squib comm officer on the Thrifty

#18    lkayn

lkayn

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:52 AM

Heh heh, if I was a superstitious sort.. I'd ask if you saw a color unlike any other color.. than I'd tell you all the mirror folk are coming! Umm, yesh, but I know... very wierd how that is... its alot like if you clench your eyelids shut long enough you start to see shapes.

XD Thats what I do, and thats true. ^^ I'm afraid of mirrors, but, I feel very curious to try this though. ^^

#19    ThinkFurther

ThinkFurther

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 86 posts

• "Hiragana ("those squiggily letters"), Katakana ("those boxy letters") and Kanji ("roughly 4 million embodiments of your worst nightmares")."

Posted 03 June 2006 - 03:22 AM

i tried for about 5 mins.. Nothing happened.

I think its because your eyes start getting dried out from focusing for so long, and as your eyelids have to keep making them wet again it starts to get more and more blurry.

Life is fair.. People aren't

#20    sora_1

sora_1

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

• It's all Despina to me....

Posted 03 June 2006 - 05:02 PM

Its very interesting!
I'll have to try even if i scared mirrors!

Posted Image

#21    stickman_sam

stickman_sam

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 04:32 AM

I tried that before, and I get freaked out by MY OWN eyes!
They just look scary...
Also, my eyes are strange..because everytime I try to focus on something, it turns double. So yeh, it might be my eyes playing tricks on me...

#22    ThinkFurther

ThinkFurther

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 86 posts

• "Hiragana ("those squiggily letters"), Katakana ("those boxy letters") and Kanji ("roughly 4 million embodiments of your worst nightmares")."

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:40 AM

I tried that before, and I get freaked out by MY OWN eyes!
They just look scary...
Also, my eyes are strange..because everytime I try to focus on something, it turns double. So yeh, it might be my eyes playing tricks on me...

that's because your eyes aren't both looking at the same thing. So they send your brain two different pictures, which get overlapped.

Normally both eyes focus on one exact point, and they both send a picture that overlaps, and has a little extra on the edges.  

Like if you hold your finger up a foot from your eye it will double because you arent focusing at that depth, so your eyes see it in 2 different ways. then if you focus at your finger, the background will double.

Life is fair.. People aren't

#23    sora_1

sora_1

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:48 PM

so....i tried it and nothing special happend!
My eyes just get tired!

Posted Image

#24    Bosanchero

Bosanchero

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:54 PM

hahha funny how many people are AFRAID OF THEMSELFS, lolplus everyone keeps admiting that they look WIERD in a mirrorr, well i am very hot in reall life and in my mirrors and i love them tongue.gif i would stare in my own eyes for 5-10 minutes but i am afraid i might fall in love all over again original.gif

Heaven won't have me and Hell's afraid I'll take over

View Postwhen.i.am.queen., on Jan 10 2007, 06:57 AM, said:

Here is a crazy thought

... perhaps.....not?

#25    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,085 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:58 PM

One wierd thing to try is to go into a room where you can make it completely dark, have the light on and stare into a mirror for about 10 seconds, and then without looking away turn the light off for about 10 seconds, then flick the light on and off as fast as you can and everything around you will glow for a couple of seconds. yes.gif

#26    The right hand of sanct

The right hand of sanct

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 03:16 PM

hahha funny how many people are AFRAID OF THEMSELFS, lolplus everyone keeps admiting that they look WIERD in a mirrorr, well i am very hot in reall life and in my mirrors and i love them tongue.gif i would stare in my own eyes for 5-10 minutes but i am afraid i might fall in love all over again original.gif

Vain much?

"There is no evil but belief in evil"

#27    antigravity

antigravity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 07:17 PM

so....i tried it and nothing special happend!
My eyes just get tired!

I guess it doesn't work for everyone no.gif
Maybe it's like those stupid "mind's eye" 3d posters that were popular a few years ago. Some people saw it right away, others never did wink2.gif

#28    War-Junkie

War-Junkie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:19 PM

One wierd thing to try is to go into a room where you can make it completely dark, have the light on and stare into a mirror for about 10 seconds, and then without looking away turn the light off for about 10 seconds, then flick the light on and off as fast as you can and everything around you will glow for a couple of seconds. yes.gif

are u serious i wana try that

#29    KB8

KB8

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

• KB-81
    1/22/06

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:47 PM

Im not necessarily speaking about this topic, but in urban legends general, has anyone looked through all this and saw all the bull that people come up with. Lmao I dont mean people from the UM forums but articles that people have found and quotes and stuff. laugh.gif  SO many dumb people these days no.gif

Meow

#30    sora_1

sora_1

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 03:01 PM

I think its a bit difficult to do this,and offcurse scary devil.gif

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users