Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 5 votes

stare at yourself in the mirror

• Please log in to reply
517 replies to this topic

#76    Scallion77

Scallion77

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

• "CAMELOT!!!"

"It's only a model..."

Posted 24 September 2006 - 06:19 PM

I just tried staring at myself in the mirror and nothing too weird has happened to be honest.

The most common thing is that my face looks like it's start to expand and contract slowly while becoming red, basically as if I were to Hulk out.

The strangest thing was my chin dropped down 7 inches and it looked as though the lower part of my face melted into a flesh beard.

#77    flash89

flash89

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

• I'd rather live as a lion for a year, then a sheep for a thousand

Posted 25 September 2006 - 01:32 PM

ive just done this and anfta about 4 minutes i felt my self getting frawn into the mirror...moving closer to it...and thn my face started to change but thn got freaked out and looked away...it is wierd but i dnt now if you can but it down to anything...it cud just be trick of the mind

I'd Rather Live As A Lion For A Year Than As A Sheep For A Thousand

#78    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

• ~*★*~Engine of destruction~*★*~

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:53 PM

What exactly are you guys smoking before you stare at yourself???  It's just a mirror for crying out loud!!

#79    boemba

boemba

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:51 PM

What exactly are you guys smoking before you stare at yourself???  It's just a mirror for crying out loud!!

Uhm, just weed so i should be fine...

#80    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

Ancient Order of Hibernians Grand Master

• 3,339 posts

• A neoconservative is a "liberal mugged by reality," one who became more conservative after seeing the results of liberal policies.Iriving Kristol

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:04 PM

I tried it and my face melted.

Posted ImageBlurring and Stirring the truth and the lies

So I don't know what's real and what's not
Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore
I'm dying again

#81    antigravity

antigravity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:38 PM

Did you actually try it Cold? You have to do it for about five minutes, you'll see what everyone is talking about.

#82    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

• ~*★*~Engine of destruction~*★*~

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:58 PM

Did you actually try it Cold? You have to do it for about five minutes, you'll see what everyone is talking about.

Yes.  It's just a reflection.  Like I said before I alternated between falling in love and getting incredibly bored.   hmm.gif

#83    zillarancher

zillarancher

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:20 PM

I've attempted to do it in the past, but all those stupid stories like Bloody Mary and stuff got me scared of mirrors for life.  Even if I don't beleive in it, a mirror at night is something that I would rather do without.  I think I'll "check myself out" tonight, but if I die of fright it's your fault!  no.gif  lol.

#84    RoofWindow

RoofWindow

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 01:19 PM

i dig out this topic, because i tried this thing too...
well, i concentrated into my eyes on the mirror about 1 minute. then my mouth and nose started to fade away and after that my whole face dissapeared. no eyes, no nose, no mouth, just skin and hair. i lost my concentration and my face was back again.
well, im shaking a bit right now, it was creepy. it was a kind of dark too.

next time, ill try with a little bit more light and i try to look longer and together with somebody :/

it's a good topic tongue.gif

#85    Method

Method

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

• Bush & Cheney 2004

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:00 PM

I usually get incredibly frightened looking into my own eyes.It's like realising you exist!

Ok, that's good you noticed that.

It's an after image your eyes, create just as you can see images if you stare long enough after you close your eyes.

#86    fangs

fangs

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:20 PM

I was on acid one time and did it, i laughed for hours. w00t.gif

#87    ImaLoner

ImaLoner

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:04 PM

Well, I just finished trying this.  I have gazed in black mirrors before (but you don't really try to look at yourself, but try to see events, scry, etc.).  When I just now looked into my bathroom mirror for quite a bit, what did I see?  I saw my aura.  It was white closest to my body, with a tinge of pale blue further out, that bled into a pale greenish blue (kind of turquoise, I suppose).  It did seem that my head moved in the mirror (ever so slightly from side to side), but I hadn't really moved.  And a tunnel type effect (which was probably from my eyes gazing so long).  When I looked away, though, I saw something like an image (for lack of better term), that was the shape of a head and shoulders, but was very small, and no matter what I looked at, I saw it on different objects, until it just went away.  But, most likely similar to shutting your eyes real tight and seeing stars even after you open them (or that old trick where you look at this image for a while and when you close your eyes, you see Jesus).  Pretty neat, and except for the aura part, which appeared almost immediately after i began gazing, I'd say it was all a trick of the eye (at least for me, anyway).  Who knows what I may have seen, though, had I stared longer.  Not trying to discredit those who have seen things, their experiences were probably very real to them, and there may be something supernatural to it.  I may try this again at another time.

Also, I'm really trying to understand what makes people so afraid of mirrors.  I have this theory that it dates back to the dawn of modern man.  When modern man first saw his own reflection in water, did he think it was unnatural and wig out?  I'm betting so.  It could be that the fears we have of reflections/reflective surfaces is one that is deep-seated, dating back to our own primitive fears.  Something to ponder anyway.

#88    Samael

Samael

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

• Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. - Dana Scully, The X-Files

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:10 PM

When I do it, my nose seems to bulge and my head seems to shrink. Funny, but not scary.

Posted Image

Attempting to sound vaguely intellectual since 2006

#89    gamefreak_311

gamefreak_311

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:41 PM

I did once. scared the hell out of myself. I saw some weird things in the mirrors. Now I don't really like mirrors crying.gif

what things did u see??

#90    Razi

Razi

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

• Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see. - John Lenon

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:37 PM

I tried it and wasted 3 minutes of my life.......

Maybe it just doesn't work on me....but then again, maybe all of you are smoking something...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users