Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

my moon landing theory and evidence

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
372 replies to this topic

#46    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:55 AM

No, I did not go to the moon, psyche. There were 12 very special men who walked there. In fact, there were many very special and equally qualified men who flew these, and all the Apollo missions in addition to the 12 who actually landed, and there were hundreds of people who worked in Mission Control and in the back rooms who were equally responsible and equally as special in their abilities (many of whom I considered role models)...as well as the hundreds of thousands of others who worked their hearts out on their respective areas.

For my part I prefer not to delve into my past history. I will say that Mercury, Gemini and Apollo shaped my life and character, and I was priveleged to be around in that fantastic time in history. I just know something about it, and I like to help others understand what happened, both from a technical standpoint (while attempting not to be inaccessible), and from an emotional standpoint...because believe me, that was an emotional effort!

Words of an honorable man...

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#47    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 01 June 2006 - 02:53 AM

Words of an honorable man...

Agreed yes.gif

And thank you for your time and response MID thumbsup.gif And to all of mission control and the marvellous efforts of these real life heroes.

More valuable shared talent and knowledge in UM. thumbsup.gif This place gets better all the time. yes.gif

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#48    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:37 PM

Agreed yes.gif

And thank you for your time and response MID thumbsup.gif And to all of mission control and the marvellous efforts of these real life heroes.

More valuable shared talent and knowledge in UM. thumbsup.gif This place gets better all the time. yes.gif

You are most welcome, psyche...

You folks humble me.  

What I really hope for is that punkmonkey will come back and question things, as I've asked.

The fun part of things like this forum is that occasionally, someone can learn something.  That of course takes individual effort, but I cannot see how learning something, coming to an understanding of what, why, and how, can't be fun.

Thanks again to everyone! blush.gif

#49    earthchick

earthchick

Geek of the Forest

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

• I have CDO - that's like OCD, only in alphabetical order, as it should be.

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:57 AM

What I really hope for is that punkmonkey will come back and question things, as I've asked.

I hope he does too. I've learned several things already from this thread, the websites listed and from you MID. This has turned into a very interesting topic.  thumbsup.gif

Posted Image

#50    punkmonkey123

punkmonkey123

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:28 PM

im baaaaaaaaack.....

i havent been on for a while because i got world of warcraft and was playing it, i do happen to ask why it was that we would drive to on place where we started driving (or walking, i cannot remember) as show in the pictures on page one, it also seem wierd to me that in one picture of a mountan, you can see the LEM, and in a picture of the SAME mountan, the LEM base (which should still be there) is gone

alot of people here think im crazy, i can tell by thier messages, but it is not as bad as this theory for flu shots that say" flu shots are given to us on christmas every year so we think we have no time to buy presents and spend all of our money buy presents....." LMFAO!!!!!!!

#51    Master Sage

Master Sage

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

• DRAGONZ!!!!

Posted 02 June 2006 - 09:01 PM

Why do people doubt the moon landings? I think it would be better use of time to go find some soviet UFO files or somthing.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#52    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:23 PM

im baaaaaaaaack.....

... i do happen to ask why it was that we would drive to on place where we started driving (or walking, i cannot remember) as show in the pictures on page one...

... it also seem wierd to me that in one picture of a mountan, you can see the LEM, and in a picture of the SAME mountan, the LEM base (which should still be there) is gone

I'm not really sure what you mean by your first statement above.   You'll have to clarify that for me.   I mean, the guys drove where they drove because the places were far away that they drove...otherwise, we wouldn't have needed the LRV.  They drove to a site, got off, walked about to various surrounding places, did their thing, got back in and drove to the next station and so forth.

You seem to be addressing the rather commonly known images that show what appears to be an identical background and a very different foreground.

But the LM should in no way be there in the first picture of the boulder field.  That boulder field was a ways off from where the LM sat.  

The explanation for these may surprize you!

Both are Apollo 17 images, taken looking toward the western horizon during EVA 2.  Visible in both are the South Massif on the left, Family Mountain in the center, and the edge of the North Massif on the right.

In the boulder field photo (AS17-145-22174), you're looking at a view of the boulders that lie on the edge of Camelot Crater, a crater located about 3000 feet west of the LM.  In this picture, the LM is behind the photographer about 3000 feet away.  

In the other image you show, with the LM in it, you're looking in essentially the same direction, but this time, the camera is about 3200 feet from where the prior photo was taken, behind the LM, looking at the same background.   You can't see the crater, or the boulder field because they are now some 3000 feet out there in front of the LM.

The second image is a video frame as well, with a different field of view and a different resolution than the Hassleblad photo taken during EVA 2.  Thus, there's alot more detail in the Hassleblad image.

The mountains, and every other distant object on the surface of the moon, pose a special problem with depth perception.   This is because there is no atmosphere there.  Atmosphere on earth aids in our depth perception capabilities because it hazes over objects in the distance.  That doesn't happen on the moon, so things that are far away tend to look very clear, and deceptively closer than they would on earth.  Additionally, there are no familiar objects between the observer and a mountain in the distance on the moon, so as to help distinguish relative distance and size.

In the first boulder field picture, those mountain tops you see in the distance are over 4 miles away from the camera, believe it or not.   In the picture with the LM in it, they are a bit over 4 1/2 miles away.  

There isn't much difference in the way they look, despite the fact that you're not really comparing photos here, but rather a photo with a video frame.   But the point is that the 3000 foot difference doesn't make too much difference in the appearance of the mountains, because they are very far away from the LM.  

Did you know in the LRV, driving along at top speed, it took the crew about an hour to drive to the base of that mountain on the left?   Well, it did.   It's pretty far off.

I hope this explains the different foregrounds in the pictures. In the boulder picture, you're about 12-13% closer to the mountains in the distance than the video frame, and the mountains are about 4.5 miles away, despite the fact that they look like you ought to be able to walk there in relatively short order.

The moon is an alien world in just about every respect.

#53    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:24 PM

I hope he does too. I've learned several things already from this thread, the websites listed and from you MID. This has turned into a very interesting topic.  thumbsup.gif

Thanks, earthchick.
It's pretty interesting stuff, isn't it?

#54    The right hand of sanct

The right hand of sanct

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:32 PM

I agree, I've read up on both sides and it would appear those bastards faked the landing happy.gif.

"There is no evil but belief in evil"

#55    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:40 PM

I agree, I've read up on both sides and it would appear those bastards faked the landing happy.gif.

You've read "both sides"?
And it appears "those bastards faked the landing"?

Naaa, can't be.
You didn't read both sides.

Just my opinion, but otherwise, a very contributory post!

#56    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,442 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:44 PM

The mountains, and every other distant object on the surface of the moon, pose a special problem with depth perception.   This is because there is no atmosphere there.  Atmosphere on earth aids in our depth perception capabilities because it hazes over objects in the distance.  That doesn't happen on the moon, so things that are far away tend to look very clear, and deceptively closer than they would on earth...

I never thought about the effects of haze on a person's depth preception! Cool information!  cool.gif  

QUOTE("The right hand of sanct")
I agree, I've read up on both sides and it would appear those bastards faked the landing

Apparently, you haven't read enough.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#57    punkmonkey123

punkmonkey123

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 01:24 AM

i am starting to ask one other thing. a doctor said that the astronaust would have died from radiation unless confined in 6lb thick lead walls, how did they passit with bareley any radiation exposure?

#58    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,178 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 03 June 2006 - 01:56 AM

i am starting to ask one other thing. a doctor said that the astronaust would have died from radiation unless confined in 6lb thick lead walls, how did they passit with bareley any radiation exposure?

It depends on the source of radiation he was talking about.

If it the van Allen belts that the doctor was referring to then the answer is that they didn't spend enough time in them. Radiation sickness is dependent on the dosage and the exposure time (this is the reason why you are safe when you have an x-ray but the radiologist will retreat behind a lead shield). You would not want to spend a long time in a spacecraft orbiting inside the van Allen belts. Eventually you would receive a lethal radiation dose and die. Apollo, however, shot through the van Allen belts at very high speed. As a result they simply did not spend enough time within them to receive a harmful radiation dose.

If the source of radiation is from solar flares then it is true that had a solar flare occured while astronauts were on the moon they would have died. There was no such flare during any of the landings. The six missions which landed spent less than two weeks on the lunar furface in a 3 year period. They would have been extremely unlucky to have been caught by such a flare.

When NASA returns to the moon one of it's aims is to set up a moon base. With astronauts on the moon for long periods radiation exposure and solar flares will become a problem so NASA will have to provide shielding.

Incidently punkmonkey123 in your original post you said:

i have a special theory on how we faked the moon landing
we launched into space and rotated the moon several days.... we then had several actors on a set in area 51 pretend they were on the moon. we then launched back to earth unharmed......

If it is impossible to pass through the van Allen belts your own theory falls, as it requires the Apollo spacecraft to reach lunar orbit.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf, 03 June 2006 - 02:08 AM.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#59    Moon*Ghost

Moon*Ghost

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:08 AM

no offense but these are not your theories on the fake moon landing, they have been floating around the internet for years..

#60    Moon*Ghost

Moon*Ghost

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:29 AM

Has anyone read about the whole ham radio conspiracy? While the moon landing was being broadcast, Neil Armstrong apparently made a comment about a UFO sitting on the edge of a crater. The live broadcast then was cut and went dead for a few minutes. It resumed a little while later.
However, people with ham radios still heard the feed without the interruption. Neil apparently was scared over a UFO and NASA was trying to calm him down.
Apparently, they were warned not to come back to the moon, and we haven't since.
This also leads us to the whole Hollow Moon Theory. Some theorize the moon is a giant artificial space station and is hollow. There are openings in the moon on the dark side. One question to ask is the impossiblity of the moon being in perfect alignment to cause total sun eclipses. A trait no other planet can boast of.
Another odd happening is this: Scientists were reading siesmic measures on the moon. Something hit the moon at the time of the readings, and the moon 'rang" like a bell for several hours after the impact. As if it were hollow. Also when digging on the moon, the astronauts hit metal and could not dig any deeper.

Edited by xymox1971, 03 June 2006 - 06:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users