Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

my moon landing theory and evidence

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
372 replies to this topic

#76    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 34,222 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:30 PM

Some, like this page you guide the reader to, provide utter falsifications...including the photo of Neil Armstrong taken by Buzz Aldrin which appears at the top of the page.

That photo, like all of the conversations printed beneath it, does not exist.

Actually MID, this photo is one of the few things on that site which is at least partly true, although it is cropped to make it look like a close-up, but it is of Armstrong.

From theNASA / GSFC Apollo 30th Aniversary Site:

user posted image

Armstrong was photographed here at the Modular Equipment Stowage Assembly (MESA) on the lunar module, packing the bulk rock and soil sample he had collected. Aldrin took this picture as part of a series of panoramas of the area around the Tranquility Base landing site. Armstrong is in the shadow of the lunar module, details can only be seen with processing, making the sunlit surface directly behind the LM appear very bright.
(NASA photo ID AS11-40-5886)

I hope I never again have to take the side of Cosmic Conspiracies over MID, it leaves a real bad taste in my mouth.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#77    ivytheplant

ivytheplant

Knows what you're up to

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

• Nothing is impossible, only improbable.

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:51 PM

Actually, the moon is tidally locked with earth...that's why you always see one side.

Either way, the moon is not the Death Star.

And saying the moon's position is proof of it and a "scientific impossibility" is so...so...ridiculous I don't even know where to begin.

See? I knew I didn't want to start saying anything in this thread or I'd just bang my head against the table and wish I could throttle certain people.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

#78    punkmonkey123

punkmonkey123

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:59 PM

man... my topic is becoming better than television!!

i am starting to read textbooks alot to see if i am atleast prtly right, so far, i am about 1/100 right. i will read more.

#79    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,264 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:59 PM

Actually, the moon is tidally locked with earth...that's why you always see one side.

Re-read what I said:"We donít see that rotation because the moon rotates at the same rate as it revolves around our Earth...that's why we only see the one side."

What I said describes tidal lock. The moon does both revolve and rotate, from our perspective (the Earth) we only view one side.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#80    ivytheplant

ivytheplant

Knows what you're up to

• 1,509 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 11:08 PM

MID,

I was going to PM you, but it says your mailbox is full. I have a couple questions that I was hoping you could answer for me.

#81    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,264 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 04 June 2006 - 12:44 AM

Here's a great example that illustrates how the moon does rotate, yet how only one side is visible to us on Earth.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#82    boorite

boorite

Tub of Goo

• Closed
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 04:09 AM

i am starting to read textbooks alot to see if i am atleast prtly right, so far, i am about 1/100 right. i will read more.

1%? I'd say you're scoring far below chance levels. That's an achievement of sorts.

MID knows what he's talking about. We're all privileged to participate in a conversation with him.

I remember the first moon landings. I knew people even then who thought they were faked. Even though my age was in the single digits, I was shocked at how bizarre and, well, stupid the idea seemed.

#83    punkmonkey123

punkmonkey123

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:13 AM

user posted image

wierd stuff in this photo.... care to explain?

#84    ivytheplant

ivytheplant

Knows what you're up to

• 1,509 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:18 AM

The astronaut is wearing WHITE. The ground is DARK. When you put a WHITE thing and a DARK thing in shadow, the WHITE thing is still brighter than the DARK thing. Go outside mom's basement someday and test this!

The flag on the left is moving because of MOMENTUM. There is NO AIR on the moon to offer RESISTANCE so anything that moves will CONTINUE to do so LONG AFTER it would have stopped on earth.

The flag on the right, with the astronaut is moving because THE ASTRONAUT IS MOVING IT!

As for the "rolled up piec of paper..... LOL," you're right. That's definite proof that the moon is really the Death Star and we were never there, though Buzz Aldrin met aliens on the side of a crater.

#85    punkmonkey123

punkmonkey123

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:49 AM

i just thouth that it was funny that it looked like a pice of paper... god!

#86    ivytheplant

ivytheplant

Knows what you're up to

• 1,509 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:52 AM

That's it? You have no response against anything else?

What other evidence do you have for us? I can't wait, really.

#87    punkmonkey123

punkmonkey123

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:32 AM

why do you have to be so sardastic about things?

why cant you just accept i think we didnt go to the moon and leave it at that. i thank MID for explaing things to me, but you being sarcastic and arragant. thats typical flaming.

why is it that when i flame i get warend but when people do it to me, they dont?

#88    Mr Supertypo

Mr Supertypo

Hi...

• 1,878 posts

• I'll be back....

Posted 04 June 2006 - 12:57 PM

why cant you just accept i think we didnt go to the moon and leave it at that. i thank MID for explaing things to me, but you being sarcastic and arragant. thats typical flaming.

why is it that when i flame i get warend but when people do it to me, they dont?

so u think! I see...that explaines a lot!  thumbsup.gif

I guess you should leave science to the adult people, and concentrate yourself on cartoon network instead  w00t.gif

Finally got my black belt....

#89    Bosanchero

Bosanchero

Psychic Spy

• 1,450 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:13 PM

i mean seriouslly, we are sitting here beliving that ALIENS come visit us across the galaxies yet it is hard to belive we lended on a moon (rock throw away)

huh.gif  hmm.gif

Heaven won't have me and Hell's afraid I'll take over

when.i.am.queen., on Jan 10 2007, 06:57 AM, said:

Here is a crazy thought

... perhaps.....not?

#90    ivytheplant

ivytheplant

Knows what you're up to

• 1,509 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 06:31 PM

I'm sarcastic because so far I have not seen one shred of "evidence" on the faked moon landing theory that can't be solved with 6th grade general science, high school astronomy, or general common sense. I'm not being arrogant, I'm being frustrated that people even think the "evidence" is valid. They harp on stupid little things that make no sense and require theories so fantastical, I can't believe that they pick that over something so simple as a moon landing. It's just as bad as the guy (Rene) who thinks a hair caught on the film is proof that the moon rocks were props in a set. Did he even bother to talk to propsmasters to find out if that was correct? No. He found something equivalent to dust on a camera lens and is using it as a main piece of evidence without even looking up the information.

Before you post "evidence" like the age of the moon rocks versus earth's (6th grade geology), the astronaut still "visible" while in shadow (that was a common sense thing, btw), or anything that anyone who knows anything about basic physics can tell you (rocket take-off), I'd suggest you look the information up yourself and verify it.

You can believe the moon landing was a hoax all you want. Just don't use baseless crap as your "evidence" that can be easily disproven by a 6th grader with a 10 year old science book.

i mean seriouslly, we are sitting here beliving that ALIENS come visit us across the galaxies yet it is hard to belive we lended on a moon (rock throw away)

huh.gif  hmm.gif

HAHAHA! Oh man, I know. I still can't believe that people would rather believe the moon is the Death Star than we landed on it. I mean, that would be damned cool, but still...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users