Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

my moon landing theory and evidence

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
372 replies to this topic

#91    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 04 June 2006 - 07:17 PM

MID I am not the one who made this stuff up. I was merely directing people to it. While others here have praised your intelligence, I find you a bit condescending. Also there have been many scientists who state the placement of the moon, in a natural development,  in its current orbit, is a scientific impossibility. YOU need to read up more on this before you discredit it.  And how do you explain the rock and soil from the moon tests older than earth rocks and soil? Human error? I will try and supply more information for you to read and discredit.
Also the moon does not revolve like the earth does, so one side always faces the earth, or did you even know that as well??

Based on other responses posted by some of our astute members, I believe your points have been adequately addressed.

I know you were directing people to "this stuff", and that you didn't make it up.  I was addressing what you were directing people to.  Not you; it.  You mistake direct and to the point comments as being condescending.  I am merely telling you what's up with that place and that it is a repository of bad "information" (sometimes, we get a bit tired addressing the same-old-same-old...forgive me if I was too blunt and direct about it).  

Now, to tell me that I need to read up on this before I discredit it, and ask me a question regarding the moons rotation in the fashion you did, is in fact a little condescending, and a bit silly...as if I hadn't learned about the moons rotation long before I started learning about spaceflight, and all that associated stuff...which was decades and decades ago...

By the way, what does the fact that the moon rotates and revolves around the earth in a fashion that always presents one face toward the earth have to do with anything anyway?

#92    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 04 June 2006 - 07:27 PM

[attachmentid=26130]

Actually MID, this photo is one of the few things on that site which is at least partly true, although it is cropped to make it look like a close-up, but it is of Armstrong.

From theNASA / GSFC Apollo 30th Aniversary Site:

user posted image

Waspie...

That's not it, pal.
This photo you show is in fact real, as you state...the only full view of Neil taken on the moon by Buzz (AS11-40-5886).

I was referring to the fake that Cosmic uses at the top of their UFO conversations page.  
I've stuck up top so you can see what I'm referring to.

Attached Thumbnails

• UFOHOV.jpg

#93    Moon*Ghost

Moon*Ghost

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 07:30 PM

After hundreds of years of detailed observation and study, our closest companion in the vast universe, Earth’s moon, remains an enigma.  Six moon landings and hundreds of experiments have resulted in more questions being asked than answered.  Among them:

1.  Moon’s Age:  The moon is far older than previously expected.  Maybe even older than the Earth or the Sun.  The oldest age for the Earth is estimated to be 4.6 billion years old; moon rocks were dated at 5.3 billion years old, and the dust upon which they were resting was at least another billion years older.

2.  Rock’s Origin:  The chemical composition of the dust upon which the rocks sat differed remarkably from the rocks themselves, contrary to accepted theories that the dust resulted from weathering and breakup of the rocks themselves.  The rocks had to have come from somewhere else.

3.  Heavier Elements on Surface:  Normal planetary composition results in heavier elements in the core and lighter materials at the surface; not so with the moon.  According to Wilson, "The abundance of refractory elements like titanium in the surface areas is so pronounced that several geologists proposed the refractory compounds were brought to the moon’s surface in great quantity in some unknown way.  They don’t know how, but that it was done cannot be questioned." (Emphasis added).

4.  Water Vapor:  On March 7, 1971, lunar instruments placed by the astronauts recorded a vapor cloud of water passing across the surface of the moon.  The cloud lasted 14 hours and covered an area of about 100 square miles.

5.  Magnetic Rocks:  Moon rocks were magnetized.  This is odd because there is no magnetic field on the moon itself.  This could not have originated from a "close call" with Earth—such an encounter would have ripped the moon apart.

6.  No Volcanoes:  Some of the moon’s craters originated internally, yet there is no indication that the moon was ever hot enough to produce volcanic eruptions.

7.  Moon Mascons:   Mascons, which are large, dense, circular masses lying twenty to forty miles beneath the centers of the moon’s maria, "are broad, disk-shaped objects that could be possibly some kind of artificial construction.  For huge circular disks are not likely to be beneath each huge maria, centered like bull’s-eyes in the middle of each, by coincidence or accident." (Emphasis added).

8.  Seismic Activity:  Hundreds of "moonquakes" are recorded each year that cannot be attributed to meteor strikes.  In November, 1958, Soviet astronomer Nikolay A. Kozyrev of the Crimean  Astrophysical Observatory  photographed a gaseous eruption of the moon near the crater Alphonsus.  He also detected a reddish glow that lasted for about an hour.  In 1963, astronomers at the Lowell Observatory also saw reddish glows on the crests of ridges in the Aristarchus region.  These observations have proved to be precisely identical and periodical, repeating themselves as the moon moves closer to the Earth.  These are probably not natural phenomena.

9.  Hollow Moon:  The moon’s mean density is 3.34 gm/cm3 (3.34 times an equal volume of water) whereas the Earth’s is 5.5.  What does this mean?  In 1962, NASA scientist Dr. Gordon MacDonald stated, "If the astronomical data are reduced, it is found that the data require that the interior of the moon is more like a hollow than a homogeneous sphere."   Nobel chemist Dr. Harold Urey suggested the moon’s reduced density is because of large areas inside the moon where is "simply a cavity."  MIT’s Dr. Sean C. Solomon wrote, "the Lunar Orbiter experiments vastly improved our knowledge of the moon’s gravitational field . . . indicating the frightening possibility that the moon might be hollow."   In Carl Sagan’s treatise, Intelligent Life in the Universe, the famous astronomer stated, "A natural satellite cannot be a hollow object."

10.  Moon Echoes:  On November 20, 1969, the Apollo 12 crew jettisoned the lunar module ascent stage causing it to crash onto the moon.  The LM’s impact (about 40 miles from the Apollo 12 landing site) created an artificial moonquake with startling characteristics—the moon reverberated like a bell for more than an hour.  This phenomenon was repeated with Apollo 13 (intentionally commanding the third stage to impact the moon), with even more startling results.  Seismic instruments recorded that the reverberations lasted for three hours and twenty minutes and traveled to a depth of twenty-five miles, leading to the conclusion that the moon has an unusually light—or even no—core.

11.  Unusual Metals:  The moon’s crust is much harder than presumed.  Remember the extreme difficulty the astronauts encountered when they tried to drill into the maria?  Surprise!  The maria is composed primarily illeminite, a mineral containing large amounts of titanium, the same metal used to fabricate the hulls of deep-diving submarines and the skin of the SR-71 "Blackbird".  Uranium 236 and neptunium 237 (elements not found in nature on Earth) were discovered in lunar rocks, as were rustproof iron particles.

12.  Moon’s Origin:  Before the astronauts’ moon rocks conclusively disproved the theory, the moon was believed to have originated when a chunk of Earth broke off eons ago (who knows from where?).  Another theory was that the moon was created from leftover "space dust" remaining after the Earth was created.  Analysis of the composition of moon rocks disproved this theory also.  Another popular theory is that the moon was somehow "captured" by the Earth’s gravitational attraction.  But no evidence exists to support this theory.  Isaac Asimov, stated, "It’s too big to have been captured by the Earth.  The chances of such a capture having been effected and the moon then having taken up nearly circular orbit around our Earth are too small to make such an eventuality credible."

13.  Weird Orbit:  Our moon is the only moon in the solar system that has a stationary, near-perfect circular orbit.  Stranger still, the moon’s center of mass is about 6000 feet closer to the Earth than its geometric center (which should cause wobbling), but the moon’s bulge is on the far side of the moon, away from the Earth.  "Something" had to put the moon in orbit with its precise altitude, course, and speed.
14.  Moon Diameter:  How does one explain the "coincidence" that the moon is just the right distance, coupled with just the right diameter, to completely cover the sun during an eclipse?  Again, Isaac Asimov responds, "There is no astronomical reason why the moon and the sun should fit so well.  It is the sheerest of coincidences, and only the Earth among all the planets is blessed in this fashion."

15.  Spaceship Moon:  As outrageous as the Moon-Is-a-Spaceship Theory is, all of the above items are resolved if one assumes that the moon is a gigantic extraterrestrial craft, brought here eons ago by intelligent beings.  This is the only theory that is supported by all of the data, and there are no data that contradict this theory.

#94    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 07:32 PM

MID,

I was going to PM you, but it says your mailbox is full. I have a couple questions that I was hoping you could answer for me.

ivy...

Sorry.  I've cleared my mailbox now.  Ask away as you see fit.

#95    Moon*Ghost

Moon*Ghost

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 07:33 PM

by MID"By the way, what does the fact that the moon rotates and revolves around the earth in a fashion that always presents one face toward the earth have to do with anything anyway?"

I don't know why did you bring it up? I know there is no real dark side of the moon. Yes, I know all parts of the moon are exposed to sun at one point. I meant there is a far side of the moon however that is never seen by human eyes from earth.

#96    Moon*Ghost

Moon*Ghost

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 07:36 PM

Also, it is fact, as far as current human knowledge, that our moon is unique in its position, no other planet has a moon like ours, one that is in the position to its host.

#97    Moon*Ghost

Moon*Ghost

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 07:38 PM

Also, it is fact, as far as current human knowledge, that our moon is unique in its position, no other planet has a moon like ours, one that is in the position to its host.

as for that, many astronomers and scientists agree, as well as your old philosphers, the moon is like no other moon known to man and its placement is a phenomenom.
I never stated the moon was the death star. Some of you are being total asses in making fun of people. I never said it was hollow either. I am saying there are a lot of really odd statistics about the moon. Enough to make one wonder. This goes back to Aristotles and Plato and has been written throughout history.  And no, you are 100% wrong in stating other moons are in the same orbits and positions, because they are not.

Edited by xymox1971, 04 June 2006 - 08:22 PM.

#98    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:03 PM

user posted image

wierd stuff in this photo.... care to explain?

Sure!

I think you're kidding with me, punk,  right?

You see the support rod through the top of the flag.  OK.  
But you don't see the flag waving, of course.  This is a still photo, so no motion is perceptible.   What you see is a wrinkled nylon flag hanging there, absolutely still in the lunar vacuum.  And, it looks curiously the same as it does in every other photo that shows that flag on the lunar surface during apollo 11.

Of course, the solar wind composition experiment is standing there, facing the sun catching particles.   This is the "rolled up piece of paper" thing.   It was actually a rolled piece of aluminum foil, deployed so that it would be unrolled and face the sun (Apollo 11's faced the sun for 1 hour and 17 minutes).  

The flag attached to the LM descent stage also can't be seen waving---because it couldn't wave, as it was just a decal attached to the somewhat undulating surface of the LM descent stage gold leaf external  insulator.

Neil should in fact be visible where he's standing.   He's dimly lit of course, but that is natural, because he's being lit by backlighting, which is common on the moon and on earth.   Sunlight is reflected from the ground and whatever else happens to be lit , into the shadowed area, giving a lesser, but nonetheless visible illumination to things in shadow.

It happens all the time on earth...just go look into a shadowed area.  They're almost all illuminated to a degree.  This is backlighting.

On the moon, backlighting is very effective, as described by Neil himself within 2 minutes of his first steps on the moon, as he stepped back and described in detail what that aspect of lunar lighting was like.  

Nothing wierd on this picture, just natural things that one would expect to see, given the environment.

But there is something rather poingnant about this picture, and regrettable as well.

It is in fact the only photograph that shows the whole of Neil Armstrong on the moon during man's first exploration.   Neil had most of the photographic assignments.   There was only one surface camera on AS-11.   This one was taken when Buzz had the camera.

It has always been a peeve of mine that Buzz never took a second to get Neil framed for a frontal shot, perhaps near the flag or something like that.   There are more than 2 dozen pictures of Buzz taken by Neil on that EVA, but this one is all there is to record the presence of the first man on the surface of the moon.

I know the schedule was busy (pretty packed, actually), but I have often wondered why one wouldn't take a moment to get an historically important photo of the first man to set foot on another world...

#99    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:10 PM

by MID"By the way, what does the fact that the moon rotates and revolves around the earth in a fashion that always presents one face toward the earth have to do with anything anyway?"

I don't know why did you bring it up? I know there is no real dark side of the moon. Yes, I know all parts of the moon are exposed to sun at one point. I meant there is a far side of the moon however that is never seen by human eyes from earth.

I brought it up because you did, and it was irrelevant to the discussion.

I understand what you meant, but the original discussion mentioned a "dark side".  It also implied that some theory stated that there were large openings on the dark side.

My point was that the dark side is not, and it's been photographed and observed close up in great detail, by unmanned spacecraft, and by men.  There are no "openings" there.  It is not a large spaceship of some sort.  

That's all.

#100    Moon*Ghost

Moon*Ghost

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:10 PM

Aristotle himself wrote about the impossibility of the moon's orbit and placement. Greek authors Aristotle and Plutarch, and Roman authors Apolllonius Rhodius and Ovid all wrote of a group of people called the Proselenes  who lived in the central mountainous area of Greece called Arcadia  The Proselenes claimed title to this area because their forebears were there "before there was a moon in the heavens."  This claim is substantiated by symbols on the wall of the Courtyard of Kalasasaya, near the city of Tiahuanaco, Bolivia, which record that the moon came into orbit around the Earth between 11,500 and 13, 000 years ago,  long before recorded history.
1.  Ages of Flashes:  Aristarchus, Plato, Eratosthenes, Biela, Rabbi Levi, and Posidonius all reported anomalous lights on the moon.  NASA, one year before the first lunar landing, reported 570+ lights and flashes were observed on the moon from 1540 to 1967.
2.  Operation Moon Blink: NASA’s Operation Moon Blink detected 28 lunar events in a relatively short period of time.
3.  Lunar Bridge:  On July 29, 1953, John J. O’Neill observed a 12-mile-long bridge straddling the crater Mare Crisium.  In August, British astronomer Dr. H.P. Wilkens verified its presence, "It looks artificial.  It’s almost incredible that such a thing could have been formed in the first instance, or if it was formed, could have lasted during the ages in which the moon has been in existence.
4.  The Shard:  The Shard, an obelisk-shaped object that towers 1½ miles from the Ukert area of the moon’s surface, was discovered by Orbiter 3 in 1968.  Dr. Bruce Cornet, who studied the amazing photographs, stated, "No known natural process can explain such a structure."
5.  The Tower:  One of the most curious features ever photographed on the Lunar surface (Lunar Orbiter photograph III-84M) is an amazing spire that rises more than 5 miles from the Sinus Medii region of the lunar surface.
6.  The Obelisks:  Lunar Orbiter II took several photographs in November 1966 that showed several obelisks, one of which was more than 150 feet tall.         ". . . the spires were arranged in precisely the same was as the apices of the three great pyramids."

Don Ecker, Long Saga of Lunar Anomalies, UFO magazine, Vol. 10, Nol 2 (March/April 1995), p. 23.
  Ibid., p. 24
  Ibid.
  Six Mysterious Statuesque Shadows Photographed on the Moon by Orbiter, The Washington Post, Nov. 22, 1966, p. 1.

Edited by xymox1971, 04 June 2006 - 08:20 PM.

#101    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:15 PM

And no other planet in our solar system is anything like the earth.   I fail to see the relevance here.   The moon's position releative to the earth is well understood.   It is also unique in that it's a single moon...but we also have Charon and Pluto, "way out west", as it were, a  single moon almost as large as the planet itself.  That, too, is unique in the solar system.

So?

#102    Mr Slayer

Mr Slayer

Stay SLA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:17 PM

Jesus Christ, how many times have we gone through this topic?

Can't everybody just accept we never landed the moon? grin2.gif

#103    Moon*Ghost

Moon*Ghost

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:24 PM

And no other planet in our solar system is anything like the earth.   I fail to see the relevance here.   The moon's position releative to the earth is well understood.   It is also unique in that it's a single moon...but we also have Charon and Pluto, "way out west", as it were, a  single moon almost as large as the planet itself.  That, too, is unique in the solar system.

So?

Because MID, you are contradicting yourself, in an earlier post when I stated our moon was unique, you argued it wasn't and even said something irrelevant such as even Venus cause eclipses on earth. Also, yes , MID there ARE openings in the moons surface. Craters that shoot gas are even there. How could you even say there are no openings on the surface? I find that very odd.

Edited by xymox1971, 04 June 2006 - 08:28 PM.

#104    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:26 PM

Because MID, you are contradicting yourself, in an earlier post when I stated our moon was unique, you argued it wasn't and even said something irrelevant such as even Venus cause eclipses on earth.

I think you are confused...The topic of that was eclipses...

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#105    Moon*Ghost

Moon*Ghost

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:31 PM

I think you are confused...The topic of that was eclipses...

I am referring to a response MID made to me in this thread earlier. I said our moon is unique in its placement. he said it is not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users