Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Got milk? Got B.S.

• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#241    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 09 June 2006 - 06:50 PM

meglo at your young years why are you going to so many doctors? Why would you be seeing a diet guy????

Pointed question with a purpose, previously stated, exhibiting the implication people complain about.  Vegans are "superpeople" and therefore, others are... not.  I think it's the same as a Christian walking up and telling you "I'm a Christian so I'm going to Heaven." Thus you feel the implication to be: "therefore you're going to hell..." but I don't wanna get off on that topic... it's about Milk, not condesention.

i don't know if you are complimenting the threads

Yes, it definately sparks debate, and people put facts in that I can reference later... I like em! original.gif  It's a compliment.

I'm sure I can count on you to disagree in the future lol

thumbsup.gif  Only as time allows and the spirit moves me and if I'm not banned... tongue.gif

We see "shopping" for professionals happen all the time.  It is unfortunately a fact of life.  People tend to have difficulty putting their own biases aside when researching a topic.  People tend to have personal motivations for arriving at a particular conclusion.

What's wrong with looking for professionals that support a position?  It's the only way I found out that "unbiased" conclusion reports rarely are unbiased.

If one doesn't actively seek out the best arguments and reasons for an opposing position, it's nothing but a black pot/kettle.  An uneven load.  A one sided perspective.

And when you do a google to find out those pointed positions, and everything returned sounds like a Chuck Norris is god list with dancing milk cartons... maybe one will start to wonder if they're getting a whole picture or not.

I'm very much in favor of bias.  It's when something is presented to me as "unbiased" that I think I'm being shoved a load of not-so-goods.  I may very well come up with a different conclusion with the data.

On a more serious note:
http://www.cowabduction.com/

#242    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:50 PM

Sheri said earlier that even the smallest amounts of alcohol are bad for you...Studies show the Red Wine is actually good for you.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#243    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:56 PM

What's wrong with looking for professionals that support a position? It's the only way I found out that "unbiased" conclusion reports rarely are unbiased.

If one doesn't actively seek out the best arguments and reasons for an opposing position, it's nothing but a black pot/kettle. An uneven load. A one sided perspective.

shopping refers to going around looking for people to support your position.

What you are talking about is looking at all sides of the argument and the data that supports each side.

there is a difference.  in the former, you are steering your search to a specific conclusion, in the latter you are allowing the data to take you to the "best" conclusion (whatever it may be).

"He who knows not and knows not he knows not, he is a fool - shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not, he is simple - teach him.
He who knows and knows not he knows, he is asleep - awaken him.
He who knows and knows that he knows, he is wise - follow him. "
Arabia

#244    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:04 PM

shopping refers to going around looking for people to support your position.

What you are talking about is looking at all sides of the argument and the data that supports each side.

there is a difference.  in the former, you are steering your search to a specific conclusion, in the latter you are allowing the data to take you to the "best" conclusion (whatever it may be).

Right, but the problem I've encountered is the "unbiased" Still leave out data that will support *their* conclusion.

I only feel I'm getting all the information when I look for research that looks to prove a conclusion.  Then I *know* some will be left out, that I will find on the other side.

Allowing UN, or CDC, or FDA reports to present me with data I find unsatisfactory as they have biases and agendas of their own, that they don't admit to... "unbiased".  I'm being led to a conclusion.

So I seek biased information... and when I can't find it... hmmmm....

Edit: whole "movements" and "fields of research" are usually biased.

Edited by Celumnaz, 09 June 2006 - 08:07 PM.

#245    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 24,799 posts

• "If one is to be thought acceptable and agreeable in society, one must submit to being taught the same lessons over and over again." --Hammer

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:42 PM

Sheri said earlier that even the smallest amounts of alcohol are bad for you...Studies show the Red Wine is actually good for you.

there was also studies that tobacco wasn't harmful, that vaccinations erradicate disease and aren't harmful that vioxin wasn't unsafe, that Phen Phen didn't cause heart issues..... blah blah.....Frog the point of forming  sound decisions is the ability to discern value and merit from information......You certainly don't herd to the latest craze as americans are so fond of doing based on studies alone......You misunderstanding if you think I'd only go off of a study Hyper said it very well you look at all sides all info and allow the info to take you to the most beenficail conclusion on its own.....Definitley read studys but you can't stop there .....I wonder where Micheal is when i need him lol.....

#246    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 10 June 2006 - 02:07 AM

Stop being Hyper's cronie Sheri...He's not god, and he's not smarter than anyone else on this site.

Red Wine is Good for you:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/...50325222705.htm
http://www.hbns.org/newsrelease/cholesterol8-20-02.cfm
http://www.drdaveanddee.com/wine1.html
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/...20822070819.htm
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,8122-1333324,00.html
http://dentistry.about.com/b/a/251606.htm

White Wine:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1998633.stm

Show me how red wine is bad.

that vaccinations erradicate disease

They do thumbsup.gif So closed of from the world. Ever hear of Small Pox? Strain 1 Mumps? A couple of strains of Meningitis, and almost Polio?

Frog the point of forming sound decisions is the ability to discern value and merit from information

Which sadly you fail to do.

You certainly don't herd to the latest craze as americans are so fond of doing based on studies alone

So why are you doing it? The most outlandish ideas (vaccinations are bad) aren't true either.

I wonder where Micheal is when i need him lol.....

Can't make a point without him? Why don't YOU offer some evidence for once, Sheri?

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#247    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 03:00 AM

Sheri, you're being thought about...

I was drinking milk earlier, reading the gallon..."helps build strong bones" on the label.

Looks like you were lying about advertising. wink2.gif

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

#248    Megalomania

Megalomania

Poltergeist

• 2,939 posts

• *wonders what happens if you cook Mamee Noodles*

Posted 10 June 2006 - 04:48 AM

mega,

if you want "professionals" that support an animal free diet I remind you AGAIN to hit the jounals.  You will find plenty of peer reviewed and supported research backing the health benefits of a plant based diet.  You can review the work of entire fields.

What we see you doing is shopping for "professionals" that support your position.

We see "shopping" for professionals happen all the time.  It is unfortunately a fact of life.  People tend to have difficulty putting their own biases aside when researching a topic.  People tend to have personal motivations for arriving at a particular conclusion.

I don't understand how asking almost every doctor in Australia (hopefully, almost all of them will see the message), is "shopping".
So far out of the multiple hundred (as far as my doctor has reported) doctors that have replied to the message, 100% can't find problems in milk.

I went to the nutritionist, she said that milk is important in everyone's diet.
Now, I don't know how far across Australia I can ask,
But I'll get the opinions of as many nutritionists I can.

Also, my milk sample came back.
No diseases, not toxins.
Just 100% pure healthy milk thumbsup.gif

QUOTE(Sherri)
Meglo My goodness your in a different country correct????? You should see the way the US markets milk....and people beleive it too The thing is when you start really understanding the way the body works and how minerals and nutrients are assimulated, the 'milk' is the new heatlth elixer unravels and you see you have bought a story.....thats why we encourage you too research for yourself , you seem to be an intellegent kid you can decide for yourself......You have to look at all sides don't just favor your side...one can't make an informed decsion without truly considering both sides

Ah yes, I'm in Australia.
But if the US are doing this, would Australia really be too far behind?

And I'm trying to find both sides. But so far, the professionals are very one-sided.
Not my fault if they all agree thumbsup.gif

Posted Image

Read my story, Mindless Indulgence
Also read Replaceable

#249    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 24,799 posts

• "If one is to be thought acceptable and agreeable in society, one must submit to being taught the same lessons over and over again." --Hammer

Posted 10 June 2006 - 04:52 AM

Stop being Hyper's cronie Sheri...He's not god, and he's not smarter than anyone else on this site.

Red Wine is Good for you:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/...50325222705.htm
http://www.hbns.org/newsrelease/cholesterol8-20-02.cfm
http://www.drdaveanddee.com/wine1.html
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/...20822070819.htm
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,8122-1333324,00.html
http://dentistry.about.com/b/a/251606.htm

White Wine:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1998633.stm

Show me how red wine is bad.
They do thumbsup.gif So closed of from the world. Ever hear of Small Pox? Strain 1 Mumps? A couple of strains of Meningitis, and almost Polio?
Which sadly you fail to do.
So why are you doing it? The most outlandish ideas (vaccinations are bad) aren't true either.
Can't make a point without him? Why don't YOU offer some evidence for once, Sheri?

Frog that is a mattter of perspective and choice . Oh for cripes sake  .Hyper's intellegence speaks for itself frog stop this is just silly......FYI Hyper and micheal are dear friends of mine who I have the greatest resepect for and enjoy their posts and learning from them...

frog Alcohol isn't good for you you may choose too drink it but as far as your liver is concerned its not good for you....

#250    Megalomania

Megalomania

Poltergeist

• 2,939 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:03 AM

As Frog has said,

A little bit of Red Wine every night (IIRC) is good for you thumbsup.gif
His sources are adequate, and should be paid attention to original.gif

However, I think we all agree, too much IS bad for you.

Posted Image

Also read Replaceable

#251    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 24,799 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:15 AM

frog, this is what it says on the back of a bottle of wine, that I'm looking at right this minute.....

The goverment warning...According to the surgeon general Pregnant
1)Women shouldn't drink alcoholic beverages during pregnancy because of  the risk of birth defects.
2) Consumption of alchoholic beverages impairs the ability to drive a car and operate machinery and may cause health problems....

Now I ask you Frog which would you beleive a study put out to sell wine or the surgeon general ?

Wine is not good for you end of story.......

#252    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:20 AM

Why Drink Beer?

The Health Benefits Of Beer

Beer And Your Health

Research increasingly indicates health benefits of beer could surpass wine

The Secret Health Benefits of Beer

Beer: Can You Drink to Your Health?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
original.gif

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

#253    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 24,799 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:32 AM

Next are you guys gonna say sniffing glue is good for you "in moderation" or crack lol........boys alcohol isn't good for you frog and meglo your brains are still developing...  "Say no to drugs " thumbsup.gif

#254    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:47 AM

Next are you guys gonna say sniffing glue is good for you "in moderation" or crack lol........boys alcohol isn't good for you frog and meglo your brains are still developing...  "Say no to drugs " thumbsup.gif

Yeah...  rolleyes.gif

Beer can be good for you. Those articles aren't saying go out and get completely blasted every night. But have a little bit.  thumbsup.gif

#255    Megalomania

Megalomania

Poltergeist

• 2,939 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:04 AM

Wine is not good for you end of story.......

The sources are more than adequate, what more do you need?

Edited by Megalomania, 10 June 2006 - 06:04 AM.

Posted Image

Also read Replaceable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users