Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Got milk? Got B.S.

• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#46    melendezx6

melendezx6

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

• Life is a daily adventure!!

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:03 PM

I personally think milk is good for most people (unless you are lactose intolerant) in some way or another . A mothers milk is what the doctors say is best for a newborn . It is filled with stuff that is said to help a baby develop and grow healthy . But, then again so is formula so who knows... thumbsup.gif

#47    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 22,440 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix.

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:16 PM

I personally think milk is good for most people (unless you are lactose intolerant) in some way or another . A mothers milk is what the doctors say is best for a newborn . It is filled with stuff that is said to help a baby develop and grow healthy . But, then again so is formula so who knows... thumbsup.gif

there is no comparision to breast milk and formula, there are things in breast milk the scientist can't name...Its a sad day too that the 'formula calims formula is as good as breast milk.....A breast feedingmother will pass on her immunitys to this chld and protect this child from disease and illness while its immune system is developing..formula doesn' do this......

a formula fed baby is pasty and smells a breast fed child is rosy and smells sweet....the majority of a breast fed babys time will be held in a mohters arms not propped up somewhere with a bottle........

You ask any vet nursing mother and she will tell you there is never an excuse not to breast feed, it can be done........

Breast fed babys are smarter hands down, things happen inthe brain that don't happen in a formula fed child....A formula fed child will use alot of energy into healing after sickness colds and runny noses a breast fed child will put all of its energy into growing......IMO its jsut flat out ignorance ( the not knowing kind) to not nurse your child at least for a few days at least until it gets the colostrum...........many don't do it becasue of social reasons...
most care more about what someone will think instead of the childs health.....

Edited by Sheri berri, 02 June 2006 - 05:27 PM.

#48    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:47 PM

many are conditioned to put there trust into anything ole thing,  any claim, many feel i pay to have these companys do my leg work .and its very seductive..americans just don'[t want to think..tell them wht to do and call it a day...........

add the word "Some" in front of Americans and yep, I agree.  some ppl worship big govt to protect them and provide for them and make hard decisions for them.

#49    mklsgl

mklsgl

just me

• 3,153 posts

• They're selling postcards of the hanging
    They're painting the passports brown
    The beauty parlor's filled with sailors
    The circus is in town

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:26 PM

Notice that the Milk Industry dropped Mike Schmidt and Cal Ripken Jr. (in uniform standing by the fridge) for Sex/City babe in a black dress showing lots of skin in their ad campaigns.... So, what are they selling?

Grateful Dead; July, 31, 1982 @ Manor Downs, Manor, TX
"Yes it's 'T' For Texas"
Be Here Now!

#50    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:29 PM

It is a quick source of protein. Also, the biological value of whey protien(made from milk), has the highest of any food.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#51    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 22,440 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:07 PM

Notice that the Milk Industry dropped Mike Schmidt and Cal Ripken Jr. (in uniform standing by the fridge) for Sex/City babe in a black dress showing lots of skin in their ad campaigns.... So, what are they selling?

thumbsup.gif  wub.gif  grin2.gif

#52    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 22,440 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:42 PM

add the word "Some" in front of Americans and yep, I agree.  some ppl worship big govt to protect them and provide for them and make hard decisions for them.

Celum the majority of americans , give me a break......Most don't want to know, or be bothered.just tell them what to do , think for em, point em in the direction of their job, don't make em think.....and don't put a decision before em such as how to care for the planet they live on, or whats a healthy food source...... Schools are set up to tell people what to think not teach how to think.....

#53    A+Certified

A+Certified

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

• "...i got a new fridge, and the freezers on the bottom, NOW I HAVE TO BEND DOWN FOR WAFFLES! WTF IS THIS WORLD COMING TO!.."

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:35 PM

MILK IS THE DEVIL! (lol, jk)

so are you blaming milk for our common sicknesses?!?

......i dont drink much milk, and i in fact havent had many memorable cold/flu in my life.......in fact ive never gotten the flu!

but i dont think its becuase im milk depraved

#54    robbieb

robbieb

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 01:27 AM

a very simple rule is "don't eat crap".

this includes don't justify eating one type of crap with the claim it isn't as bad as another type of crap.

if my kid had to pick between milk and the new high sugar high caffie make ur heart jump out of ur chest energy drink or someother nonsence drink. id have thme drink the milk. not saying its good. but compared to alternatives there are out there. lesser of two evils.

is still evil yea i know someone will say that

#55    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 01:29 AM

drink water  rolleyes.gif  wacko.gif

"He who knows not and knows not he knows not, he is a fool - shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not, he is simple - teach him.
He who knows and knows not he knows, he is asleep - awaken him.
He who knows and knows that he knows, he is wise - follow him. "
Arabia

#56    robbieb

robbieb

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 01:34 AM

when i was a kid i refused to drink water and still wont drink tap water. many reasons for that one such reason is there are things in the water that the gound cant filter like hormones and stuff. plants on the other hand can so ill drink juice instead usualy. ugh guys dont drink tap water. women who take birth control pills there bondy can only absorb 60% of  the estrogen in them that 40% that gets expeled and 40% that goes into the water and 40% that cant get filterd out by man or the ground itself. and then when u drink tap water ur drinking estrogen in it and it has been shown to effect ur sperm count.

#57    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 03 June 2006 - 03:09 AM

Schools are set up to tell people what to think not teach how to think.....

Hahaha, you are getting worse Sheri...you sound more like a conspiracist everyday.

drink water  

Not in India rolleyes.gif Boiled milk thumbsup.gif

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#58    Megalomania

Megalomania

Poltergeist

• 2,939 posts

• *wonders what happens if you cook Mamee Noodles*

Posted 03 June 2006 - 03:40 AM

"If milk was bad for you, infants wouldn't be drinking it. "

read the studies on breastfed infants vs formula/non-human milk fed infants.

you will be in for quite the shock.

while you are at it, read up on the toxins found in all milks.  yum-yum rofl.gif

Oh great, now women produce poison in their breasts.  rolleyes.gif

Posted Image

Read my story, Mindless Indulgence
Also read Replaceable

#59    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 04:57 AM

read up on it mega,

while human breastmilk is the best food for human infants, it is only as good as the source.

PBDEs in milk products

Parts per trillion
Whole milk 3.39
2% milk 0.11
1% milk 0.15
Skim milk 0.01
Canned milk 0.02
Cream 20.81
Ice cream 18.35
Yogurt 8.47
Cheddar cheese  94.90
Cottage cheese 0.5
Processed cheese 81.40
Butter 264.5

PBDEs in human breast milk, by country

Levels of flames retardants in people vary widely around the world. Women in Canada have the second highest levels in their breast milk, after the United States. These are median levels, meaning half those tested have values either above or below those indicated.

Parts per billion  
Sweden, 2001 2.1
Germany, 2002 6.6
U.K., 2002  6.6
Belgium, 2001 2.9
Canada, 2002 22
United States, 2003 58

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...ienceandHealth/

"He who knows not and knows not he knows not, he is a fool - shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not, he is simple - teach him.
He who knows and knows not he knows, he is asleep - awaken him.
He who knows and knows that he knows, he is wise - follow him. "
Arabia

#60    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 22,440 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 05:28 AM

read up on it mega,

while human breastmilk is the best food for human infants, it is only as good as the source.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...ienceandHealth/

That is a excellent point Hyper, Breast milk is as quality as the mother eats......
Interesting Robbie you won't drink tap water ( which is a good choice) but you will eat gobs of meat and make claims that milk in a pinch is good for you.....Milk is not good for you, the only ones that say that milk is good for you is the dairy industry....
If observing taht kids are taught what to think not how to thing ik is a conspirasist to you ...who cares , it is what it is.......Schools dumb kids down and that is observable...lol

A certified you quoted"......i dont drink much milk, and i in fact havent had many memorable cold/flu in my life.......in fact ive never gotten the flu!"   this is true of anyone who doesn't drink milk it is a large factor in the common cold its very mucous causing....My kids ahve never had colds or any dairy related issues.........I'd say that is
a very big deal...also a common issue for milk drinkers is skin issues such as exema psorosis etc etc.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users