Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Peoria man gets life term in deaths of

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:37 AM

PEORIA -- A man prosecutors say is a serial killer who burned half of his victims to ash and bone in his back yard pleaded guilty to killing eight women Tuesday under a deal that will send him to prison for life rather than to Death Row.

Larry Bright, 39, pleaded guilty to seven counts of first-degree murder and one count of drug-induced homicide in the deaths of women whose bodies were burned or dumped along little-traveled central Illinois roads during a 15-month killing spree in 2003 and 2004.

Under the deal with prosecutors, who had sought the death penalty, the former concrete worker also waived all appeal rights and will serve the entire life sentence in a maximum-security prison without the possibility of parole.

Bright said "Yes, sir" and "No, sir" in response to questions from the judge but otherwise did not address the courtroom.

Attorney Jeff Page read a statement from Bright: "I know I've committed some horrible and unthinkable acts. I am very sorry for the grief and heartache that I have caused."

"I think it's a fair resolution," defense attorney Jay Elmore said outside court. "This guy is never going to see the light of day, and he knows he should never see the light of day."

Bright was charged in three deaths before accepting the plea agreement. But prosecutors said he confessed to eight killings after he was arrested in late 2004 by a task force investigating the deaths and disappearances of black women who authorities say all led lives that included drugs and prostitution.

The plea agreement required Bright to publicly admit all eight killings, which prosecutors say provides closure for families of victims, especially the missing women. Authorities say DNA tests have been unable to identify charred pieces of bone recovered from about a half-dozen sites.
Source
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why didn't they just shoot him?  disgust.gif A single bullet, around a dollar compared to over $40,000 dollars a year in keeping him alive. Not a hard choice, in my opinion.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#2    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:24 PM

Wow.  What goes so wrong with these people that they do these things?  I don't think they feel anything.  No remorse, nothing.   no.gif

#3    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,209 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:31 PM

Why didn't they just shoot him? disgust.gif A single bullet, around a dollar compared to over $40,000 dollars a year in keeping him alive. Not a hard choice, in my opinion.

Agreed

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#4    Kahrie

Kahrie

*The Strange One*

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

• born to be annoying

Posted 03 June 2006 - 02:02 AM

Why didn't they just shoot him? disgust.gif A single bullet, around a dollar compared to over $40,000 dollars a year in keeping him alive. Not a hard choice, in my opinion.

Agreed

same here however, that still counts as muder lol   wink2.gif

Posted Image

#5    mypaddedroom

mypaddedroom

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,429 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:27 PM

Why didn't they just shoot him?  disgust.gif A single bullet, around a dollar compared to over $40,000 dollars a year in keeping him alive. Not a hard choice, in my opinion.

Well I'd rather have the man suffer to be honest instead of him dying instantly and not feelin no pain or no remorse for what he done. Personal opinion

#6    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 03 June 2006 - 07:36 PM

Shoot out his knee caps!  Ouch!

#7    Conspiracy

Conspiracy

Poltergeist

• 3,074 posts

• "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Posted 11 June 2006 - 04:47 AM

Well I'd rather have the man suffer to be honest instead of him dying instantly and not feelin no pain or no remorse for what he done. Personal opinion

prison is suffering? man u really need to see what its like in there, u get so much crap and u got guards keeping u safe and stuff.. they got more rights in there then u and me do lol

Posted Image

#8    HarlequinDragon

HarlequinDragon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

• Call them Angels, call them demons, call them aliens we are not alone.

Posted 15 June 2006 - 11:07 PM

I know that he did some horrendous things, but in the end I do not and can not support the death penalty. However I am for life impressments in extreme cases such as the one mentioned here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users