Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Diets

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 22,557 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix.

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:07 AM

ok ui haven o idea what u said sherri. u can make ur own oatmeal im not aying pacakge kind. and the real kind is healthy and good for u. why is it not a good dieatary food in ur oppinion? (edgar cayce said everyone sohudl eat 2-3 almonds a day)

robbie i said processed foods that is all , refined it means that the  nutrtious part is taken out to last on the shelf longer, i know what i said , do you know what i said......
almonds are fine as long as they are Raw IMO......

#32    skratch

skratch

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

• It is only when we have lost everything that we are free to do anything.

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:36 AM

I'm sure this has been said, but the best diet you can do, is eat a balanced diet, as recommended by the food guide, and get lots of fresh air and exercise. Don't eat junk, and don't eat too much. Eat the usual 3 meals, and add in carrots or celery or fruit if you get hungry in between.

#33    Dando Kast

Dando Kast

Was that a bullet? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

• In order to be heard, sometimes you need say nothing at all.

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:49 AM

I'm sure this has been said, but the best diet you can do, is eat a balanced diet, as recommended by the food guide, and get lots of fresh air and exercise. Don't eat junk, and don't eat too much. Eat the usual 3 meals, and add in carrots or celery or fruit if you get hungry in between.

What's balanced?... and the food guide is far too vague to be useful (she's in Ireland anyways), what's junk? what's too much?  You'll need to elaborate as everyone is different.

#34    skratch

skratch

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

• It is only when we have lost everything that we are free to do anything.

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:02 AM

what's balanced??
Seriously??
Getting all the nutrition as required for your age/weight/height? I don't know her, she would have to consult a doctor or nutritionist. The food guide is vague you are right, but everyone is different. I believe she eats meat, so it's the required amount of food from the 4 groups for her age/height/weight. If interested in a healthier heart and faster weight loss, you should consider a vegetarian diet, and find recipes for foods that have an alternative to meat. (theres lots of veggie recipes so you know you aren't missing out on anything.)

Junk I consider fatty/trans fatty/saturated foods, too many sweets, etc. Fairly obvious, no? Cutting down on carbs helps a lot too.

#35    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 22,557 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:29 AM

Dando, Scratch is defintely one of the ones I would call well versed...she most likely didn't want  to repeat the same stuff thats already been covered.....She has much to contribute and I have learned alot from her... grin2.gif

Edited by Sheri berri, 06 June 2006 - 01:49 AM.

#36    Dando Kast

Dando Kast

• 1,653 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 02:12 AM

Dando, Scratch is defintely one of the ones I would call well versed...she most likely didn't want  to repeat the same stuff thats already been covered.....She has much to contribute and I have learned alot from her... grin2.gif

...and you can tell by her post she didn't read the thread.  I was merely showing her that she was being far too vague, for instance > low carbs may seem like a good idea at first but a healthy diet still should consist of about 50% carbs, 25% protein and 25% fat.  Carbs are essential in the morning and through most of the day, at night however it's best to avoid carbs and stick to protein.

#37    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 22,557 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 04:02 AM

...and you can tell by her post she didn't read the thread.  I was merely showing her that she was being far too vague, for instance > low carbs may seem like a good idea at first but a healthy diet still should consist of about 50% carbs, 25% protein and 25% fat.  Carbs are essential in the morning and through most of the day, at night however it's best to avoid carbs and stick to protein.

Why so much protien???generally it should be 10 to 15 % of your daily calories the higher if you are real active...your fat is real high too....What is your diet..if you don't mind the inquiry????

As i said Scratch has been around awhile and knows her stuff, but I can appreciate you didn't know that lol......

#38    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 04:27 AM

that 25% protein is a bobybuilding number, and 25% is max of where calories should come from (also fat should not exceed 20%).  But then, bodybuilders are not the healthiest specimans around.  Be careful in consuming high levels of protien.

"He who knows not and knows not he knows not, he is a fool - shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not, he is simple - teach him.
He who knows and knows not he knows, he is asleep - awaken him.
He who knows and knows that he knows, he is wise - follow him. "
Arabia

#39    Dando Kast

Dando Kast

• 1,653 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 05:19 PM

Why so much protien???generally it should be 10 to 15 % of your daily calories the higher if you are real active...your fat is real high too....What is your diet..if you don't mind the inquiry????
As i said Scratch has been around awhile and knows her stuff, but I can appreciate you didn't know that lol......

I'm not attacking skratch here you know, no need to keep defending her, I'm sure she's fully capable of that herself.  Protein is healthy and breaks down slowly, so on top of having a low calorie count is takes more calories to digest as well.  It just burns longer in the furnace then carbs or fat and is essential if you want to keep the muscle mass you currently have and not lose weight from your muscles instead of losing the fat.  I guess I'm just very active too....so my advice is from that perspective.  The fat I consume is mostly unsaturated(both poly and mono) fats found in nuts and the sort.  You can trust I have a healthy diet (minus the occasional pepsi  unsure.gif ).

#40    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 22,557 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 05:50 PM

I'm not attacking skratch here you know, no need to keep defending her, I'm sure she's fully capable of that herself.  Protein is healthy and breaks down slowly, so on top of having a low calorie count is takes more calories to digest as well.  It just burns longer in the furnace then carbs or fat and is essential if you want to keep the muscle mass you currently have and not lose weight from your muscles instead of losing the fat.  I guess I'm just very active too....so my advice is from that perspective.  The fat I consume is mostly unsaturated(both poly and mono) fats found in nuts and the sort.  You can trust I have a healthy diet (minus the occasional pepsi  unsure.gif ).

What is your diet???if you aren't comfortable you can PM  with it...i'm curious....
are you aware of the rules of fat??????Are you weight training?????

#41    Dando Kast

Dando Kast

• 1,653 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:11 PM

I'm at work right now, so I don't have time to list my typical diet, and I'm well aware of the effects of fat  thumbsup.gif ... I'm always training, not always weights neccasarrily and I practice Tae Kwon Do frequently...

#42    GreyWeather

GreyWeather

噢,这真是个快乐

• 6,407 posts

• If at first you don't succeed... cheat.

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:35 PM

not sure if this has been mentioned, but what do I care.

I heard celery sticks can make you lose calories pretty fast, as it takes more to eat and digest the calories in the celery, than what it actually provides.

plus they're green, so I guess they're healthy too. if you dont like greens, paint it orange so you can see in the dark as well as tongue.gif laugh.gif

Edited by Leliel, 06 June 2006 - 06:38 PM.

Posted Image

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. The smallest act of kindness can be the greatest thing in the world.

#43    Dando Kast

Dando Kast

• 1,653 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 07:07 PM

not sure if this has been mentioned, but what do I care.

I heard celery sticks can make you lose calories pretty fast, as it takes more to eat and digest the calories in the celery, than what it actually provides.

plus they're green, so I guess they're healthy too. if you dont like greens, paint it orange so you can see in the dark as well as tongue.gif laugh.gif

That's true, celery is basically water, but it does take awhile to break down the "strings" it's made of...and it is suggested to eat a little cheese or olive oil (or whatever you fancy with it) as the nutrients hitch a ride on the fat molecules present.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users