Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

why havent we been back?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 31,170 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 12 June 2006 - 05:18 PM

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Bush annouce we we're making a plan to go back soon? As it stands the U.S. has no means to go back due to its interest in global terror right now, and its spending most of its fund in the war on terror. Basically in my own opinion it boils down to money ans right now Bush is pleading for it, so I don't see us going back until the war on terror simmers down. On top of that, with the immigration problem the U.S. has, the Bush administration is focusing on that now too.

If it happens, it won't be till like 2010 or 2012...

Or even later...  hmm.gif

Yes, as has already been metioned in this thread. For more details see this thread: The Vision For Space Exploration

America won't return to the moon until around 2018 - 2020.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#32    Master Sage

Master Sage

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

• DRAGONZ!!!!

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:47 PM

The reasom we havent been back is NASA can't afford it.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#33    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:12 PM

A simple answer to the thread's question would be:

because we can't and we never could.

Yes, that is indeed a simple answer...

There is a rather specific simplicity involved in making such a statement.

#34    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:23 PM

ok, great post .Thats cleared that up. So 50000 is less than 104000000000? Thanks. RELATIVELY.
Many thanks to the guys above for their explainations.I have another if you dont mind. The flag that was stuck in the moon..is it still there and if so can it be seen?

You're welcome, Moon Monkey.
As has been pointed out, 6 flags were actually planted in the lunar surface.

It is also true that no resolving capability in existence could see the flags standing there, even if they were still there.   I say if because I feel rather strongly that after a minimum of 34 years on the surface, which involves a bit over 400 cycles of temperature variances of approximately 500 degrees F, plus the solar partical flux that they've been exposed to, these flags are likely deteriorated by now.

They were your garden variety, nylon fabric flags.   I think all that might be left of them is their poles, where those poles actually stayed upright in the blast of LM liftoff from the moon.  I know at least one was seen blowing down upon LM liftoff, and most were in fairly close proximity to the LM.  I'd guess that several went flying on LM launch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users