Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 15 July 2006 - 03:14 AM

.some people stop breathing while they sleep don't they and wake up with a startle and start breathing again right?

Sleep Apnea happens only to older people...My mother has it.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#32    Kahrie

Kahrie

*The Strange One*

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

• born to be annoying

Posted 15 July 2006 - 04:03 AM

Sleep Apnea happens only to older people...My mother has it.

but could there be a possibility that infants have it as well?  hmm.gif i find it weird how noone knows the cause yet

Posted Image

#33    jen2006

jen2006

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 04:46 AM

but could there be a possibility that infants have it as well?  hmm.gif i find it weird how noone knows the cause yet

I work in the medical field, and sleep apnea DOES and CAN happen in infants.  My six month old is on an apnea monitor and he has in fact had some apnea episodes. Apnea does not just happen in older people.  Thats like saying only older people die.

#34    jen2006

jen2006

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 04:59 AM

I work in the medical field, and sleep apnea DOES and CAN happen in infants.  My six month old is on an apnea monitor and he has in fact had some apnea episodes. Apnea does not just happen in older people.  Thats like saying only older people die.

I dont buy the lung disease theory, usually disease is spotted in the autopsy.  SIDS is defined as a baby who appears healthy dies from some underlying condition that predisposes them to suuden death.  But that seems a little off too because wouldnt they find the underlying if there was one.  Quite simply no one knows what it is.  One theory that ive heard is an immature brainstem and somehow the signals get crossed and the throat closes instead of opening up. Which that dont make much sense either. If your breathing supply was cut off wouldbt you wake up, of course unless you sleep deep and have trouble awakening.  I think that there is something else but havent found it yet.  There are some things dont look for or see unless they have reason to. The only thing I do know is there seems to be a pattern of certain behavior changes before death.  My daughter was out of character the night she died.

#35    dantheman2435

dantheman2435

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

• "Wat."

Posted 15 July 2006 - 09:05 PM

My best friend's sister died of SIDS. =( Horrible it is.

#36    jen2006

jen2006

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:53 PM

if crib deaths (SIDS) are caused by the fire retardants in baby mattress'  
why doesn't our country ban those chemicals?

This post is the first place i heard anything about the chemicals in mattresses whcin i thought was crazy until it became a topic in my sids group.  The answer to your question is by banning these chemicals they are admitting liability.  Can you imagine the impact of these companies being at fault

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users