Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Beer Ingredient May Fight Prostate Cancer

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 13 June 2006 - 05:53 PM

Frog again you are in error, i start alot of these threads and am one of the major contributors, along with hyper and micheal and scratch and avinash and celum ........

Funny they are all vegans...

You can check out anything and it will check out I rarely use goggle much of my knowledge is aquired knowledge......

I think Kratos proved that wrong laugh.gif

IMO alcohol is more harmful than it is good for you and there are kids that come on here i personally excersise great care in what i do and don't advocate.....this is a family forum......

Wow, what a stupid excuse...

Kids, when you are 21, drink 1 glass of wine a day thumbsup.gif

i don't find goggle to be a good source for the most part....

Then why do you plagarize it?

Look drink beer , drink milk, eat meat sniff glue if thats what makes you happy...Its not personal nor does it matter what you do or don't do as far as I'm concerned,,,Look i have drank, ate meat, smoked too, i didn't really look into things either of course i tended towards only taking on the beleifs that worked for me who doesn't....but i began to look into things and realized that there is so much we just trust and most get there 'nutrition info off of commercials i was one too once....I'm now looking into things deeper....Its just info you decide what and if it means anything to you.....I post on health....many things don't fall under my umbrella lol.....

Too bad modern science disproves a lot of what you say.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#32    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:09 PM

I'm not a vegan. original.gif

#33    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:16 PM

How could I forget tongue.gif

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#34    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:21 PM

Kids, when you are 21, drink 1 glass of wine a day  

now that is just being irresponsible.

meta analysis of the studies on alcoholic beverage consumption responsibly state that if people are currently drinking 1 glass of wine a day (or the equiv) there is no reason to tell them to stop, if they are drinking more to recommend reducing consumption, and most importantly if they are not drinking 1 glass of wine a day (or equiv) to NOT recommend adding it to their diet.

"He who knows not and knows not he knows not, he is a fool - shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not, he is simple - teach him.
He who knows and knows not he knows, he is asleep - awaken him.
He who knows and knows that he knows, he is wise - follow him. "
Arabia

#35    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 13 June 2006 - 07:34 PM

now that is just being irresponsible.

meta analysis of the studies on alcoholic beverage consumption responsibly state that if people are currently drinking 1 glass of wine a day (or the equiv) there is no reason to tell them to stop, if they are drinking more to recommend reducing consumption, and most importantly if they are not drinking 1 glass of wine a day (or equiv) to NOT recommend adding it to their diet.

Hyper a doctor would not tell his patients that a glass of red wine ...meaning ONE glass...every day or every other day...is good for you....if they KNEW it wasnt.....if that was the case and a person did only drink ONE single glass of red wine with their dinner...and something happened to them...i think doctors would have been up in court over it....I doubt very much that a glass of red wine with your dinner will do any harm

I personally hate red wine...but just becuae I hate it dont mean I will  deny what a qualified doctor has said thumbsup.gif

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#36    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:10 PM

user posted image

w00t.gif

Seriously... I think it's either 10 oz or 12 oz serving.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

#37    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:32 PM

user posted image

w00t.gif

Seriously... I think it's either 10 oz or 12 oz serving.

w00t.gif thats what I call a glass of wine LOL

But seriously you are right...it does no harm...doctors wouldnt lie like that!!!!

#38    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:57 PM

LOL, look at his expression!

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#39    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 10:02 PM

BM,

what you said could be taken two ways, both of which are disturbing. blink.gif

Arabia

#40    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 10:05 PM

BM,

what you said could be taken two ways, both of which are disturbing. blink.gif

How so Hyper??? explain to me how a glass of red wine a day or any other day ONE GLASS is disturbing???

Are you a doctor??? I am NOT repeat NOT trying to be funny with you...but Hyper...I for one would like to see how the heck that is disturbing....not a long winded responce...short and sweet if you please thumbsup.gif

#41    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 10:12 PM

you defended frog's blanket advice for kids to start drinking a glass of wine a day at age 21 because of "a qualified doctor".

interpretation 1: you are calling frog a qualified doctor when in the past his converstations have stated he wants to become a doctor.  

interpretation 2: blind trust in somebody because they hold an MD.  This is rediculous.  As I have said, the meta-analysis of the studies on the effects of alcohol at this time do not support telling people to start drinking one glass a day.  If a doctor who knows your personal medical history wanted to suggest such action to you, that is between you and your doctor.  Blanket statements at this time are irresponsible and reckless.

Arabia

#42    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 10:20 PM

the meta-analysis of the studies on the effects of alcohol at this time do not support telling people to start drinking one glass a day.

That can be disputed thumbsup.gif I can easily say the meta-analysis DOES support drinking a glass of wone a day...You won't find evidence for neither.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#43    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 10:21 PM

well, you go do that analysis and get it published frog.  Then we will compare it to already published reports.

Arabia

#44    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 10:24 PM

you defended frog's blanket advice for kids to start drinking a glass of wine a day at age 21 because of "a qualified doctor".

interpretation 1: you are calling frog a qualified doctor when in the past his converstations have stated he wants to become a doctor.  

interpretation 2: blind trust in somebody because they hold an MD.  This is rediculous.  As I have said, the meta-analysis of the studies on the effects of alcohol at this time do not support telling people to start drinking one glass a day.  If a doctor who knows your personal medical history wanted to suggest such action to you, that is between you and your doctor.  Blanket statements at this time are irresponsible and reckless.

Umm I hate to break it to you hyper...but now you are going all PA in my face....please direct me to where I actually classed Frog as a doctor??

Hyper please read my posts again...when I said....a doctor has told me...I am not talking about Frogfish...I am talking about MY OWN GP...ya with me so far?? huh.gif

Right after Frog had said that about kids drink wine when you are 21 ect...I never so much as quoted him saying YEA go for it...If a person does NOT drink...they should NOT start just because red wine is good for you...I cannot stress this enough

look at this

A glass of red wine a day keeps the doctor away
Is red wine the fountain of youth or a potent poison? Is enjoying a glass of red wine with dinner each evening beneficial to your health? Current research suggests that a glass of red wine each day may be providing you with more than just a little relaxation.

What are the health benefits of drinking red wine?
For over 10 years, research has indicated that moderate intake of alcohol improves cardiovascular health. In fact, in 1992 Harvard researchers included moderate alcohol consumption as one of the "eight proven ways to reduce coronary heart disease risk." However, research has suggested that specifically red wine is the most beneficial to your heart health. The cardioprotective effect has been attributed to antioxidants present in the skin and seeds of red grapes.

Scientists believe the antioxidants, called flavonoids, reduce the risk of coronary heart disease in three ways:

by reducing production of low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (also know as the "bad" cholesterol)
by boosting high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol (the good cholesterol)
by reducing blood clotting. Furthermore, consuming a glass of wine along with a meal may favorably influence your lipid profiles following that meal
Recently, researchers have found that moderate red wine consumption may be beneficial to more than just your heart. One study found that the antioxidant resveratrol, which is prevalent in the skin of red grapes, may inhibit tumor development in some cancers. Another study indicated that resveratrol aided in the formation of nerve cells, which experts believe may be helpful in the treatment of neurological diseases like Alzheimerís and Parkinsonís.

How much red wine should I drink?
A four-ounce glass of wine is equivalent to one serving. Men will benefit from consuming one to two servings per day. Women should consume only one serving per day to reap the maximum benefits. This is not to say that you should start drinking alcohol if you presently do not. Occasional or binge drinkers have higher mortality rates than those who drink moderately on a regular basis. In those who consume three or more drinks per day, there is an increased risk for elevated serum triglycerides (fat in the bloodstream). Long-term, excessive alcohol consumption can damage nerve cells, the liver and the pancreas. Heavy drinkers are also at risk for malnutrition, as alcohol may substitute for more nutritious foods.

What about grape juice and non alcoholic red wine?
In 1997, researchers at the University of Wisconsin concluded that purple grape juice also reduced blood clotting. Another study by researchers at University of California at Davis, confirmed the findings that non alcoholic red wine contains the same antioxidant profile as red wine. However in a 1998 study, Japanese researchers found that while grape juice still had antioxidative benefits, it did not significantly lower LDL cholesterol levels compared to red wine.

Source

Ya with me now???? hmm.gif

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 13 June 2006 - 10:25 PM.

#45    Megalomania

Megalomania

Poltergeist

• 2,939 posts

• *wonders what happens if you cook Mamee Noodles*

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:09 AM

I'm not eating anything that doctors say is good, even if they've spend 10 years learning about it.
I'm going to wait for another scientist/doctor, who I wouldn't normally trust (as their degrees are only for people to put blind trust into) to publish a meta-analysis, then ask another scientist/doctor (who also has these unreliable degrees that are only for blind trusters) for his meta-analysis.
I will then compare the two, completely trustworthy meta-analyses, from two people who prey on blind trusters, and make my decision to eat from that.

Whatever you say original.gif

Edited by Megalomania, 14 June 2006 - 07:11 AM.

Posted Image

Read my story, Mindless Indulgence
Also read Replaceable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users