Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Can ghosts travel?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    Vera Ikon

Vera Ikon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

• It's in the trees--- it's coming!

Posted 15 October 2003 - 01:47 AM

We've all heard of spirits/demons/presences that can be summoned through rituals or even Ouji boards.  But has anyone ever heard of a ghost previously "anchored" to a specific site following a live person back to their home and "setting up housekeeping", as it were?  I've heard of maybe 2 instances where a family moved to a house, found it haunted, moved out, and had the ghost follow them to their new home!  However, I suspect that in those cases, the "ghost" was actually a family member (either the mom or dad) playing some sick controlling game with their family, or just trying to get attention.  However, I'm wondering about the presence I seemed to have encountered in Tennessee (see my other post)...I haven't talked about the incident since spring break ended, and thinking about what happened and recalling the girl's name today seems to have brought back the bad feeling I had when I was down in TN.  I'm probably just scaring myself here, but I'm feeling a little insecure.  I've got plenty of neighbors in my building that I can go hang with, so I don't have to be alone here, but I just want some feedback and reassurance.  Thanks guys!  

...I Want to Believe.

#2    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

• For you, Baby, I could be

Posted 15 October 2003 - 02:09 AM

Um, what I'm about to say, Vera, probably won't be totally reassuring, but it might just be an isolated case.

I remember hearing a story told by British paranormal investigator, Anthony Shaeffer.  After investigating a haunting, a spirit/entity `followed' him home, and started to make it's presence known, around his house.

I do remember hearing at a later date that the spirit had gone, but I couldn't say if it had left on it's own, returning to it's original site, or whether steps had been taken to remove it.

Posted Image
Posted Image

In case...two words, not one Posted Image

#3    Vera Ikon

Vera Ikon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 02:27 AM

Well, we're talking a very significant lapse in time here.  It's been 7 months since that trip.  That's 7 months full of no strange feelings, no odd occurences-- just life as usual.  I think just recalling the experience so vividly for all of you stirred up the old feelings.  If it's any consolation, I don't plan on every visiting that place again!

...I Want to Believe.

#4    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

• For you, Baby, I could be

Posted 15 October 2003 - 02:45 AM

Seven months?  In that case, Vera, I reckon you must be okay, then.  Surely you would have seen or felt something by now, had anything followed you home.

I can understand why you wouldn't want to go back, too.  Why put yourself through all that worry again.

Posted Image
Posted Image

In case...two words, not one Posted Image

#5    Vera Ikon

Vera Ikon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 03:39 AM

Yes, I think my imagination was just running away with me!  I feel better now, but a little silly...   whistling2.gif  

...I Want to Believe.

#6    Agent_21

Agent_21

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

• Baby says: Vote for Biccy Boy!!! UM2004
    BABY LIKES MILK AND COOKIES!
    Yo J! ;)

Posted 15 October 2003 - 02:00 PM

Yes they can. I'll tell you about one later; and it's really scarey!!!

A:21

#7    *MoG*

*MoG*

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

• 2008 - Year of the MoG

Posted 15 October 2003 - 02:03 PM

Tell now!!  Tell now!!!

Pleeeeeeeeze grin2.gif  

#8    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 15 October 2003 - 02:04 PM

Oh yes!! Absoloutely and its more common then one would think as well. Especially after investigating locations wink2.gif

Lottie

#9    dancin'hamster

dancin'hamster

Psychic Spy

• 1,800 posts

• "When Good is hungry, it seeks food, even in dark caves, and when it thirsts, it drinks even of dead waters"

Posted 15 October 2003 - 05:00 PM

Yes ~ as mentioned in a previous thread !!

Me and a group of friends got something and it latched onto us.

The jist of the story is in the ouija board thread I think........

Hammy x x x

#10    Vera Ikon

Vera Ikon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 09:04 PM

Yes, please go ahead and tell the story/stories now!  I'm over my little scare (thanks guys- I'm such a baby!).  I'm sure these stories have some valuble info to help others avoid a similar experience.  

...I Want to Believe.

#11    Agent_21

Agent_21

Psychic Spy

• 1,574 posts

• Baby says: Vote for Biccy Boy!!! UM2004
    BABY LIKES MILK AND COOKIES!
    Yo J! ;)

Posted 15 October 2003 - 11:16 PM

I don't want to scare Vera after she's been reassured. I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about after all this time though.
A:21

#12    colorless

colorless

Psychic Spy

• 1,480 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 12:31 AM

When I'm walking upstairs, I feel something watching and following me until I get all the way up.

#13    PrinceOfDarkness

PrinceOfDarkness

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 01:33 AM

I've been followed home from an investigation before, too. It wouldn't go away and it took a lot of hard work to get rid of it.
But, that was my first investigation and I walked in blind and naive, and I have learned to be better protected for the future  original.gif  

#14    dancin'hamster

dancin'hamster

Psychic Spy

• 1,800 posts

• "When Good is hungry, it seeks food, even in dark caves, and when it thirsts, it drinks even of dead waters"

Posted 16 October 2003 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE (PrinceOfDarkness @ Oct 16 2003, 01:33 AM)
I've been followed home from an investigation before, too. It wouldn't go away and it took a lot of hard work to get rid of it.
But, that was my first investigation and I walked in blind and naive, and I have learned to be better protected for the future  original.gif

Batty!!!!
Really?
You never told me this! Heck, don't be taking back any ghosts from The Crown on Saturday will ya? They need the ghosties!

Hammy x x x

#15    Vera Ikon

Vera Ikon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 01:53 PM

Thanks for your concern, Agent, but I'm really totally okay now.  In the few days I've been involved with this forum, I've already started to get over my fear of ghosts and the paranormal, which I'm really happy about.  I originally poseted this thread to get feedback on my situation, but if someone's got a "traveling ghost" story to share, please do!    

...I Want to Believe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users