Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A Glass Of Red Wine A day

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:53 PM

i do respect your opinion.

It is just that these issues are far more complex than most treat them (as I am sure you know).  As such, I only point out the n=1 statements because they don't actually answer anything than to point out there is not a 100% causal effect between a particular choice and a particular outcome.  

Successful moderation := exposure below a toxic threshold for the subject.

Each person's toxicity level is different which is why I, like yourself, do not like blanket statements on the issues. thumbsup.gif

(case studies are valuable for suggesting research directives as well as treatment planning and projections, but not good for estimating variables in a larger population.)

Edited by hyperactive, 15 June 2006 - 10:58 PM.

"He who knows not and knows not he knows not, he is a fool - shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not, he is simple - teach him.
He who knows and knows not he knows, he is asleep - awaken him.
He who knows and knows that he knows, he is wise - follow him. "
Arabia

#17    halo_slightly_askew

halo_slightly_askew

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 11:11 PM

They are indeed complex and as I have stated in one of my posts, I am admittedly not near as knowledgable as some, including yourself. Which is why I have only addressed a very few points, I have much to learn and enjoy doing it. Though that does not mean I will not occasionally be tongue in cheek.  innocent.gif

The complexity is what generates interest in my book, but there are some things that I just can't let let slip by, i.e. blanket generalizations of the med field, any more than you are able to let things slip by that you know to be true  thumbsup.gif I can respect that.

It seems to me a person's toxic threshold is similar to a person's pain threshold, being that each person's body is variable and unique in it's reaction to various levels of pain. Although, a person's pain threshold can also be influenced by the mind, i.e. fear of pain.

Don't get me wrong, Grandma isn't a blanket statement, nor would she ever allow me to refer to her as one, she is merely an example of one persons 'reaction' to moderation.  grin2.gif

Thanks for the comments. Enjoyed them.

P.S. Personally I'm of the opinion that "moderation" is overrated and only provides a method for people to justify behaviors bad for them. But that's a whole other topic. How's that for contradiction?  w00t.gif

Edited by halo_slightly_askew, 15 June 2006 - 11:16 PM.

#18    Alpha_Sniper

Alpha_Sniper

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 05:05 AM

Moderation is just fine with me.....I enjoy an occasional glass of wine with my eight ball.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users