Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 9 votes

moon landing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4059 replies to this topic

Poll: moon landing (231 member(s) have cast votes)

do you believe that people landed on the moon.

1. yes (157 votes [67.97%])

Percentage of vote: 67.97%

2. no (74 votes [32.03%])

Percentage of vote: 32.03%

Vote

#1    Death Star III

Death Star III

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 03:08 PM

do you believe humans landed on the moon?

Posted Image
(\__/) this is bunny. copy and paste him into your
(='.'=) signature and help him gain world domanation.
(")_(")

(Isn't he amazing.)

My webpage

#2    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 03:11 PM

do you believe humans landed on the moon?

No, I do not "believe" humans landed on the Moon.
I know they did.

There's a difference between the two terms.

#3    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,085 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 05:35 PM

I know they did.

yes.gif

I don't think there's much reason to believe that the moon landing didn't happen, all of the conspiracy theorists keep throwing out the same arguments time after time even though they keep getting debunked.

#4    S3th

S3th

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 05:57 PM

I know they did.

This is so funny...

Okay MID, I'll bite.  How do you KNOW they did?  Were you there?  Did you see it on TV.  Because I see alot of things on TV and most of it is smoke and mirrors.

Way older people get very miffed when told that the moon landings were orchestrated to relieve the American public of the fear that Russia was going to Nuke us from space.  To put confidence back into the hysterical and fearful mass.

Well, I believed we went to the moon too...

That was all before a very interesting episode of NOVA which alleviated me immediately of the illusion that we went to the moon.  It was an episode dealing with the magnetic field that surrounds our planet keeping us from frying like a bunch of fish on a frying pan.  

How were our Astronots able to survive Solar radiation.  They weren't flying in a lead box.  Even if they were, they went out of the LEM into a Sun lit moon and are still living to tell about it, without any skin cancer.  

And, if we supposedly went to the moon.  Why, thirty years later, are we not going there again?  WHY?    Because we can't!

Get over it people, you were fooled into believing a pack of lies.  Nobody likes being a fool.  So, use your mind, get over it, we all got PUNKED!

#5    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,085 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 09:54 PM

^Why aren't we going back to the moon again? Apart from the fact that we are going back to the moon and that the mission was announced months ago you mean?

About the radiation, I'm sure that Dr. Van Allen (pretty much the authority on the subject) himself has denied the fact that the radiation belt would have any serious effect on the astronauts. Yes, the astronauts had sustained radiation but the amount was miniscule, they didn't stay within the radiation belt long enough.

If we didn't go to the moon how do you explain the mirrors which were placed on the surface of the moon? We know that there are mirrors there because scientists have used them for calculating measurements (using lasers).

Just because someone has a different opinion to you, that doesn't mean that they are a fool nor does it mean they aren't using their mind.

Also, your sig is way too big.

#6    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 14,666 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 12:07 AM

Get over it people, you were fooled into believing a pack of lies.  Nobody likes being a fool.  So, use your mind, get over it, we all got PUNKED!

I gather you don't like "being a fool" either? I suggest that you set aside a block of time and go here to Jay Windley's "Clavius" website. You need to read it all. When you have finished then you might want to go and ask MID any questions you have. You see, MID was involved in Apollo (ie, it was his job). Sometimes "way older people" have had some life experiences that you haven't.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#7    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 29,761 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 12:16 AM

^Why aren't we going back to the moon again? Apart from the fact that we are going back to the moon and that the mission was announced months ago you mean?

And the Russians, Europeans and Chinese are all going too. Not bad for something that's impossible.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#8    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,085 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 01:20 AM

^Really? I didn't know that. I'm gonna be an astronaut!  happy.gif

Thanks for the link, Lilly.

#9    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,492 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 01:49 AM

I 'believe' humans went to the moon because my father helped design the launch vehicles for the Apollo missions.  And my Daddy don't lie. grin2.gif

Embrace the impossible.

#10    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 29,761 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 01:54 AM

^Really? I didn't know that. I'm gonna be an astronaut!  happy.gif

Sadly Raptor you'll probably have to change nationality (I'm assuming that, as your country is set to UK you are a British Citizen).

The UK currently opts out of the European Space Agency manned spaceflight programme. As a result the UK is not entitled to have any astronauts in the ESA corps. Unless the government reverse this decision the only British astronauts we will be seeing are those like Mike Foale and Peter Sellers (who will make a space walk during the next shuttle mission) that become American citizens.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#11    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 03:53 AM

This is so funny...

Okay MID, I'll bite.  How do you KNOW they did?  Were you there?  Did you see it on TV.  Because I see alot of things on TV and most of it is smoke and mirrors.

Way older people get very miffed when told that the moon landings were orchestrated to relieve the American public of the fear that Russia was going to Nuke us from space.  To put confidence back into the hysterical and fearful mass.

Well, I believed we went to the moon too...

That was all before a very interesting episode of NOVA which alleviated me immediately of the illusion that we went to the moon.  It was an episode dealing with the magnetic field that surrounds our planet keeping us from frying like a bunch of fish on a frying pan.  

How were our Astronots able to survive Solar radiation.  They weren't flying in a lead box.  Even if they were, they went out of the LEM into a Sun lit moon and are still living to tell about it, without any skin cancer.  

And, if we supposedly went to the moon.  Why, thirty years later, are we not going there again?  WHY?    Because we can't!

#12    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 03:58 AM

We are not going back to the moon for a couple of reasons. One, we been there more than once and there is not much to explore that will benefit us. Second, funds for space explorations is now being use to go beyond the moon.
Maybe, there are those who are getting punked by the conpiracy theories???

#13    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 04:40 AM

We are not going back to the moon for a couple of reasons. One, we been there more than once and there is not much to explore that will benefit us. Second, funds for space explorations is now being use to go beyond the moon.
Maybe, there are those who are getting punked by the conpiracy theories???

In 2020 we are yes.gif

Okay MID, I'll bite. How do you KNOW they did? Were you there? Did you see it on TV. Because I see alot of things on TV and most of it is smoke and mirrors.

Because he WAS there yes.gif Sorry S3th...your wrong.

There are so, so, SO many threads on this topic....USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#14    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 06:48 AM

Maybe, it is in the drawing board about a trip back to the moon. But so many things can happen before that.  Like budget cuts or something might get us so interested with Mars for we are still exploring much of it.

#15    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 07:12 AM

I gather you don't like "being a fool" either? I suggest that you set aside a block of time and go here to Jay Windley's "Clavius" website. You need to read it all.

Pearls to swine Lilly. laugh.gif The hoaxbelievers like to keep their fantasy intact.

It seems a lot of people are willing to automatically turn off their critical thinking skills and accept the most ridiculous things as long as it comes tagged with a "government cover up or government conspiracy" label.

Could it be that most of these hoax stories are created by people who have never accomplished anything (that they feel is important) in their lives, and want to comfort themselves by believing that they now, finally,has one up on the, government, scientists, NASA, military,etc.

There has not been a moonhoax claim (waiving flag,missing stars,etc,etc) that hasn`t been debunked.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke