Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gurdian Angels

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you belive in them? (44 member(s) have cast votes)

yes

1. no (12 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. in the middle (11 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. yes and i have one (defintly) (14 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

4. yes and i have one ( i think) (7 votes [15.91%])

Percentage of vote: 15.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16    ~Onyx~

~Onyx~

The Wisest of Asses

• 7,141 posts

• They gave me life, I gave 'em hell.

Posted 20 June 2006 - 04:44 PM

I agree.  It is a nice idea and I'd like to think they are there, even if not for me then for my kids.   thumbsup.gif

Interesting idea, if not purely subject to opinion, but I had a stange dream that lends to this topic not to long ago....if I may:

I was running through an airport trying to stop a plane that(for some unexplained reason) I knew was going to crash or explode, upon arriving at the security gate I was stopped(of course), and while I was arguing with the guards there I happened to look to my left and noticed a little girl sitting down looking at me. She had very large brown eyes and a bit of a dark complexion with dark shoulder-length hair.......she was the only thing about the dream that I can say I recall vividly, she might have been 5-7 years old(sitting down it was hard to tell more accurately). As I stared at her she smiled and said "don't worry, there watching over you.....the little girls....two of them....they will protect you." The next thing I know I am in an elevator, and when the elevator door opens I am running toward the airplane, when I get a little closer the airplane explodes. I somehow get the feeling that for whatever reason that I was chasing that plane that I had accomplished my mission and that nobody was aboard..........but the little girl and her "message" is what irked me the most. I had a sister that died at birth....maybe she is one of the "little girls" that is watching over me.....but the other....I have no clue.......I just don't know.

Now does this mean I have a guardian/guardians angel? or am I just one hell of a vivid dreamer? again, purely subject to personal opinion, given that there is no proof one way or the other....but if I said that this dream diddn't irk me just a bit...I would be lying.

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views. Which can be unconfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

#17    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

• ~*★*~Engine of destruction~*★*~

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:41 PM

Now does this mean I have a guardian/guardians angel? or am I just one hell of a vivid dreamer? again, purely subject to personal opinion, given that there is no proof one way or the other....but if I said that this dream diddn't irk me just a bit...I would be lying.  

Very interesting.  Most psychologists believe that dreams are the brain's way of making sense and organizing the day's events and not prophetic.  But even if you believe that there is still meaning in the dreams because the subconscious is involved.  I love dreams and I have quite a few books about them.  I do feel like there is meaning in them even if it does come from within.   thumbsup.gif

edited for spelling.  sheesh.

Edited by coldethyl, 20 June 2006 - 06:43 PM.

#18    SunnyOutlook

SunnyOutlook

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:23 PM

I believe in angels and I think if you do believe in angels, faith has a lot to do with it.  Afterall, the definition of faith is "being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."  There have been many stories whether you believe they are true, legend, myth, etc. where people have entertained angels unaware.

SunnyOutlook

I really try to keep an open mind, but don't insult my intelligence.

#19    Robert1

Robert1

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:46 PM

I'm in the middle on this subject.  I would like to believe that there are spirits watching
after us but to many bad things happen to convince me that they are real.

#20    ~Onyx~

~Onyx~

The Wisest of Asses

• 7,141 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:51 PM

Very interesting.  Most psychologists believe that dreams are the brain's way of making sense and organizing the day's events and not prophetic.  But even if you believe that there is still meaning in the dreams because the subconscious is involved.  I love dreams and I have quite a few books about them.  I do feel like there is meaning in them even if it does come from within.   thumbsup.gif
edited for spelling.  sheesh.

I do believe that the subconscoius does not present information that isn't already stored away in some way, shape, or form....but where that dream scenario originated from.....I have no idea.

And no, we will hold the misspelling of "sheesh" over your head for many moons to come....it's to late to repent now...you...you....misspeller you!!!!!! tongue.gif

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views. Which can be unconfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

#21    nitr0gen

nitr0gen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:57 PM

I believe in angels, but I think "Guardian Angel" is a misnomer. There are spirit guides that help you along the way, but they aren't angels, they are Holy Ghosts. They CAN be relatives but it isn't necessary and they have to petition to be your guide. Sometimes the petitions are denied.

Edited by Lost-Marbles, 20 June 2006 - 08:01 PM.

#22    ~Onyx~

~Onyx~

The Wisest of Asses

• 7,141 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 08:29 PM

I believe in angels, but I think "Guardian Angel" is a misnomer. There are spirit guides that help you along the way, but they aren't angels, they are Holy Ghosts. They CAN be relatives but it isn't necessary and they have to petition to be your guide. Sometimes the petitions are denied.

That's a very interesting interpretation...to think that someone ACTUALLY PETITIONED to be my guide???!!!! which means that I either need THAT MUCH help or somebody pulled the short straw, lol.

#23    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 08:31 PM

I do believe that the subconscoius does not present information that isn't already stored away in some way, shape, or form....but where that dream scenario originated from.....I have no idea.  

And no, we will hold the misspelling of "sheesh" over your head for many moons to come....it's to late to repent now...you...you....misspeller you!!!!!! tongue.gif  

Maybe the dream originated because you were worried about your daughter?  Didn't you say you had a daughter?  I dunno.  It's an interesting subject tho!   thumbsup.gif  

I didn't misspell 'sheesh', I misspelled something else and just said sheesh.   laugh.gif    

But I'm not a misspeller!!!  Look at the title and subtitle of this thread and then bow down before my spelling abilities and my ability to use spell check as no other!   grin2.gif  

#24    ~Onyx~

~Onyx~

The Wisest of Asses

• 7,141 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 08:55 PM

Maybe the dream originated because you were worried about your daughter? Didn't you say you had a daughter? I dunno. It's an interesting subject tho!  

Yes I did, I'm flattered that you would remember, she is 6yrs old...but that dosen't explain the other child in the dream, I had kinda forgotten about the dream until reading this subject.

I didn't misspell 'sheesh', I misspelled something else and just said sheesh.  

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......I prostrate myself before you, and humbly beg your forgiveness....oh great misspeller... rofl.gif

#25    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:05 PM

Yes I did, I'm flattered that you would remember, she is 6yrs old...but that dosen't explain the other child in the dream, I had kinda forgotten about the dream until reading this subject.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......I prostrate myself before you, and humbly beg your forgiveness....oh great misspeller... rofl.gif

Hey!  I'm not a misspeller!  I'll think about forgiving you....okay, I forgave you.

laugh.gif  

Well maybe the other child represented your sister?  Who knows?  That's what is so interesting about dreams.  I have some dream books that I reference all the time.  Pick out the main theme of the dream and see what they say just for kicks.  It's best to do it at the time of the dream because that's when it will be most relevant.

Incidentally, explosions are supposed to signify lasting improvements in all aspects of your life.   thumbsup.gif   And dreaming of a strange girl forecasts sudden, surprising news.  So, did you win the lottery after this dream?   wink2.gif

#26    brazilianguy

brazilianguy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 193 posts

• A genious man would find a way not to fight.

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:21 PM

i mean the idea of guardian angel is also good, because you will never be alone.

#27    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:46 PM

Spelling Police oh oh ohmy.gif makes a quick exit from here laugh.gif

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#28    DeadRobot

DeadRobot

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

• Ones truth can be anothers fable.

Posted 21 June 2006 - 01:43 PM

I think there might be but not in the sense of an angel type guardian angel more of a subconciously created thought-form that seems to aid you in your ways. Kind of like an extra defense mechanism for piece of mind.

Edited by DeadRobot, 21 June 2006 - 01:44 PM.

Posted ImageV3

#29    sean2011

sean2011

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:05 PM

hey i do believe maybe someones watching over us and we have guardian angels due to some people even talk to them if its true or not is a different story, but i'd like for someone who does talk to them, to pm me and try to help me contact mine because i'd like some advice and guidence

#30    143

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:02 PM

i voted yes, and i think i have one

my dad..... crying.gif  he died..............crying.gif

i v had some very close calls and i think hes watching over me.......

its nice that you think your dad is your gaurdian angel but from what i have studied regarding this topic, they are assigned to you already and they arent necessarily people you have known.  he is watching over you though and knows everything you are doing.  He may even be able to ward you of things or give you a heads up.  But chances are you have one or more spirit guides watching over you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users